Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 4 Vallées 2018/2019

Poster: A snowHead
Too warm today. Getting colder tonight and hopefully enough fresh to cover everything up...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I cannot tell you what Verbier was like today as we took a short drive to nearby Champex Lac.

A small ski station with just two chairs and two low drags.

Wow! Just wow!

What a fantastic day. There was about 20-30cms of fresh, top to bottom.
There were, at most, 20 skiers and boarders on the mountain.

Fresh tracks ALL day, from arrival at about 10.00 to departure at 4.30

Pistes were superb, fresh corduroy available all over, all day.

Off piste is really special, the descent under the main chair is proper steep, and was proper deep in places.

I did have a hairy 30mins when I took a well marked Itinery that lost all its markets about half way down when it went through a tricky patch of trees. There was really no way to know which way to go as I was the third person there all day...the others went left so I did too. MISTAKE! They had gone wrong...and so did I.
The next 30 mins was spend side slipping through very, very tight trees, overhanging undergrowth, on a very steep hillside.
I knew that I just had to go down, I had seen the way the terrain worked...but progress was slow, stressful and difficult.
Eventually I found the piste and my waiting (and unhappy) wife.

I went to the ticket office and told them about the lost poles and an hour later I saw a patroller with a bundle of yellow poles going down that Itinery and remarking it.
By that time there were about fifteen or so sets of tracks on the way in...but when we got to the bottom there was only one set on the way out...everybody else must have made the same mistake!

Still, a great day and highly recommended on a powder day.
It is like Bruson but steeper, longer and even less crowded (and Bruson is never crowded!)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@rungsp, sounds ace! Vichere s the other one that a few locals talk about as a Bruson alternative. What altitude are you skiing at? Assume it needs cold temps?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
2200 at the top, but very north facing.
There was powder all the way to the bottom today.

I am 100% sure that the same could not be said for the Verbier-Ruinettes sector.

@BobinCH, I know what you like...honestly on a powder day next time think outside the box and give it a go...you will love it for a day.

With your Verbier owner's card thing you get 50% discount on the lift ticket so just 15chf or so for the day.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rungsp wrote:
I cannot tell you what Verbier was like today as we took a short drive to nearby Champex Lac.

A small ski station with just two chairs and two low drags.

Wow! Just wow!

What a fantastic day. There was about 20-30cms of fresh, top to bottom.
There were, at most, 20 skiers and boarders on the mountain.

Fresh tracks ALL day, from arrival at about 10.00 to departure at 4.30

Pistes were superb, fresh corduroy available all over, all day.

Off piste is really special, the descent under the main chair is proper steep, and was proper deep in places.

I did have a hairy 30mins when I took a well marked Itinery that lost all its markets about half way down when it went through a tricky patch of trees. There was really no way to know which way to go as I was the third person there all day...the others went left so I did too. MISTAKE! They had gone wrong...and so did I.
The next 30 mins was spend side slipping through very, very tight trees, overhanging undergrowth, on a very steep hillside.
I knew that I just had to go down, I had seen the way the terrain worked...but progress was slow, stressful and difficult.
Eventually I found the piste and my waiting (and unhappy) wife.

I went to the ticket office and told them about the lost poles and an hour later I saw a patroller with a bundle of yellow poles going down that Itinery and remarking it.
By that time there were about fifteen or so sets of tracks on the way in...but when we got to the bottom there was only one set on the way out...everybody else must have made the same mistake!

Still, a great day and highly recommended on a powder day.
It is like Bruson but steeper, longer and even less crowded (and Bruson is never crowded!)

Good post.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Maybe next season...

Verbier Xtreme confirmed for Saturday 23rd on the Bec. Lifts open 7:30am.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Went for a day trip to Pila today.

Sunny
Cold
Bulletproof
Empty
Fun

It looks like they have really relied on artificial snow there this season, certainly the lower third of the mountain was bare apart from the pistes.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looking good for the Verbier Xtreme!

Last year set a high benchmark...

http://youtube.com/v/rh3IUjcwpo8
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That was a bit spicy

http://youtube.com/v/706CBRUqbcg
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quality routefinding.

Think you're ready for Pen-y-Fan Wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mike Pow wrote:
Quality routefinding.

Think you're ready for Pen-y-Fan Wink

Some grass would be welcome after those sharks Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bec Time!

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
More pics here: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=142640&highlight=

http://youtube.com/v/z5KRDZ2p1Nc
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@BobinCH, in view of the fact that I would run a mile from such stuff, though I love viewing it, what are the conditions like elsewhere in QV?
I will be arriving next weekend
latest report
Conditions are great on North facing slopes like the Tortin itineraries, front of mont Gélé/Mont Fort and lac des Vaux. Freeze thaw on sunny slopes at La Chaux and across at Savoleyres. Cold temps this week should help. A few cm of snow to freshen things up wouldn’t go a miss!
snow report
@BobinCH,
Cheers, sounds fine.
ski holidays
Pistes are perfect. Itineraries getting hilly. Snow incoming this week...

snow report
Thinking of coming out next week. Planning to ski off piste thurs-sun. Does anyone know any companies where you could jump in a group. I’m a competent off piste skier.
latest report
mk28 wrote:
Thinking of coming out next week. Planning to ski off piste thurs-sun. Does anyone know any companies where you could jump in a group. I’m a competent off piste skier.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv10M9xF5Fe/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=18mj34um236gs
snow conditions
Thanks @BobinCH, I will send them a message. Would be a shame to miss that. Looks epic for April
snow conditions
The snow arrived in style last night and it continued snowing for most of the day - we had a fabulous day of powder just skiing between Atlas and Medran, with better visibility forecast for tomorrow. Sadly too busy skiing to take any photos - maybe tomorrow!
snow report
20cm of cold smoke incoming. Météo Suisse just ramped up the forecast for overnight

latest report
@BobinCH Thanks for that.

At the moment, your forecast is the only one saying that though Puzzled

I've tried accessing Meteo Suisse myself to see if they've updated it again overnight, but try as I might, keep getting redirected to their "admin" website.

I'm hoping your Intel still stands true obviously and the other sites are just slow to catch up
ski holidays
Seems I cursed it..... barely a dusting on the car this morning Sad
latest report
It's all you fault @BobinCH!

Not skiing today....Cow Fighting in Le Chable Very Happy
ski holidays
I ended up retracing yesterday's route all the way across to Les Masses and there was a little sprinkling up high there, a bit more coming back through Mont Rouge and it's coming down reasonably steadily in Tortin right now.

About to head up to Col des Gentianes to see absolutely nothing by the looks of things Very Happy

Still a really good day as far as I'm concerned: I'm on the snow, far from England!
snow report
A beautiful blue sky, but rather cold, day.
Higher pistes, and anything oblique to the sun were in lovely condition. Proper winter packed powder pistes.
The sun is strong so anything in the full sun was soft by early afternoon...and I would differentiate soft from slushy.
There was no water transition happening, so not what I call slush.

The skiing down to town is 100% open, though rather slow on the road section which is getting a bit brown.

Everything except Bruson is open.

Fantastic conditions for mid April.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
One from a bit of remaining powder skiers left of Mont Fort yesterday

snow conditions
Good to be back?
latest report
Home sweet home Very Happy
snow report
Warm, sunny (and a bit cloudy).
Not too many people, but more than I expected.

Coverage is 100% all the way to the bottom.

It gets slushy, but it is late April after all.

Lovely.
snow conditions
Where did those clouds come from? Most uncalled for. Hopefully sunny for the rest of the weekend! Early Plan de Fou planned tomorrow with granny and then up to Jumbo when it gets warm!
latest report
Well as you know @BobinCH those clouds stayed away today.

Hot!

We "skied" (read "we survived") the Gentiennes Itinery at about 11.30 today.
Rock-hard refrozen slush moguls....don't do it!
snow report
Well that is the end of a great season for us.

Cloudy day in Savoleyers, all pistes in great condition, even the front side. Snow 100% all the way to La Tzoumaz which is unheard of for the time of year.

Televerbier should be congratulated (again) for doing a fantastic job with regards to piste and snow management.

Until next season...will it be November or December...?
ski holidays
Saturday 3 generations of family fun in the sunshine

Jumps day!

Slush jumping

Looks like another good one today and some fresh coming for the closing weekend snowHead
latest report
I cannot let that third picture go un-commented!

Bobinch...why don't you tell the tale?? Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
@rungsp, just showing the kids who’s the « daddy » Very Happy

10cm of fresh overnight. Hopefully a bit more today to setup a powdery final weekend!
snow conditions
@BobinCH, no spare passes left Bob - 5 to use, 5 of us heading up Sunday for the last blast. Enjoy the weekend!
latest report
Powder tools at the ready...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy