Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 4 Vallées 2018/2019

Poster: A snowHead
@BobinCH, nice, those bikes don't look they'll be going anywhere soon judging by the snow depths!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski wrote:
@BobinCH, nice, those bikes don't look they'll be going anywhere soon judging by the snow depths!

Haha now you’re giving me ideas...

Videos of yesterday here: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=141618&highlight=
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Superb on and off piste.
Blue skies.
Not crowded.

'nuff said
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
2 days later....same applies. Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lovely conditions continue: Attelas and Combe slopes, and the Ruinettes station, photographed from Savoleyres ...

latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@LaForet, stunning image! A hint of the Fontenay piste halfway up on the right, west flanks of Mt Gele and Le Bec des Rosses and I think that's Le Pleureur in the far background.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The snow arrived today earlier than forecast (was supposed to start at 4pm, but it had arrived by about 1pm at the peaks). We nipped to Savoleyres to tick all the runs off on the piste map, as staying low seemed a good idea. Big flakes falling as we left Siviez at 4pm, small flakes at resort level until about half an hour ago.

So, fresh snow for our last day tomorrow! snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@LaForet, great shot.

Star Wars gully and Playground front and centre snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
LaForet wrote:
Lovely conditions continue: Attelas and Combe slopes, and the Ruinettes station, photographed from Savoleyres ...

Love this pic! Verbier is steep non?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think that pic has finally made me realise I have to ski Verbier
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm there again in three weeks. Yip!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Saturday morning couloir club

Start ‘em young

Ride ‘em fast!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@LaForet, We had lunch at Namaste on the day that superb picture was taken - sadly now back home after a fabulous week.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks to all for the positive feedback on my photo' - partly a case of just being in the right place and time for the best light. Plus my new zoom lens. For those of you who want the full panoramic view, here it is:

If you're on a slow link or roaming you might want to wait 'till you've got the bandwidth to download the 18MB.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@LaForet, Hi, I would love a full res copy of this, so I can print and frame, I have skied Verbier every year for the last 14 years and my brother has property in Champex
ski holidays
@thundrer Yes, happy to do that. Actually, the images here seem to have been re-scaled by the Forum software down to about 3MB. You're obviously welcome to just download these versions. The originals are much bigger at 10MB and 17MB respectively. I'll try and mount them on my imgur account and then give you password-protected access. I'll send an email when I've done that, probably later tomorrow.

I'll be keeping copyright - you're free to take you own copy and print etc. but not pass it on or make any money (I'm sure you wouldn't, but just for the record).
latest report
LaForet wrote:

That’s another beauty! Do you do action shots? Come and shoot us in some of those couloirs up close Very Happy
latest report
Hi - here are the links to download the full-size JPG originals from my Adobe Web Share page:

https://adobe.ly/2SFfehd 17.4MB - Panorama View (above)

https://adobe.ly/2N3HPru 16.2MB - Portrait View (above, previous)

You're all welcome to download for personal use but please remember that I retain copyright and the images aren't for re-posting or commercial printing. The meta-data embedded in the image includes copyright data.

Any problems, let me know. Bear in mind a lot of image-handling software re-scales images without telling you, so always check the size of the file before you get it printed. For example, imgur scales the images down to 20% or less of their orginal size when rendered on this Forum, so just saving the snowheads image will give you a much smaller file.jpg, which may not print very well: The Adobe Gallery should let you download the full-size version.

@BobInCH Action shots are always a challenge: I'm not a professional photographer and getting good action images is surprisingly difficult, even with good equipment. Capturing the 'flavour' of skiing is very elusive and to date I've never managed to get satisfactory results. In some ways, you're more likely to get 'good' individual photos' from a very artificial location that may not even be off-piste. Now I'm retiring, it'd be interesting to give it a go, but my feeling is that it'd take a few trial sessions before the images I took came close to being more animated.

ADDENDUM: No, that hasn't worked either. Download via the link and you still end up with a smaller version. I'll contact you via Snowheads and we'll use old-fashioned email attachment ....
ski holidays
OMG what a day!
The forecast was for about 30cm, but with whatever the wind was doing Bruson had more like 50cm in most places, and it was super light, real Japanese blower powder.

Fresh tracks in the Itinery, so re-did that. Fresh in the trees, what a special day.

This was probably the best powder day I have ever had in Verbier.

Later in the day I went to "main" Verbier where it was certainly very nice indeed...but not quite as nice.
snow report
It was good! Few rocks around...

snow report
Baby Bec was fun...

2nd track a week after the last snow. Half term woz ‘ere
snow report
Out on Friday , can’t wait
latest report
@BobinCH, @Steve Sparks, and all other verbier stalwarts , I've got 2.5 days skiing with my son who boards , Friday afternoon and all day sat / sun this week . with the sunny warm weather and lack of fresh snow , and the fact everything will have been skied out by the half term masses , what's the best spots to search out for some fun hits for the lad and good piste cruising for me , will be out from first to last lifts , so hopefully some good spring snow to be found later in the day ..........???
cheers for any pointers
snow report
@Dabber, Lac de Vaux and La Chaux for features/jumps/snow park with the park rats. Can’t beat Jumbo and Plan de Fou for long satisfying red runs. Top half of La Tzoumaz pistes may also be good. Mont Fort and Mont Gele (front face) for chalky north facing. Main itineraries will be mogul fields but Vallon d’arbi might be worth a look (the path at the end isn’t too bad for boarders). Rosablanche for corn if you have touring gear. Backside Mont Fort (especially Mont Fort glacier) will still have some good snow at the top and south faces will be transforming on way down. Bec des Etagnes if you don’t mind a 45 min hike and a steep entry couloir! Bruson pistes probably quiet? Hope that gives you some ideas...
snow report
@BobinCH, cheers for that , “hike” is not in mikes vocabulary!! But will check out vallon d’arby , what will the itinerary over Bruson be like for a mini adventure on Friday afternoon??
snow conditions
@Dabber, Savolyeres has been quiet this week and there's some great piste side features for the lad to play on. Itinerary from Bruson to Le Chable doesn't get much sun, but will be fairly firm in places.
snow report
Does anyone know if you actually save money booking lift passes online? The webpage says so, but I haven't seen that before.

Thanks

Marc
snow conditions
@Mosha Marc, yes, 10% but you've got to book more than 10 days in advance and I think there may be a minimum number of days that you have to sign up for.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Steve Sparks, thanks. Sorted it.

20Chuff for postage seems a bit steep; I said I'd pick them up.

Cheers

Marc
latest report
@Mosha Marc, I saved 10% on a half day and a two day pass , so no minimum , they posted FOC ?? they arrived 4 days later and are loaded and ready to go , had to pay for new cards though as my old ones couldn't be reloaded
snow report
@Steve Sparks, thanks for that , we don't get there till one on Friday so think well check out savolyeres then
ski holidays
@Dabber, maybe because I go in about 12 days they had to express them? If it was FoC I'd have had them posted.
ski holidays
@Dabber,
Quote:

we don't get there till one on Friday so think well check out savolyeres then

Just a hint - as the Plannards-Carrefour path back from Savolyeres to Verbier is shut at the moment (massive avalanche risk), take the new piste that drops down to Les Esserts just before the point where the gate is closed on the path. When you get to the road at the bottom, cross over and head to the bus stop about 20M up the road and a bus will be along in 5-10 minutes to whisk you up to Carrefour, where you can ski down to Medran. Saves mucking about with the Rouge drag or a boring bus ride all the way through town.
snow report
@Steve Sparks, good thinking , cheers Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Steve Sparks wrote:
a bus will be along in 5-10 minutes to whisk you up to Carrefour, where you can ski down to Medran

Why wouldn't you hop on the Mayenyzet chair (just along from Carrefour) to take you up to Atellas? Surely that'd be much quicker than skiing all the way down to a possibly very busy Médran?

Unless you're returning home to central Verbier, I suppose?
latest report
@LaForet, think that’s the plan for end of day wink
snow report
@Mosha Marc, where do you stay when you go Marc? I've got flights into GVA booked at the end of March and Verbier is on the short list to aim for, unless somewhere else is forecasting a major dump!!
latest report
Hiking for powder turns last w/e. Time to “Shift” this w/e and then looks like back to Powder the w/e after...

Perfect temps for playing with the drone. Need the practice!

http://youtube.com/v/nzKDwNNgiAU
snow report
@kitenski, before now I've stayed at the Hotel Les Touristes as it's the cheapest I can find in resort. You get what you pay for, but it does the job.

It was booked up this time, so I'm off to the Hotel A Larze in Le Chable. About the same price, but it looks way nicer.

There are also Airbnb in resort which look ok.
ski holidays
@Mosha Marc, cheers, let me know what the A Larze is like then please Smile Do you hire a guide at all when you are out?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy