Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SCGB price hike

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@GeorgeVII, I posted up a little summary in the new conversation "Insurance Help" where there is some complementary information to this thread.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've just ditched SCGB insurance and changed to MPI. Apart from anything else, the maximum number of days was becoming an issue.

MPI are unlimited in this respect and £35 cheaper for their basic cover.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@andy1234, Thanks for that.

@bar shaker, I'm also looking at MPI. TBH the cost of insurance is a drop in the ocean compared to what this season's going to cost me Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cost of Platinum insurance is apparently going up by about a tenner this year which is fine by me as the package suits my needs.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
GeorgeVII wrote:
@andy1234, Thanks for that.

@bar shaker, I'm also looking at MPI. TBH the cost of insurance is a drop in the ocean compared to what this season's going to cost me Shocked

You and me both.

That said, there is economy in bulk buying. My 37 days skiing has come in at a fraction over £3k. That's flights, car hire, parking at airport and resort, season pass and insurance. I can't think of anything else I would want to do at £83 a day, plus beer tokens snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
After using the SCGB insurance for the last few years, I gave up on them year after trying to renew. After answering honestly that I had previous had one of the listed conditions (something I was cured of 35 years ago), they then insisted that they needed to know the values of tests from 36 years ago. If it had been current or last year I could understand. Last year they asked medical questions for the first time, and then agreed to exclude that condition, but this year that wasn't possible.

I've checked a few other companies since and they all appear to have a 3-5 years cut off for previous resolved medical conditions.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It seems to me that what the Ski Club are now selling is an insurance package with included club membership rather than the other way round! Very odd.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
FFIRMIN wrote:
It seems to me that what the Ski Club are now selling is an insurance package with included club membership rather than the other way round! Very odd.

Doesn't really seem that way to me, after all the insurance is optional. I think the German and Dutch national skiing club's bundle insurance with their membership subs si the Ski Club are not exactly unique in making this offer.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PowderAdict wrote:
After using the SCGB insurance for the last few years, I gave up on them year after trying to renew. After answering honestly that I had previous had one of the listed conditions (something I was cured of 35 years ago), they then insisted that they needed to know the values of tests from 36 years ago. If it had been current or last year I could understand. Last year they asked medical questions for the first time, and then agreed to exclude that condition, but this year that wasn't possible.

I've checked a few other companies since and they all appear to have a 3-5 years cut off for previous resolved medical conditions.

@PowderAdict SCGB Insurance asking you for medical test values from 36 years ago is ridiculous! rolling eyes
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy