Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help needed with ski instructor for Morzine/Avorias for group

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
Does anyone know an instructor that my group of 10 can use for group ski lessons in Morzine/Avoriaz without having to go through a ski school?Range from beginners to intermediate and need help with technique and to show us the mountains for a couple of days in Jan?We are on a budget so would like to pay direct.Thanks in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ESF are the lowest common denominator for price (and some would say value for money). Any instructor qualified to work in France (whether part of another school or independent) will use the ESF pricing as a benchmark, and then add a percentage to reflect the extras they feel they offer. You could look for an unqualified "instructor" around the bars or on Facebook, but that has various drawbacks. Your best bet price-wise is to book an ESF instructor on "engagement" by the half-day (emphasise "english-speaking"), and split your group into two each taking half his time.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@shep, or on SHs, I presume, but I guess the biggest drawback there or on FB would be their likely reputation for having “no friends (or clients) on a powder day”?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@under a new name, wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replys.Im looking really for an instructor on his day off who fancys earning some extra money.any day of the week would be fine.Might have a look on facebook.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Most instructors don’t have days off @saintnickle, It is worth paying for an instructor particularly with the gap in capability.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@saintnickle, I'm not sure any ski instructor licensed in France will teach outside the system unless they fancy a night in jail + a hefty fine. If you want some quality British instruction take a look at BASS.

http://www.britishskischool.com/BASS_Resorts/Morzine

If you want to dive head first into a massive can of worms, this may give you some context..... https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/news/British-ski-instructor-sentenced-to-prison-or-a-30000-fine/
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@saintnickle, I'm not sure any ski instructor licensed in France will teach outside the system unless they fancy a night in jail + a hefty fine. If you want some quality British instruction take a look at BASS.

http://www.britishskischool.com/BASS_Resorts/Morzine

If you want to dive head first into a massive can of worms, this may give you some context..... https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/news/British-ski-instructor-sentenced-to-prison-or-a-30000-fine/
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cheap != value for money.

If you really do have (absolute) beginners in your group then expecting an instructor to manage that and also deliver something worth having to the intermediates at the same time is unlikely to lead to a satisfactory result for everyone. You also say day doesn't matter, yet you want them to show you around the mountain - which would normally be something you'd want to do at the start of the week Puzzled

For beginners they will be best served in lessons, with or without the group. For the intermediates consider whether your budget is best spend on the most cheap instructor time or less but top quality instructor time. English speaking will make a difference in getting the most out of your time, and there are some excellent British ski schools in Morzine/PDS (including BASS). They may well cost you more per hour than ESF - but they will speak English and they will be highly qualified.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks kitenski i will take a look at the school
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy