Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~?can snowboarders use t-bar lifts?~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poster: A snowHead
Puzzled hey im from dundee scotland, im 12 years old and im goin to go to tignes this winter.I was just wonderin if boarders could use t-bar llifts and if they can how do they do it? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
benji wrote:
Puzzled hey im from dundee scotland, im 12 years old and im goin to go to tignes this winter.I was just wonderin if boarders could use t-bar llifts and if they can how do they do it? Puzzled

hi benji- welcome. please see the link below for info - it's the method that I tend to use.

http://snowboarding.about.com/library/weekly/blfaqanswer16.htm

ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi benji and welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

There's certainly lots of boarders using t-bars, some seem to find it easier than others. cD5's link above looks like good advice. Hope you have a good time in Tignes Laughing snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
benji, Hi benji welcome, cD5 has it right, it is straightforward using a 'T'. The lifty will pass you the bar, some offer it at the right position for you to grab and slide between your legs, others just sorta chuck it at you and just a few will ignore you. Don't panic, there's plenty of time in the slack on the reel for you to grab the pole and slide the bar or button between your legs. Small word of warning, while that link tells you to keep weight on the back foot . . . not too much and don't lean back against the bar and press down hard on the rear foot or the back of the board will try to swing round and you'll catch an edge and eat snow. I wouldn't worry too much as most of the lifts in Tignes are chairs (some a bit rickety) and the majority of tows are just up on the glacier.

Oh, and make sure that your crotch vents on your trews are closed if the bars don't have any plastic insulation, if the metal presses against bare skin it can give you a nasty freeze burn
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
some of the chairs at val are very low. u may need to lay down your back binding on some of them.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Benji - try and avoid sharing your T-Bar with another boarder, or another skier for that matter - especially a grumpy French one.

Have fun. Tignes rocks!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would say keep your weight a bit more on your front (uphill) foot, and when possible (normally in the steeper sections) let the t-bar take as much of your weight as possible (so you are more "sitting" on the bar instead of standing on your feet, though your body position will look like normal standing, if that makes any sense . . .).
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I approached T-bars with much trepidation a few years ago - not having encountered them in any of the resorts I'd been to - however, i found them somewhat easier than buttons - there is more time to get yourself sorted before being 'pulled off' than on a button due to the extendable rope thingy... the T-bar gives you more to cling onto as well, and is a more comfortable position than a button.... Definately wouldn't share a T-bar with anyone - thou I might make an exception for an attractive girl boarder.... with plaits... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
much prefer t bars over buttons.. and i wouldnt share one with another boarder.. a prada clad french superbabe on skis may make the cut tho
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Benji, I am a newby to this site as well!
Tbars are fine once you've done it you'll wonder why you were worried, you'll be sweet. The first time i used one i mentioned to the lifty i had never used one before and he helped me out!
Once you get the hang of it dont be scared to try going on with one of your mates or family (skier or boarder) some of those Tbars can be quite long and boring on your own. let the mate go on the far side, they pop the T behind your front legs for you and then get on their side, soon you'll be helping people get on them!
take care and have fun!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just back from Tignes, dont worry about the drag lifts as I only saw a few running this week and not in desperately exciting places.

Looked like they were opening a few up in preparation for the weekend rush though.

Having said that when I was shown how to use one by a liftie in Austria I found it easier to share with a skier especially on those steep icey ones on the summer glaciers.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Easiest way to get up a t-bar is to share with a good skier who is shorter than you. They can do all the steering.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Personally i hate t-bars, i mean they are designed for skiers, i don't think at any time during the creation stage did they worry about us snowboarders. But as you can see the snowboarding spirit has percervered through it all, and we found a way to use them.

Once when i was in France there was a t bar that look me right off the ground, and yes i did fall, but 2nd time i was ready and off i went up the slope Smile

Yours,
Reiver
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
As a Liftee - and having ben working the T-bar here in Breck alot lately, the answer is: only about 50% of the time Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I haven't seen a T bar outside of Scotland for years. Reiver, they were around long before boards, that's why they didn't think of us !
I'm off to Saas Fee which reputedly has a good number of them, but if they are better than buttons, then I'll be happy.
ski holidays
Bit late to this one I know, but I put the bar behind my back leg, just below my hip rather than between my legs. I find it much easier than trying to thread the damn thing between my legs and you can easily have a second person on the lift with you.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy