Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Gets/Morzine 2018/2019

Poster: A snowHead
Snow was forecast down in Dole where we stayed last night and none fell which is better for us for the drive and to head up the mountain. Satnav showing the French A40 a bit slow heading towards Geneva but supposedly clear-ish after that. Sure the roads into morzine will be slow going though
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
All the roads are fine now, everything working normally. A light snowfall overnight, conditions are great!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Left Chatel Sat AM after a week where it snowed everyday bar one, never seen so much snow in the village, on Friday we most have had 30cms. Anyone there this week will have a great time.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Lee Shaw, skied Chatel today and and completely mogled by lunchtime. Monday should be better as it’s stopped snowing and grooming takes shape. There is an incredible amount of snow in the village.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think today will go down as the day of the season. It's absolutely stunning, perfect powder, blue skies and -11 at 08h30!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We are skiing La Chapelle / Torgon today and amazing conditions. Very quiet.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
MeMyselfandI wrote:
I think today will go down as the day of the season. It's absolutely stunning, perfect powder, blue skies and -11 at 08h30!

It sure was good today, but I’ve had better days this season. The snow was wind affected above 1800m apart from in a few sheltered spots, and tracked out below where everyone had clearly been yesterday.

Don’t get me wrong though, still very good. From avalanche report last five days at 1800m till Sunday; 25cm, 20cm, 25cm, 50cm, 15cm. Personally you can now bring on some sunshine and even some warmth. January delivered.....
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fantastic conditions in Morgins yesterday.
Even nice conditions under the corbeau.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We have had a load of snow, although I can't talk about the last three days as I am across the pond visiting family - where there is also lots of fresh in Utah, albeit high winds, lift closures and poor visibility.

Here's a pic from last week. The buried thing on the left of our drive is a rental Mini...

20190131_095016 by baconrashers, on Flickr

And check out the wind build-up of snow in front of the house. Avalanche level went to 5 last week...plenty of wind-blown piles of stuff all over the place...

20190131_095027 by baconrashers, on Flickr

Been following these around a lot:

20190131_102736 by baconrashers, on Flickr
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tuesday for day of the season? Cold high pressure after a good dumping Sunday/Monday!
Arriving Sunday, little bit excited.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Its tipping it down with big fat flakes just now. I'll take tomorrow morning's powder day before thinking about next week and the arrival of the French hordes
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@scottishandy, sorry, day of the season was last week. Temps too warm this weekend. Still, it's going to be nice though...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Last Monday was epic! Amazing snow, not warm, blue skies and no crowds.

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Ozboy, La Chapelle - don't you just love it!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@DJL, it was my first excursion go that corner of the PDS and we loved it. The red run back to Torgon base station, alongside the long ‘tire-fesses’, was my favourite.
latest report
@DJL, we loved La Chapelle, we had a week staying there last season when we still had our place in Les Gets, so were able to use our PDS passes and spend more time in that area rsther than a quick dash amd always watching the clock to get back.
snow conditions
@Ozboy, keep it quiet but often the best place when the main areas are busy if the snow is decent. Lynx red run down to the chair is also a good one as is the boarder cross (to bring out the big kid in you) Also worth a try at Cret Beni

@Pamski, that is luxury, taking a week's holiday in the next valley when you "live" in Les Gets! Some good dining in La Chapelle though.
ski holidays
@DJL, we did indeed enjoy some good meals in La Chapelle. We used to let a bit and tried to go somewhere else. I think our other away week last year was staying in La Giettaz and we used our reciprocal days around that area. Happy days!
snow report
@DJL, Do not mention Cret Beni!!
ski holidays
@Lee Shaw, Embarassed
snow conditions
Does anyone have any experience of using the free days in Verbier that you get with a season pass? We'd like to go for a few days next week using the Le Chable lift. Thanks in advance
snow report
@alj, if they work like the Chamonix ones, you just take them and the season pass to the lift office - we used Le Chable last couple of seasons. But they presumably came with instructions Puzzled
snow conditions
alj wrote:
Does anyone have any experience of using the free days in Verbier that you get with a season pass? We'd like to go for a few days next week using the Le Chable lift. Thanks in advance

You take the vouchers to the lift pass office with your PdS season pass. It's straightforward and I've done it in Le Chable.
snow conditions
@alj, Take your PdS pass too, as they sometimes cross reference the number written on the Verb Voucher with your PdS pass.
I have been 3 times this ( pre ) season, twice they checked, once they did not.
snow conditions
@alj, just make sure your PDS pass is then tucked away well away from the one you are going to use that day as the machines get confused otherwise.
snow conditions
@alj, just make sure your PDS pass is then tucked away well away from the one you are going to use that day as the machines get confused otherwise.
ski holidays
@WindOfChange, @Pamski, @snoozeboy, thanks for the advice. We've used the discovery days in other resorts but somehow 5 free days in Verbier without a catch seemed too good to be true! We're risking it and going to stay in Martigny (cheapo hotel) for a couple of days before going on to Italy and will ski from Le Chable so thanks for the specifics on that too.
snow conditions
@under a new name, sorry and you too Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hey guys, any recommendations for good off piste guiding companies? I'm headed out there for a week from march 3rd
latest report
Pamski wrote:

Thanks Mum Wink
snow report
@alj, wink, oh and I know I was a little facetious about instructions but our Chamonix ones have been known to have some pretty tortuous small prints (e.g. one year they said you had to have your season pass credit card receipt as well as the season pass to initiate Courmayeur, not that anyone ever was asked for it, but would have been boring to discover it was needed after a tunnel trip).
snow conditions
@zzz, well it has happened to us on occasion!
snow report
So the weather is stunning, and the pistes are in absolutely fantastic condition pretty much everywhere. The off-piste is tracked out. You have to hike a bit to find untracked now, which is good fun, if rather heavy going - this stuff was quite sticky today...but the views were glorious!

2019-02-13_07-31-37 by baconrashers, on Flickr

20190213_135743 by baconrashers, on Flickr
snow report
@HarryFlashman - love that run when it's in condition. And they thoughtfully moved the bus stop next to the bar a couple of seasons back Little Angel
snow conditions
That bar restaurant do an amazing Tartiflette, too...just the way to reward oneself after the run!

Spring conditions now - it was 7 degrees at the bottom of Ardent, and I was in shell jacket and T-shirt and inner gloves with no neckwarmer over in Chatel today.

Lovely piste skiing, but lots of children/beginners around so speeds are lower. Glorious sunshine. Off-piste is either skiied out or gluey. We still managed to have fun in the Donley's Knob over in Chatel, though (this was a friend skiing in this video, not me. I'm too risk averse to do this without an airbag around, these days, and frankly, I am not this good!)

VID-20190214-WA0004 by baconrashers, on Flickr
ski holidays
So warm today I took the chance to get out on my bike. Just lovely.
snow conditions
Nice vid!!
snow report
I think that next week's crowds may preclude Ollie from many more double backflips. Hope so - such antics remind me that I will never be that good/fearless.

Another bluebird day on lovely pistes today, people. The half term crowds arrive tomorrow - welcome you lot, hope you have a great week!
latest report
I was considering booking a last minute break to Morzine for Sunday 24th Feb. However, looking at the weather forecast for that week it shows temperatures as high as 17c! What's the chances of getting any good riding in with temperatures running that high?
snow report
This weekend, the temps were high in the afternoon.
We rode PLJ, PD, Lindarets & Avoriaz on Saturday, & PLJ, Lindarets, Les Crosets, Champery on Sunday.
It was a bit crispy early doors, but the afternoons were beautiful spring like conditions.
Great for riding, though I did overhear some skiers bitching saying they were going to higher to find "better" conditions.
Not sure what they were hoping to find, and when its warm, aspect is more important than a few meters of altitude. - still I hope they found what they were looking for ( though I suspect not, unless they hiked up the Vorlaz).
Personally I love riding these conditions, I'll take sunshine and slop over cloud, and blizzard every day.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy