Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting stoked

Poster: A snowHead
StepD is super-stoked. She has known her rep placement for the season was in Canada, but only found out last week that she will be in Banff and covering Lake Louise & Sunshine, with ski away days to Kicking Horse & Panorama. She hasn't stopped running on the ceiling since.
My wife and I also quite excited to go and visit her.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dp wrote:
...I'm anti-stoked...

Hello, Auntie Stoked Toofy Grin (that's got to be worthy of a name change)

dp wrote:
...I'm hoping I might get a short (<week) trip to Japan MAYBE...

Up until you said that, there was a chance we'd feel sorry for you.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Dave of the Marmottes, It's €488 if you buy in October (cheapskate month, really), but unfortunately you need a residency certificate to get one Sad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Scarlet wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes, It's €488 if you buy in October (cheapskate month, really), but unfortunately you need a residency certificate to get one Sad

Discrimination in EU I think - isn't that why France stopped locals pass prices? Anyway that probably puts breakeven at about 10 days which is probably a stretch unless I did a week out there with some very accomodating hosts wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Dave of the Marmottes, Oh, do you know any? NehNeh
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Dave of the Marmottes, apparently the cookings and the cakes are no good and she's drunk all the grappa. rolling eyes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Here's the link to Super Stoked Southern Hemisphere Correspondent's end of season edit.
https://www.facebook.com/louis.charnaud/videos/10156834590702112/UzpfSTExNTM3OTIwMTg1MzoxMDE1NTQ5OTAxMjAyMTg1NA/
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Scarlet wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes, Oh, do you know any? NehNeh

Dunno, heard a rumour that spyderjon might require some interim QC testing to enable retention of brew making certification.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dp wrote:
I took a job on for the next 12 months which will more or less prohibit skiing at all.

Whaaaaaaaaaaatt !!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scarlet wrote:

Dave could use Nicks cert as he won't need a pass now that he's gone all 'dude' and is off skateboarding with the kids Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@midgetbiker, happy birthday matey!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
when WXCharts show snow, I will be stoked
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@spyderjon, gonna try snowboarding, he says. Feel free to point and laugh Laughing

@adithorp, s’ok, Dave's a good chef, so that’s tea sorted I reckon.

@midgetbiker, “just another birthday”, yeah? wink Have a good one!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
midgetbiker wrote:
dp wrote:
I took a job on for the next 12 months which will more or less prohibit skiing at all.

Whaaaaaaaaaaatt !!

It was a bit of a... errr... miss one season to secure future finances to allow my lavish skiing habits to continue for the foreseeable kind of decision.

I am pretty disappointed about it though. I'd probably say "bummed out" if I was a snowboarder.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Scarlet, what skis you snagged? I’m lurking on some Downs.
snow report
dp wrote:

I am pretty disappointed about it though. I'd probably say "bummed out" if I was a snowboarder.

Everyone else is using age-inappropriate words so you'd probably be alright with that snowHead
snow report
@spyderjon, @Scarlet, merci.

I believe past 50 you are obliged to count backwards, so I'm heading back to my mid forties.
snow report
@Markymark29, Scott Superguide 95

@midgetbiker, sounds fair. When we moved, we decided that we could reset because no one really knows how old we are. I’ve gone for 29.
snow conditions
Ski pass starts on 13th October. Not sure what will be open by then, but it might be fun finding out!
latest report
@midgetbiker, don't forget to reduce your dins now that you're riddled with osteoporosis!
snow report
Scarlet wrote:
@Markymark29, Scott Superguide

Did you get the ones with the fencefinding nav disabled?
ski holidays
Stoked level is building gradually in sunny London today.

Zermatt week trip booked for mid December - watching the webcams everyday to welcome the first dump of snow for the season...none yet falling but hopefully the opening of the new ski lift to the Klein Matterhorn will tempt something to fall from the sky.

Stoke then reached new levels with another week booked in Val T in Jan....

Bring on the snow!
snow conditions
As stoked as this guy? I think so!

http://youtube.com/v/6TTFhD9sczg?t=16s
snow conditions
@Dave of the Marmottes, it was the Nordica Santa Anas that came with that. The Superguides don’t have it as standard NehNeh
snow conditions
Jonny996 wrote:
I do same every year, get all excited and book all my trips for the early half of the season, then leaving my wondering how I can get away with a 7th trip in March!

Now, that's the spirit! snowHead
ski holidays
Pre-season Stoke has increased a notch as we've just found a chalet for the main Feb holiday.

Pre this week, Stoke was running at a reasonable level as I need to go shopping for gear and my new watch arrived which tracks skiing properly rather than having to force a 3rd party app onto my old garmin.
ski holidays
With reference to "a cold Monday night in Stoke."
This is what " a cold Monday night in Avoriaz" brought yesterday

So I am increasing my current stokeage Smile
snow conditions
Next week, my mother is visiting from, erm, Stoke, if that helps? Toofy Grin

The more exciting news though, is that Stubaier Gletscher is opening on Saturday 6/10 snowHead snowHead Cool
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
1st snow in both resorts I have booked for December in Austria & March in Alps

ski holidays
Jonpim wrote:
Good grief, Guys: its still September.........Agree with Hurtle and rob@rar: no stoking until at least end of November..........[/url])

Do agree as still doing other stuff such as kiting and riding, so lots to concentrate on, and then back out to the Mountains next week to make the most of the Autumn.

However as I'm off to Siberia November 16th I should be starting to get excited big time about that trip but the way the feckin Visa application is going, (tour op supplied wrong date on first letter) so three trips to London, £370 (two visas) and one (hopefully last one) trip up to London to collect it has somewhat taken the gloss off this trip Sad
snow conditions
I'm stoked that I have changed my name to celebrate my 200th post.
No more mr boring real name - please welcome my alter ego HotDogger!
It'll also be my first experience of a BB next year so extra stokie stokingness for that too. Toofy Grin
Woof!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 2-10-18 23:36; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Yes getting Stoked, going for 2weeks over Christmas/New Year with various members of family joining for a belated 50th celebration.

Already kinda regretting booking so early in the season, but with people only needing 3days annual leave couldn’t help but picking those dates.

I have already starting checking daily the weather thread.

also need to stick to my diet better and up my spinning class

So definitely getting stoked
ski holidays
@Weathercam, I think there are flights from Sakhalin to Hokkaido this day - if you have time. Toofy Grin

However would be careful with a one way trip to Siberia - standard trip back in time. Madeye-Smiley

edit: 16 of november - Kamchatka? Shocked
latest report
86tomw,

Great video! Very Happy Very Happy

I think I'm almost reaching the level of that lad, after booking our Colorado road trip for Feb 2019! Very Happy (Details are in a separate thread).

Then there's our Val Thorens trips on 18 November and 6 January... Very Happy

I need to calm down... wink

We've just returned home from a mountain bike trip to the Highlands. And the sad thing is that even driving through a snowless Lecht and Glenshee led to underlying feelings of stokiness. We pulled over in the car to peer up the runs we've skied over the years.

Mind you, the Tiger at Glenshee looks rather steep!
latest report
AL9000 wrote:
Trying not to think about this season otherwise I’ll suffer an overstoke.

You defiantly don't want to experience premature stokulation Shocked
latest report
Stoked is a word for fires. Anyone who uses the word in any.other sense is a baggy trousered, drug taking, non skiing, long haired, piste contesting type who should stick to their skateboards
snow conditions
Looks like Christmas has come early for some.

Bah, humbug eh?

Must dash. Got to pull up my baggy trousers before I wash my long hair and start my drug induced hallucinating, while staring lovingly at my skateboard! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Stop pretending. Real stoked types never wash.
snow report
I have one more week left to work, then 4 or 5 getting my house ready for my cousin to move in.

Skiing should start mid Nov snowHead Laughing Toofy Grin Madeye-Smiley Cool
snow report
Just about to fly over the Alps. I'll give a snow report from 38000 feet. If there's lots of white stuff I might get stoked enough to buy some baggy trousers and grow my hair
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy