Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo skier looking for other skiiers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm taking my son and wife on their first ski trip (Ellmau) over February half term and will be skiing with my beginner son for most of the week so I'd like to get away for another week of hopefully more serious skiing in mid to late March.

Would anybody like to tag along, I'm based in the midlands, so would prefer to fly from Birmingham, but flexible on departure and also destination, but need to be sure of good snow and reasonably testing terrain?

I'm a fit 60 y/o and able to ski most things, very easy going and happy to have a couple of drinks but sadly my late night partying days are behind me.

Please pm me if you are interested.

Cheers Adam.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Adam

Just a couple of threads down, I'm looking to get a group for a trip to Les Deux Alpes in March. Seems to fit all your criteria. I don't really mind which week it is, but I'm going to Twickenham on 16th March for England Scotland, so that rules out the middle 2 weeks of March. It's a high resort, so snow should be good. There's also the possibility of skiing La Grave.

PS. I don't know how to PM.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Adam,
Usually get a small group trip in March, as well as other times of season.

When mid to late March misses Easter hols, as in 2019, tend to do a very late booking. We find that’s always worked for us but accept it doesn’t suit everyone.

Don’t do s/c. Usually go for chalets, chalet hotels, decent quality (but not silly prices) or hotels with food included.

More often than not, in March, visit 3V or EK. Also EMB a possible if conditions good. Both Saalbach and Zermatt also on ‘must do’ list whenever.

Midlands based so usually get flights from BHX or EMA. MAN or LPL as back ups, given that trains from Midlands usually work well and driving is manageable. Don’t do London airports any more.

Ski anything pisted and occasional off piste in good conditions. Plenty distance covered most days. Like you, enjoy a beer or two but prioritise skiing. Can drink better cheaper beer other 46 weeks of year!

If of any interest please PM with any questions.
snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've tried hotels and a catered chalet(just once). Had terrible food in one hotel, and reasonably good in another. Was lucky with catered chalet, but you still get what you're given, and at the allotted time. There were horror stories from other people I shared with, of terrible food.

My preference is Self Catering, because you can make yourself a nice breakfast, egg and bacon if you like, plus make yourself some real coffee - all just how you like them, and it takes 20 mins.

In the evening, go out, eat whatever you fancy that day. My opinion is, you eat better self catering than any other way, and it still costs you less. Only downsid, is an apartment for 4 can be pretty cosy, so not so good if you value your privacy. Doesn't bother me none though.

Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Triple post

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 9-10-18 18:16; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Triple post

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 9-10-18 18:16; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@SteveBrown, I'd be very interested in La Grave can be flexible with dates what's the thread link.ElDiablo I'm also in the Midlands and up for most things challenging. I'm a non boozer but up for a social fun trip
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
All thanks for all of you replies and PM's.
I'm looking forward to seeing what is available and hopefully tagging along for an end of season trip.
@LeglesWonder welcome.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
LeglesWonder wrote:
@SteveBrown, I'd be very interested in La Grave can be flexible with dates what's the thread link.ElDiablo I'm also in the Midlands and up for most things challenging. I'm a non boozer but up for a social fun trip

This is the link to the thread:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=138903

I don't know why my posts are apearing mulitiple times. It seems to happen every time, but usally I can delete. This time no option. I think the option expires, once there's a reply.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Singlesport will be in Courchevel on 9 March we have all abilities but include some very good skiers
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy