Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 4 Vallées 2018/2019

Poster: A snowHead
Snow cannons are go!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Birds eye view!

http://youtube.com/v/2yq-Ja4a4Jk
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good training runs lapping the M25. Can barely keep up with the pup...

http://youtube.com/v/pPu4_6-l8p4
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good vidski.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Confirmed that the piste from Attelas to Ruinettes will be open from Saturday. Sadly they're not opening the Attelas (Blunt) chair lift. They are however opening Chalet Carlsberg.

Funny how they can find staff to open a restaurant, but not a chair lift, especially as the opening of Attelas is listed as possible anytime from the beginning of November.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Taking a mate from work up tomorrow for his first ever go on skis....should be entertaining. If you see a dead, pasty looking lump somewhere between attelas and ruinettes, can you just push him on down the hill? On another note, I presume lift passes are cheaper given the limited opening?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@coddlesangers, Will do - lift passes were 42CHF for the first weekend, now up to 54CHF as opposed to 60CHF for a regular Verbier sector day pass.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@coddlesangers, they’re also now available on Buyclub for 49chf for a Verbier day pass valid through the season. It’s the best deal for the occasional Verbier visitor.

Bit cheeky they raised the price given Ruinettes was already perfectly skiable last w/e and they aren’t opening any new lifts...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm fully loaded with buy club vouchers, i was presuming there was a decent offer given the limited opening but sure them's the breaks. I see a small bit of snow forecast for tonight, should be nice for a pootle.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Enjoying the overnight snow with the goat pup!

Knee test! First outing with the skins. Went for a wander up above Col de Chassoure

It was heavy going in the deep drifted snow up towards the mighty Mont Gelé

Worth it though!

Can’t beat the feeling of powder (and a few sharks!) under the planks...

Knee survived. Legs burned!

http://youtube.com/v/ByWTmPqpZ-A
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Good cover down to Ruinettes. Televerbier have done a fantastic job!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It was really nice yesterday.
There were a few short pitches of hard pack on the last 1/3 of Ruinettes, and to the sides was a bit crispy.
But what an amazing job they have done.
We have driven from PdS ( 70 mins ) 3 of the last 4 weekends to enjoy the nice weather and open slopes.
Chapeau Televerbier.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm hoping to bring my lad out for a short break in March, I did it with his sister a few years ago and stayed at the Hotel Touristes.

I was thinking that this time Le Chable may be a good bet to save the credit card from undue pressure; but is it still fairly dead in the evenings.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Mosha Marc, I'm not so sure that's the case anymore, 6 lively bars/restaurants within 5 minutes of the lift. Also don't forget there are regular bus services down from Verbier. We often get the lift up to Verbier before it shuts at 1930 and then come back down by bus at 10:30 or midnight.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Steve/Bob/Anyone

When do they normally open access from Siviez via the 4 Man/Chassoure/Jumbo/Lac des Vaux?
ski holidays
Possibly this weekend according to their instagram feed - it says decision not yet made

ski holidays
Seems the 4 man with its Tortin piste and Plan de Fou will be open
latest report
And this says it will be open http://www.verbier.ch/fr/ouvertures-saison-2018-2019-fp44248.html
snow conditions
@Steve Sparks, thanks. We got a room at A Larze which looks pretty nice. Cheaper than Hotel Touristes up the hill; good call on the Post bus too by the way snowHead
snow conditions
@Mosha Marc, great, we've had mates stay at A Lârze and they raved about it, it's a super place.
snow conditions
Yesterday (Saturday) was a lovely day weather wise, but rather crowded as a lot of locals came up for their regular First Day of The Season outing.
Snow is excellent in Lac de Vaux, lots of people trying the powder off piste which was about 30cms deep...a whole 5 days worth as it had only been open on weekends prior to this weekend.

Today the weather was pretty grotty really, snowing hard, and windy up top, but rather warm and it was wet sleet/rain by the middle of the M25 so you really didn't want to make a habit of skiing down to Ruinnettes.

Not nearly so many people around, we briefly met up with CJ (aka Chicken John) and had a drink with BobinCH and assorted kids.

Tomorrow we might day-trip to Saas Fee as more rain expected here, and the extra height there should make it snowier.
snow report
Cheers guys. Thinking about a brief trip out on one of the next couple of weekends. Will be staying in Nendaz hence the Siviez question!
ski holidays
Great on Saturday. Tipping it down with wet snow on Sunday. More today and then getting colder and more snow next weekend. Fat skis coming out next weekend!

http://youtube.com/v/V16nJvEmYy0
latest report
Big slab gone under the Mont Fort cables!

snow report
Fatties out for Santa. So much fun!

http://youtube.com/v/2OqlKSgZioY
snow conditions
@BobinCH, is everything in working order again?
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
@BobinCH, is everything in working order again?
yes thanks. So far so good!
snow conditions
@BobinCH, Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This morning 10 Dec '18. Well done BobInCH for getting out and about. We couldn't be bothered! Fizzy and soupe de chalet lunch in the apartment ...

https://i.imgur.com/WaOHFW6.mp4

Around 10-12cm has settled in the last 3 days here at 1500m, more higher up. Sorry about the link, the msgboard isn't rendering video for me.
latest report
LaForet wrote:
This morning 10 Dec '18. Well done BobInCH for getting out and about.

Was on Saturday. Alas had to leave early Sunday but my daughter’s ski club ended up getting stuck at Dahu with all lifts shut until they eventually opened the lift to get them all home! Should be fabulous this week when the sun comes out and I guess they’ll open to the top this weekend...

That’s a lot of snow in town!

snow report
Slow opening yesterday, a lot of digging out to be done. But it was well worth the wait. 20-30 cm fresh on the pistes and a bit more visibility than Sunday.

Today and tomorrow will be sensational.
ski holidays
@Steve Sparks, jealous....
snow conditions
Nasty looking slab avalanche in Mouche. Apparently a couple of guys caught and shaken up but ok.

latest report
I'm thinking about coming out to Verbier for the weekend - there doesn't look like much more snow in the forecast before then - is there likely to be any off piste (without much touring) that hasn't been tracked out by Saturday ?
ski holidays
@JoyZipper, they will probably open the jumbo for the first time this season on Saturday.

Get up early!!!
ski holidays
Steve Sparks wrote:
@JoyZipper, they will probably open the jumbo for the first time this season on Saturday.

Get up early!!!

Possibly Mont Fort too?
ski holidays
@BobinCH, Yes and perhaps Mt Gele, seen reports from Warren that they were running the lift and bombing today.

Sadly we had to leave last night rolling eyes
snow report
Mont Fort sector confirmed opening on Saturday.
latest report
I have booked an off-piste instructor for all day on Saturday so hopefully will be able to find the secret stashes of untracked snow. If anyone wants to join me and share the costs you're more than welcome.
snow conditions
Looks like you’re going to have fun!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrVQ9VABE2-/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=18mcvx0lk61lo

Who’s your guide out of interest?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy