Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Replacement for Salomon Streetracers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Suggestions please- I'm looking to replace my Salomon Streetracers that have been well loved and used. I appreciate that it was never considered a great ski but I do love the twitchiness, turn radius and kick out of the turn when driven hard.

I'd appreciate some advice on a similar replacement. Top of the list at the moment are Head's ISupershape Magnums.

Ability wise, I've skied since the age of 4 (now 42) and consider myself a good skier. Suggestions gratefully received....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Grachen, magnums are a great ski, or if you want something a touch wider underfoot then the titan.... there must be a ski test coming up soon that you can give them a go if you have not tried them

PS both are a massive leap forward from the streetracer
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Grachen wrote:
Suggestions please- I'm looking to replace my Salomon Streetracers that have been well loved and used. I appreciate that it was never considered a great ski but I do love the twitchiness, turn radius and kick out of the turn when driven hard.

I'd appreciate some advice on a similar replacement. Top of the list at the moment are Head's ISupershape Magnums.

Ability wise, I've skied since the age of 4 (now 42) and consider myself a good skier. Suggestions gratefully received....

Loved my Streetracers.

First ski I took to Hokkaido. Was the butt of all jokes until my colleagues saw me ski them in powder.

Won't go wrong with the Magnums.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Grachen, ....Streetracers are sh”t skis. Crappy core, cheapskate build. I picked up a pair for 22.00gbp on eBay in 2007. They were ex rental and completely shot, but good camber. I used three hundred sticks of ptex to repair the scratched bases, reset the edges, threw the bindings away and put some 510s on which were laying around. These skis were then used as rock skis, just abused and abused. They sucked it all up. They were reversed over in the car park, dropped off a lift station staircase, and trashed on spring mud. They shrugged and said ‘keep it coming, boy’. These did more km than any skis I have had. Put on edge they took off. In bumps their low swing weight meant easy turning. The fact I cared not a jot about them meant that I could take routes I would worry about on some new planks. They are now delaminating at one tail, the edges are razor thin, and the top sheet graphics are invisible amongst the scratches and gouges. I forced them on my daughter last season who said ‘I’m NOT having those’ but I stuck a couple of nice stickers on them and said give them a go. She loves them.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy