Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 4 Vallées 2018/2019

Poster: A snowHead
BobinCH wrote:
Looks like you’re going to have fun!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrVQ9VABE2-/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=18mcvx0lk61lo

Who’s your guide out of interest?

It’s a chap called Quentin Oyon.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pretty much everything open from tomorrow http://www.verbier.ch/fr/on-skie-du-mont-gele-3023m-jusqu-en-station-1532m-fp44513.html - have fun out there!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wonderful yesterday. Miserable today!

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Correct. I caught the first lift up to Attelas this morning and there was plenty powder but not a lot of visability and very flat light. Then lapped the red from Fontanet to La Chaux where there was at least as much fresh snow and the visability was much better.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mont Gelé was the pick on Saturday morning. Love that mountain!

http://youtube.com/v/1XvzIi5kr60

@Joy Zipper, where did your guide take you?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
BobinCH wrote:

I love your updates Bob! ❤️
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks! A few more here: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=140340&highlight=

Off to Scotland for Xmas so that’s me done until the 28th Dec.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BobinCH wrote:

First lift up to Mont Gele, round the back down to Tortin and then onto Siviez. Up to Combatseline and messed about there for a bit. Back up and over to La Chaux for lunch at Le Dahu and then up to Mont Fort and down the front side. We were going to go all the way down to Tortin but my legs were shot by then so we skied back down to Verbier.

None of it skied quite as elegantly as yourself I have to say !
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@JoyZipper, sounds like a good workout! Hope you got some nice powder turns!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hmmm, well Friday’s precipitation will have helped to consolidate the snow pack. Was on the first lift into Chassoure yesterday. The first 150m was wind slab and then it had rained on everything else.

Tomorrow’s anticipated snowfall should freshen things up nicely. In the meantime pistes are great, if a little firm in places.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fabulous conditions following the Christmas Eve precipitation. Above 2,500 off piste holding up nicely with good, chalky snow.

Pistes in great nick and snow being made overnight to stop the lower runs getting too shiny.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
10 mins hiking for 1000m of untracked powder. Not too shabby!

http://youtube.com/v/qGyP4or2nuo
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Still lots of fun to be had on the pistes above 2000m. And the Xmas turkey largesse comes in handy for racing the pups!

http://youtube.com/v/jmYV4OY3f-c

And Mont Gelé front side still fab for fast chalky turns in the afternoon sunshine

http://youtube.com/v/gjsZag5KXQA
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
NYE in Verbier!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsGulubId-Z/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1m4rd0t1lr3gb
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Worth a punt tomorrow? Got a free day before heading to Chandolin for the weekend. I guess it’s much of a muchness in the Valais right now.
snow conditions
@BobinCH, that is very funny....we met Ben (the person posting that) in Relais at Aprez time and he said he was avoiding the chaos of Place Cental at all costs....funny what a few beers can do!

@Sharkymark, it is getting very polished in places, queues are OK in general.
snow report
@rungsp, I concur! Patches of decent chalky stuff amongst the bullet proof moguls off of Mt Gelé. Pistes were in surprisingly good nick I thought. Less busy than Le Chable car park would suggest too.
snow conditions
Pistes in good nick Cool

http://youtube.com/v/7x7EI-CaRZg
latest report
Just back after a very nice 3 day trip to the 4-Vallées. In my 11 years of visiting the region at least 2 or 3 times a years, I must say that the snow cover is as poor as I can remember it. Certainly on the Nendaz side I don’t recall, for example, Pan du Fou being so bare/exposed and the forest run back to Nendaz is entirely bare and closed (although to be fair I probably have only been at this time of the year 3 or 4 times). On the other hand the pistes are in reasonable condition and the investment in snow-making is allowing them to keep things going. Next week’s snow is vitally needed but they still need quite a bit more to get it back to any semblance of good.

Not on the weather topic, an interesting fact I learned is that unlike Televerbeir, the local lift operator, TeleNendaz, does not own any of the land in the area and therefore they are having to deal with lots of families who for generations have had small mountain freeholding if they want to update/improve the infrastructure. Is this what’s stopping the rest of the 4-Vallées (excluding Verbier) updating their old and slow lift network?
ski holidays
What a difference a day makes!

A couple of cms of fresh, and a fantastic job by Televerbier.

Pistes were lovely...all that horrible polished stuff is gone.

And the crowds? What crowds?
Where did everybody go...it was quiet!

Loved it!
ski holidays
Still skiing corduroy in the afternoon sunshine!

http://youtube.com/v/JC0Q0yWuYV4

Snow in the forecast. Woot woot!
snow report
You are naughty @BobinCH, that was roped off and mid-prep for the Army Super G race which was today Very Happy

I am sure they didn't mind!

Today the vis was in and out with some snow falling.
Hardly anybody skiing...we had a great day.

As a PSA:
During the quiet times of the season the restaurant Cuckoo's Nest has a couple of special deals
Tuesdays only one guest is charged if two are eating (both pay for drinks).
Wednesdays kids eat for free
Thursdays any seasonnaire or resort worker gets half price.

It is the very fancy restaurant on top of the Olymique self-service.

The net effect of the half price is that it is cheaper to eat there than any other place in Verbier...fantastic food, lovely ambiance and very cheap net-net.
ski holidays
30cms or so of fresh...Bruson...'nuff said Very Happy
snow conditions
1556garyt wrote:
Just back after a very nice 3 day trip to the 4-Vallées. In my 11 years of visiting the region at least 2 or 3 times a years, I must say that the snow cover is as poor as I can remember it. Certainly on the Nendaz side I don’t recall, for example, Pan du Fou being so bare/exposed and the forest run back to Nendaz is entirely bare and closed (although to be fair I probably have only been at this time of the year 3 or 4 times). On the other hand the pistes are in reasonable condition and the investment in snow-making is allowing them to keep things going. Next week’s snow is vitally needed but they still need quite a bit more to get it back to any semblance of good.

Not on the weather topic, an interesting fact I learned is that unlike Televerbeir, the local lift operator, TeleNendaz, does not own any of the land in the area and therefore they are having to deal with lots of families who for generations have had small mountain freeholding if they want to update/improve the infrastructure. Is this what’s stopping the rest of the 4-Vallées (excluding Verbier) updating their old and slow lift network?

Had a chat with one of the lifties on Plan Du Fou cable car before christmas.
Apparentley there is definiteley a new gondola going in from bottom of fontaines to PDF this summer!
Just sort out Praiaron slow chair and job done!!
snow conditions
martinperry wrote:

Had a chat with one of the lifties on Plan Du Fou cable car before christmas.
Apparentley there is definiteley a new gondola going in from bottom of fontaines to PDF this summer!
Just sort out Praiaron slow chair and job done!!

Yes - this was planned a couple of years ago and will make a huge difference... although didn’t they think of joining this up with the Prarion lift and replacing/improving the rediculously slow chair to the top of Tracouet?

Still, fair dues to TeleNendaz; the resort has come a very long way in terms of artificial snow making and there are now only a few remaining bottlenecks to properly join up the 4 Vallées. Hopefully they will sort out Greppon Blanc next?
snow report
Superb day today.
30cms of fresh on average.
Strangely the deepest, lightest best powder was on the lower areas below Ruinnettes.

A big dump expected Sunday/Monday....but we are going home tomorrow...curses!
snow report
Stunning day in the mountains with a blanket of cloud in the valley but Bluebird
above.

Had some fun with the drone in Vallon d’Arbi

http://youtube.com/v/2rulFo9RQdQ

Still a few freshies about

http://youtube.com/v/l7espywYbVo

Big dump coming tonight. Bruson day tomorrow...
snow report
If you see a lad on 4frnts with Beast tech bindings, say hi from his Dad. He's out there for the season. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is he instructing? Should enjoy himself after this next dump! A nice one from the missus!

ski holidays
30cm on the cars and going strong!

snow report
Driving home today and work tomorrow @BobinCH?

I hope not!
ski holidays
Alas yes but have taken Tuesday off hoping it’s stable enough for a powder day. Some classic Bruson forest runs this morning!

http://youtube.com/v/g9DucZYQ0wA
ski holidays
That looks good - we've had enough FOMO and are upping sticks for a few days, maybe longer.

Though people we're going to see are not that good in deep powder rolling eyes
snow report
Weathercam wrote:
That looks good - we've had enough FOMO and are upping sticks for a few days, maybe longer.

Though people we're going to see are not that good in deep powder rolling eyes

Where r u going? You’ll need trees tomorrow but Tuesday could be special if it’s stable enough. Verbier is great as it has lots of options for all weather and they secure and open much faster than some other places.
latest report
@BobinCH, only discovered bruson area last year , the itenary was fun , are the tree runs easy to navigate?? And to exit if with my son on his board ??
snow conditions
@Dabber, pretty straightforward. Best trees on the skier's right. A lot of the pitches end with a drop onto the forest road, which could be interesting on a board.
snow report
@Dabber, as per @Steve Sparks pretty much everything to the left as you go up the chairlift drops you onto the forest paths. Lots of snowboarders in Bruson yesterday. The best pitch of all is in the steep forest, for which you need to traverse the bowl straight ahead as you come off the top of the grand tsai t-bar. You need to traverse high for the best bit so that’s no good on a board.
ski holidays
@Steve Sparks, cheers

@BobinCH, spot on , think a t bar followed by high traverse would not please the youngest Madeye-Smiley but he does like to drop on to roads and paths in random places like all good young un's
snow conditions
Sadly a 20 year old Swedish girl died in an avalanche on Mont Gond this afternoon Le Nouvelliste has reported
ski holidays
@taffvalais,
Quote:
Mont Gond
not exactly back country, all sorts of reports of some crazy lines being chased yesterday.

Even if people don't care about their own wellbeing, I wish they'd give a thought for the patrollers and rescue crews who have to put their lives at risk to find them or recover their bodies.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy