Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pyrenees 2018-2019.

Poster: A snowHead
After a very long sunny dry spell in the western French pyrenees it snowed last night!! About10cm of super light dry powder in Artouste this morning and lovely sunny day. More snow forecast over the next week as well.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ahhh hope that Pas de la Casa gets some too! Any boots on the ground reports from there/Grau Roig?

Also more general question - will the forecast 5-10cm over the next week make much difference to overall snow quality? Like is 2cm each day enough to make it better?

We head out Saturday morning Very Happy
Thanks.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
seen videos on instagram of it snowing heavily in pas de las casa yesterday and theres more forecast
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Long term forecasts keep promising big dumps, but they've disappeared every time ;(

surely we will get one more before april...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Was at La Molina with family on Sunday. Still good coverage on the pistes as night-time cold temps keep the blowers blowing; but warm daytime temps and blazing sunshine meant sugary-snow before midday, and lots of slush and big puddles by mid-afternoon.

It's currently fairly cold in Andorra but forecast to heat up this week... spring has sprung.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Actually looking at webcams and it's snowing pretty good in Arcalís now, anyone been up there recently?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just back from Baqueira. It needs some snow really.
Friends still there report a lite dusting last night, but the big dump that was forecast for the weekend seems to have disappeared again !

Still plenty of ok skiing, but needs more snow if it's going to last until Easter.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
In Baqueira Beret at the moment, having lunch in the el Refugio San Miguel (thanks for the recommendation!) and the dusting we’ve had yesterday and overnight has really helped the snow situation. The snow on piste is much softer this morning than in the previous days when it was bulletproof. There’s even some off piste for those who don’t mind the occasional dust on crust. Overall a great resort and will definitely come back!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Excellent day today in Arcalis, the pistes are great, hard first thing in the morning but softened up as the day went on. The off piste was even rideable after about 2 o clock, we even found some powder by hiking over a ridge. It snowed in Arcalis during the week but the wind blew it all into the corners it seems...Great station Arcalis, and not busy at all..
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Grandvalira in superb condition today, temperatures have fallen sufficiently to allow snowmaking and the pistes are in remarkably good nick given the recent temperatures. Off piste still Russian roulette in most places. Snow is forecast but not in large amounts.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@moosepig,
Still snowmaking at this time of year ?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Rob Mackley, yes, the place would be very brown without it!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A dusting overnight. Snowing steadily as forecast. A day for skiing in the trees I think, visibility looks a bit iffy higher up... at least, that's the view from breakfast snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowing goodo in the Pyrenees now, lots forecast for the next week...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
nice, when does the mountain close in grandvalira?
latest report
mmcla wrote:
nice, when does the mountain close in grandvalira?

22 April...
snow report
Anyone know the closing dates for:
Gourettes
Pierre St Martin

Thanks
snow report
Gourette closes Sunday and La Pierre the 14th. Let me know if you are going and need a bit of company!
ski holidays
Looked at the webcam this morning ; awful. Canillo só bald, as is Soldeu valley.

Looked this evening; snowing everywhere!
latest report
It seems that the season is reopening after a month and a half of bleh...

Pity that we've lost so many areas along the way, though. None of Cambre d'Aze, Formiguères, Port del Comte, Vallter and Espot were able to hold out until their scheduled closing date, (which is a bügger because I have unused invitations for all of them - but what was the point when there was barely anything skiable); and Vall de Núria has also closed in general but may open next weekend as a one-off.

Still, there are still a couple of weeks to get to get a shot at those which remain; maybe even 3 or 4 weeks more for Masella and Arcalís.

All in all, though, despite the spectacular early opening, it's a season to thoroughly forget, from an excitement point of view at least. The interesting thing, though, is that the snow cover has actually held up pretty well in many areas, and apparently most of them are boasting good numbers. It's a funny old game...
latest report
I sit here looking at the silver lining. I really couldn't afford a ski holiday this year, spent every last penny on house refurb. (Last year saw a week in Andorra AND two weeks in Canada...). So I'm thinking I dodged not necessarily a bullet, but not one of the better seasons. We would have come at Carnival and it wasn't terrible then but not at its best already I think.
ski holidays
Pyremaniac wrote:
The interesting thing, though, is that the snow cover has actually held up pretty well in many areas, and apparently most of them are boasting good numbers. It's a funny old game...

I was thinking something similar sitting in the car park in Beret a few weeks back, it was hot, 20 degrees and the pistes were acceptable with spring snow, but there was more people around than the year before, people like being on the mountain in the sun!
snow conditions

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 4-04-19 10:46; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Looks like about 10-20cm has fallen depending on the area, big snowfall forecast for Friday / Saturday...
snow conditions
Any skied Cauterets or Gourette this weekend?
I am in the area next week and was wondering if it was worth a cheeky exploration (although I think Gourette is shut from the 14th?)
latest report
According to this Gourette is closed https://www.esquiades.com/en/news/all-closing-dates-of-the-ski-resorts

I've been following a thread over on nevasport and both Arcalis and Grandvalira look good, lots more snow forecast this week
snow report
Looking to hire a splitboard in the Molina/Masella area. I have been searching the web for hours and can't seem to find anything close enough to be practical for a weekend...any local knowledge that can help?
snow report
Gourette did close on Sunday, La Pierre and Cauterets are staying open until next Sunday, snow forecast all this week and temperatures are staying fairly low so should be good. Cauterets on sat or Sunday is having its end of season park session where multiple features are built everywhere so expect lots of people.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A great pub-quiz question from the Diari de la Neu: which Pyrenean resort has the lowest-altitude lift base station taking folks up to the ski area?
snow report
Cedrick wrote:
Looking to hire a splitboard in the Molina/Masella area. I have been searching the web for hours and can't seem to find anything close enough to be practical for a weekend...any local knowledge that can help?

I'm pretty sure that Intersport in Puigcerdà will have splitboards. If not, I'm sure they can point you in the right direction. You can get there by train (plus an uphill walk) if need be.
snow conditions
RetroBod wrote:
Any skied Cauterets or Gourette this weekend?
I am in the area next week and was wondering if it was worth a cheeky exploration (although I think Gourette is shut from the 14th?)

Gourette closed after last weekend. Cauterets will keep on going until Easter, being one of the most snow-sure ski areas in the Pyrenees (and indeed Europe). Only Masella and Arcalís will out-do it this year (as every year), I reckon.
snow conditions
Pyremaniac wrote:
A great pub-quiz question from the Diari de la Neu: which Pyrenean resort has the lowest-altitude lift base station taking folks up to the ski area?

Ax-les-thermes?
ski holidays
Cauterets?
latest report
Cauterets?
snow report
From the ones I've used and tracked on a Garmin.
Saint Lary - 830m
Ax - 720m
Cauterets - 700m
snow conditions
It's Bagnères-de-Luchon, whose gondola at 600m takes you up to the Luchon Superbagnères ski area at 1800m - a full 1200m of vertical, matched AFAIK only by the Funicamp lift in Andorra, which leaves Encamp at 1300m and climbs to the very top of the Grandvalira area at 2500m.

If they ever build the clamoured-for gondola from the Catalan village of Rialp to the Port Ainé ski area, then that will beat that vertical, since it would leave from 700m and presumably arrive at the principal entrance of the ski zone at 1950m. It's an amazing drive to get up there: 1250m of vertical in 20 minutes, up a genuine mountain road with vertiginous drops, looking over even steeper cliffs on the other side of the valley where unlikely villages and shepherds huts perch on top, such as Rodés whose houses sit right over a 400m drop. The road costs the taxpayer a fortune every year on repairs, but there's no doubt that the gondola wouldn't come cheap either.
ski holidays
Crap Very Happy - completely forgot about Superbagneres !!!
636m on the Garmin.
snow report
Webcam shows Soldeu and GV got a healthy top up over the last few days!
snow report
Heading up there tomorrow so will report back.
snow conditions
Good skiing all over GV. A day or two too late for the off piste, but the piste skiing as good as it's been all season.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy