Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting stoked

Poster: A snowHead
cameronphillips2000,

I'd be mega stoked if I still had the option of growing my hair! wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Scarpa wrote:
I have one more week left to work, then 4 or 5 getting my house ready for my cousin to move in.

Skiing should start mid Nov snowHead Laughing Toofy Grin Madeye-Smiley Cool

Hope we get great early snow conditions like last season. snowHead

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 4-10-18 14:55; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For the first time ever our group have managed to book 2 trips already! Long weekend in Feb to Sierra Nevada and a week in Sauze 9th March Cool

We normally only manage 1 week each year so I'm already "stoked" Twisted Evil

More "beast from the east" for next year please mr weatherman... NehNeh
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've just stoked my mate, Shocked

We're booking our main holiday this weekend and based on another thread about buses and trains found him flights to Milan for £34 and a bus ticket to resort for £9!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Posh wan-kers begin planning baffling skiing trips
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.

European lift-served non-glacier skiing, today as you should be able to see from the timestamp. snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@what...snow, where's that?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@leggyblonde, https://www.ruka.fi/en/
Started their winter season today but looks like they got some ‘cosmetic snow’ wink to make it look really wintery. On Tuesday, it was properly white strips with green fields/trees. They start with a couple of runs and gradually open up over the next few months.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just finished 82 ski days at my local hill. Epic season; it started early and went strong to the end, though September was relatively warm and dry, but with many bluebird days.

Only 99 days until I ski again... in Sankt Anton. Life is good.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@ulmerhutte, Lucky you Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ulmerhutte wrote:
Just finished 82 ski days at my local hill. Epic season; it started early and went strong to the end, though September was relatively warm and dry, but with many bluebird days.

Only 99 days until I ski again... in Sankt Anton. Life is good.

You write totally correct :"Ski Tart" snowHead

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sun 7-10-18 10:57; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bought my Super Salzburg season pass today Smile Covers about 64 resorts across mid Austria. Excited Toofy Grin Madeye-Smiley Cool
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Scarpa,

Excited but not stoked? Puzzled Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm both stoked and scared.

Stoked - spending the first 3 months of next year in the PDS, with wife and newborn daughter.

Scared - first time skiing since knee reconstruction, knee still week, and worried about getting back on the mountain
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Stoke has begun, purchased my new annual MBU pass this morning Very Happy Stoke will heighten when my new bindings arrive end of Oct. Couple of early season day trips to Sass Fee, Tignes and Verbier if it opens might have to happen or I'll wee myself.
ski holidays
Started getting stoked when I booked my flights for the BB. Will get even more stoked when we get buttons for it and really really stoked when I actually get there Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
@Bergmeister, I was already stoked Toofy Grin
ski holidays
The teasing early dusting on the webcams inspires fitness plans and gear consideration

The depressing immediate melt

This may repeat a few times

Normally have a lull around start of nov

As soon as the base proper starts to appear and everything gets whiter, you can't put it back in the box

Week before first trip, kid before xmas

After that, stoke returns to a sustainable level before peaking again in an end of april frenzy of last turns for 7 months

Rinse and repeat...
snow conditions
Feeling the Stokintons today... I'm wondering if I can get hold of an Ostrich suit for the BB...

http://youtube.com/v/YmIqavhdaig
snow report
For some reason its kicking in here...... roll on november
ski holidays
HotDogger wrote:
Feeling the Stokintons today... I'm wondering if I can get hold of an Ostrich suit for the BB...

http://youtube.com/v/YmIqavhdaig

@audfart and I were thinking of getting Batman and Robin suits for the night run. Problem is, it’s extra weight to carry with an already skimpy EasyJet luggage allowance. The other problem is, getting your normal skiing clothes down the hill. Mine won’t fit in my little back pack. We tried to find latex Statler and Waldorf masks, but they were all sold out. Sad
latest report
Once skied as cows and tigers in Primark onesies with the feet cut out, pulled over our ski wear.

Sitting in a bar in Saalbach, when Darth Vader, some Storm Troopers and The Stig, amongst others, was a class moment.
latest report
NickYoung wrote:
Once skied as cows and tigers in Primark onesies with the feet cut out, pulled over our ski wear.

Sitting in a bar in Saalbach, when Darth Vader, some Storm Troopers and The Stig, amongst others, was a class moment.

Cool. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Not stoked yet. Got girls' long weekend booked in Borovets for end of January, but nothing else. Since the Moris in Val is no longer available it's kind of scuppered my annual trip. Not really sure what to do, the EOSB is a bit too close to my holiday in May.

I've ordered some new ski trousers though, that made me happy.
snow conditions
Just got an unused pair of Nordica Dobermann FIS SL skis cheap, they were a reserve pair and never skied on. Will replace my extremely aged Atomics (I have skied them for 3 years with a break in one edge).
Extra stoked snowHead
ski holidays
Just booked flights for opening weekend in schladming. If there's snow great if not we'll still have a good few days
snow conditions
@holidayloverxx, snowHead
See you there hopefully. We are planning a trip away to visit relatives at some point in that week.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Mon 15-10-18 0:14; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@Scarpa, booked panorama deck for the concert and skiing sun and Mon all being well
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I want to be stoked. Currently snow / holiday anxiety is winning over stoke.

My trip isn’t until the end of January so should be fine but it’s my only holiday for the year and I’ve saved hard for it so it NEEDS to be good Very Happy
snow report
After only deciding that we wanted to work the season at the end of September, JanetS and I are now sorted to work in Montalbert (La Plagne) mid-December to the end of the season. Our new skis are scheduled to be delivered today as well, so the anticipation is mounting!
snowHead
snow conditions
@RobinS, I'm sure you'll have fun Smile
snow conditions
@Scarpa, Will miss the Salzburger Superski - but we can't afford a full season without working, so we will work the winter, then do a long cycle tour next summer.
snow report
@RobinS,
Maybe the early season snow in Salzburg is as good as last season and that will tempt you to get in a few cheeky days before you go.
I'll try to keep up for longer than 5 mins without my equipment exploding this time. (bad workman blames tools)
Whatever happens enjoy your season you lucky pair. snowHead
snow conditions
@DB, Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I was getting stoked until the consultant told me I need a new hip and the op will be early in the new year Sad
latest report
@tarrantd, Sad
ski holidays
@DB, Last season November/early December was a powderfest and the one before that I spent a the same period blasting down almost empty pistes at obertauern and Zauchensee.
ski holidays
Properly stoked for a week in les gets end of jan, been playing indoors today though on a Jones ultimate mountain twin, the temptation is high for a board that absolutely rips
latest report
Reinstated our membership at the local snow dome at the weekend. Got back on our boards for the first time last night since February! Cant wait to spend more time on the snow. Got our first trip of the season planned all the way in April, so now just trying to convince my better half that a 2nd trip should really be considered Smile wish me luck.
latest report
You need 2 trips.
I am trying to work on the same but it isn't flying yet......
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy