Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FOR SALE* 9 Nights at FAIRMONT CHATEAU Whistler Resort Feb 5th - 14th NOW SOLD!

Poster: A snowHead
Hey All,

My wife and I were snowboarding (dont hold that against us - we like skiers too Happy last year in Whistler and one day while we were waiting for fresh snow to arrive we decided to go to one of the Time Shares sales pitches cause we got lots of free goodies out of it. Anyway we didnt buy a timeshare but they didnt offer us to come back to Whistler next year (2019) and stay at the amazing Fairmont for a really good deal. It worked out to be £1871 for 9 Nights which works out as about £208 per night. AND it was for 2 rooms!!!! So we looked at when the Direct British Airways flights were available, booked our dates to avoid school holiday and Presidents weekend (Feb 5th - 14th) and paid the man!

We had planned on bringing our Parents as a nice surprise but we have just found out one of them has eye surgery and they cannot fly until March. We cant get holiday in March soooooooo we seem to have found ourselves with an empty room at the Fairmount in Whistler in the best time for skiing. We thought about just leaving the room open and if any of our friends decided to come last minute they could buy it from us BUT our friends are terrible at organizing themselves and despite several invitations have so far managed to have ZERO! ski holidays with us.

This is where you come in, if you would like the room and are willing to split the cost of what we paid it can be all yours. If you dont like snowboarders its okay, the room is yours and you dont even have to speak to us, but if you do like to be social and make new friends we are pretty friendly people, with a good sense of humor, and have a good level of ski skills, we can hang out. So it would be £935 for you for 9 Nights at Fairmont. https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g154948-d155554-Reviews-Fairmont_Chateau_Whistler_Resort-Whistler_British_Columbia.html

Thats £103 for the room per night which is a really good deal thus why we bought it. It normally sells for around £350 a night during this time of year. If you cant make it for 9 nights then you can come for as long or as little as you like. So there it is.....a nice offer for someone or a couple who want to go to Whistler, stay at a nice place right on the snow, and hopefully make some new ski friends Smile let us know if you are keen or if you have any questions. Thanks W & V

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 8-10-18 9:19; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Probably not for me but that's a killer price if the dates work for anyone.
latest report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Mr Zee,
Do you have any info on the room/bed set-up please?
Looking on their website it looks like the lowest 'spec' room has 2 queen beds anyway.
Could be interested for my son & I.
Regards
Steve
latest report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hey Steve,

I have just emailed the company to ask what bedding options are available. Ill message you back as soon as I have heard.
ski holidays     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nothing back from the company this morning so if I haven't heard by this evening I will give them a call in Canada.
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hey Steve,

I just rang the company and they said the rooms can either have twin queen or 1 king beds. The hotel can be called and specific beds can be requested now as I have the reservation numbers. I Hope that helps
snow report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi W&V,
Sounds amazing! Is the room still available or has it been snapped up?
Cheers
Renee
snow report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hey there Renee,

Yes, Its still available. I had about 8 Private messages when I first posted and I thought it would get snapped up super fast on here but no one has committed to it yet. If we have no luck by the end of this weekend we are thinking of putting it on ebay to a larger audience. Have you skied Whistler before?
snow conditions     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi, I can't believe it's still available. No, we've not been to Whistler. I'll pm you. Cheers, Renee
latest report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Me too! Last year our accommodation alone in Whistler for a week was close to £2000. I wish someone had an offer like this
snow conditions     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bug, dates don't work. What timeshare did you go to?
ski holidays     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hey Washout, is it bad that I dont even remember now? We travel quite a bit so we are always attending these type of things to get some extra goodies, errr I mean consider purchasing a time share wink
snow report     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
OMG this is such an obvious scam. All the classic hallmarks are there including too much information (eye surgery, etc.), inability to answer simple questions (don't remember what timeshare!), poor grammer and inconsistencies (they are snowboarders but have "good level of ski skills").
Suggest someone takes this down before they ask for the cash to be transferred

If it is too good to be true, it usually is....
ski holidays     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
And this is the first and only post from this user.

@Dave of the Marmottes, @SteveCook0, @reneesb, @WASHOUT, Avoid!!!!
latest report     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@zikomo, There are fairly easy steps someone can take to ensure they aren't scammed like ensuring the booking is transferred into their name prior to payment then asking the hotel to confirm directly and in writing that they now have a prepaid booking in the new name. No reasonable seller would object to these.
snow report     
Hi zikomo, this is not a scam. I appreciate you picking apart the details of my email but im sure if i would have given less information you would have cited that as the obvious scam. My grammar or lack of it has nothing to do with the accommodation. Im glad you are not auditing my work emails or most of them would all be scams too.

If knowing the name of the time share is so important to YOU (i didnt understand the above message was of vital importance. I thought it was asked for something they might look at getting if they were in Whistler themselves) why dont you just say that its really important, and ask me to dig through all my receipts from last year and find it? Thats what i did after your email, but obviously if i tell you the name of the company now you will call it a scam anyway and say im making it up.

Your comments about me using the word ski as proof of a scam is a bit of a long stretch. We go heli-"sking" not heli-snowboarding, we stay in "ski" hotels not snowboard hotels. We use the word ski in our vocab and until now it hasnt been questioned.

I dont want anyone to transfer any money. I havent asked for that and im not going too. I have already paid for it and im going to be in Whistler (as mentioned) - they can just give it to me there.

I get it, you dont like snowboarders, or you work for a company who sells holidays to Whistler, or you have been ripped off in the past, or someone stole your avocado sandwich from the fridge today and your annoyed but at least have the decency to treat people the way you want to be treated. if you have a question, ask...

I realize my response has given you far too much detail so my reply is probably a scam too. Very Happy
snow report     
Dave, correct. All he needs to do is ask.
snow conditions     
Hi all, I have also posted this on ebay if you are interested.

Thanks W & V.
ski holidays     
I have updated pics on ebay with the name of the Time share company: Embark, and it shows the receipt of payment from last year, the date, time, and amount already paid to Diamond Resorts Canada. Probably including too much information now right @zikomo?? wink
ski holidays     
Only reason asking for timeshare as I am in whistler late November and wouldn't mind trying to bag cheap digs for later on season.
latest report     
Hey washout, I found the sales agents on the mountain. They had a small booth by the downstairs toilets at one of the restaurant areas. They have lots of offers to get you in the door. We opted for restaurant vouchers - think it might have been $50 CAD but there are other offers to pick from.
snow report     
NOW SOLD - thanks everyone
snow conditions     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy