Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Gets/Morzine 2018/2019

Poster: A snowHead
fergs wrote:
DanishRider wrote:
Quick question - How do i get from super Morzine to the other side of Morzine? Bus?

If you mean from Super Morzine to the Pleney lift, there is, as Alan says, a little white train that runs between the two, every 6 min or so. Its also just a 5 min walk, go to the bottom of the street super morzine is on turn left, go about 100m then turn right (you should be able to see the gondola for reference anyway).

To walk it (with cake):
1. Straight ahead off the S-M, past Intersport on your left to the roundabout with the petrol station opposite and the bank (with cash machine) on your left.
2. Turn left here and cross the road, passing the stop for the free bus to the Prodains gondols and popping in to the really rather nice patisserie.
3. Take the first on the right (with big Office du Tourisme sign), then up the couple of stops in to the main square with its outdoor ice rink.
4. Cut a diagonal across this, going to the right of the ice rink and head for the big, long strip of white on the hill infront of you.

To walk it (with nice beer and really nice, hot scotch eggs):
1. Straight ahead off the S-M, past Intersport on your left to the roundabout with the petrol station opposite and the bank (with cash machine) on your left.
2. Straight across the roundabout and follow the road ahead up to the 'main' road.
3. Turn left at the Bec Jaune, maybe popping in for a quick drink/scotch egg, and follow the 'main' road till the clear right turn up to the big, long white strip on the hill on your right.

Not that I've spent too much time in Morzine or anything Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hahahahaha - the guided tour!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowing fairly heavily in Les Gets! Visibility on the mountain is poor. Not at all busy. Good times.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Back in the condo - no vis at all in Avoriaz !
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Superb piste skiing all over Morzine yesterday. Evo 2 off piste guide skied my legs off this morning, mostly trees and surprising number of powder stashes. Now resting in Avoriaz chalet , snow , zero viz and windy outside. Should be great snow for last day tomorrow
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Skiing back to Nyon this afternoon. Lovely, velvety powder on piste. Apparently snowing until the early morning and then clearing up. I hope that tomorrow will be epic...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Had to go out sking with the children this afternoon as they have their PE lessons on snowboards for the next few weeks and they needed parents to help. DID NOT want to leave the warmth of the agency but the snow was actually really nice for the one descent we managed to do on what was the first day of snowboarding for a lot of them.

As always, I'm glad I went out.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@MeMyselfandI, I always enjoyed seeing the children at the school ‘just up the road’ going out for their trials (wrong word really) on skis, boards, cross country etc, .
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@swskier, Good to meet you, hope you enjoy this wonderful snow we are having.
@DanishRider, I was wearing a yellow Snowheads buff and have stickers on my skis and this was my first random meeting of another snowhead. The buff came from a bash and the stickers picked up at ski tests.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'd say more snow fell today than was forecast. I went out at one pm after several hours of snow, and by three the pistes were lovely and powdery and empty. Visibility not so good, but tomorrow should be yet another cracking day. We are doing well in the PDS at present in terms of snowfall, especially compared to most other areas of the French Alps.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Conditions have definitely been excellent! Had a brilliant couple of sunny days in Avoriaz (including visiting some of the Swiss slopes yesterday and surviving accidentally ending up on a black run!). Visibility was a challenge today, but as everyone else found, snow was great and pistes quiet. Made it to Mont-Chery today - sadly the visibility was at its worst at that point, but still had a couple of lovely runs down, although was a shame to miss out on the views...

Looking forward to last full day tomorrow in what promise to be excellent conditions! I really do like this area. Is this week always so quiet here, do people think? It's a week or two earlier than we usually go, but I've been surprised at how often we've practically had the pistes to ourselves (definitely hasn't been as uncrowded in e.g. Les Arcs, 3V), and there hasn't been a hint of a lift queue!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Up dealing with a sick infant and skiing is thus sadly not likely later as she needs to stay with us rather than go to the sitter tomorrow. But it is 1.40am and still snowing...so all good to build up that base. You have to take the positives, after all a sick child takes precedence over a pow day, right? Right...? Wink

Have fun out there tomorrow - looks like it will be an epic day!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
[quote="Harry Flashman - looks like it will be an epic day![/quote]

Correct. Mont chery was literally sparkling first thing this morning in the sun. 15cm untracked and fresh. PM me if anyone wants to scoot around Chavannes side this afternoon for some easy off piste
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Has anyone eaten at Restaurant Le Blattin in Pre La Joux sector located near TS Cornebois and is it any good? We are told it is owned by the chap who runs the excellent Le Farrage summer restaurant above Morgins.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snow below 1500m is slightly below average depths and above that, about normal. I have to say I think it has been a great start to the season. Skiing possible at the beginning of December, slightly spoilt by the heavy rain before xmas leading to icy pistes but warm temps led to some nice spring snow. Since New Year it has snowed a couple of times, the sun has come out more often than the whole of last season, and temperatures have remained cold leading to excellent conditions both on and off piste. With the possibility of some more snow next week and cold temps, all the PDS will be skiing well into February. Hoorah.
ski holidays
@zzz, mighty fine.

Looking forward to next weekend he he he.

Boringly just up Brevent-Flegere tomorrow... wink
latest report
Lovely in Les Gets this afternoon whilst following the kids around. Due another (very cold) 40cm next week which shall be lovely for those who can actually ski properly with two working knees...

@Pamski, you wouldn't have thought that today if you'd seen (and heard) my youngest having a screaming hissy fit because he got dropped down a snowboarding group rolling eyes
latest report
@MeMyselfandI, oh well I had a bit of one of those myself this morning, without the screaming I hope, when trying to follow David (and he said he was trying really hard to ski slowly!) when the viz was really poor, so I did the sensible thing and dived in for coffee.
So pleased the snow is good.
latest report
Arbis was amazing this morning, managed to put 2nd and 4th tracks down it, liftie put first tracks. So quiet again today. Out from 9 to 4.30 today and absolutely shattered. Couple of hours tomorrow before heading home.
@MeMyselfandI, knee supports on both legs today. My knees are looking forward to a rest for a few weeks
ski holidays
@under a new name, looking forwards to it as well
ski holidays
Awesome skiing yesterday, as baby turned out to be not ill, with some short hikes yielding some lovely turns in ankle deep powder. Pretty tracked out on anything that does not require a walk, but pistes empty and in lovely condition apart from shaded icy runs at bottom of resort. Sharpen your edges and prepare for another lovely, sunny day today.

I am on childcare duty so am obviously looking out of the window with some jealousy for Lady F and friends as I type this.
snow conditions
In reply to Ozboy and the Blatins Restaurant. Yes we have eaten there and found it surprisingly good, particularly given its size and presumably tiny kitchen.
snow report
Beautiful morning but as last Saturday quite busy. I almost saw a lift queue. Anyone arriving for next week is in for a treat especially with a top up forecast. Still blowing a lot of artificial snow, presumably to ensure they have a base to last through half term.
snow report
Landing tomorrow so good to know conditions are good Very Happy
snow conditions
Les Gets & Morzine today, snow was great, it was very cold...so bring a jumper!
latest report
Early Friday morning front left of Mont Chery. So quiet.

Off piste was a lot more chopped up this morning after weekend crowds, but still some patches of soft snow to be found and the pistes are in great condition. Forecast looks like 10-20cm possible on wednesday, and some more next weekend.
snow report
Jealous of everyone who's out there at the moment! I was enjoying myself so much last week that I paid for a Saturday pass yesterday just so I could squeeze in a couple of hours' skiing before our transfer, as the flight wasn't at the crack of dawn for once. It did start to get pretty busy towards the end, but was bliss when I first got out - was up at Avoriaz for lift openings (a rare occurrence, as am quite lazy in the mornings) and was skiing around on empty pistes for a while in gorgeous early morning light!

The pistes all seemed to be in near-perfect condition throughout last week - if there's a top-up due this week, they're going to remain fantastic.

@polo, lovely photo. I'm going to have to come back so I can actually see Mt Chery (was only there in Thursday's whiteout and didn't get any views!).
snow report
Lovely soft snow yesterday for the smallest who was snowboarding and the bigger, who was slaloming.

Looking like it's going to be lovely today, I'm going to walk up to mid-station before going into the office.

It's properly cold though so anyone coming out, make sure you have your base layers!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Great conditions in Les Gets today and a lot quieter than yesterday after the weekend crowd has left daughter had a lesson this afternoon with 360 highly recommend it is amazing how much she improved in just 2 hrs I think it just about equates what she would learn in a week in the tail end of a group of 12 in ESF.
snow report
Great conditions in Les Gets today and a lot quieter than yesterday after the weekend crowd has left daughter had a lesson this afternoon with 360 highly recommend it is amazing how much she improved in just 2 hrs I think it just about equates what she would learn in a week in the tail end of a group of 12 in ESF.
snow report
Very spring like conditions today, couple of icy patches this morning but glorious this afternoon. Everything between the pistes is tracked out but some fresh due Wednesday hopefully
ski holidays
No power in Chatel at the moment!
snow report
alj wrote:
No power in Chatel at the moment!

As in an electricity power cut, or as in a lack of powdery snow?
ski holidays
Fantastic day in Morzine, Les Gets today. Last day of our long weekend and could not have had better weather. Pistes are on the whole in great condition, bit icy in parts but nothing to cause great concern. Could do with a bit of a top up and hopefully get it soon.
ski holidays
To clarify no electricity for most of Chatel for about an hour, all back up and running now
snow report
Yet another stunning day in Les Gets. Very cold, very sunny and squeaky snow. Due a top up tomorrow then more on Sunday with temps staying cold. Happy days.
snow report
If we do get a top up tonight where's best to head in the morning. Staying at Chase de Montagne at the foot of the followers de golf chair
ski holidays
ol smokey, Mt Chery Smile

ALWAYS Mt Chery

If not you can always get first lift from the chavannes, hit Rosta in the bowl then Grain d'Or for the freeride area. Off piste on Ranfoilly then back up and drop down do Chamossiere and lap that a couple of times then over to Mt Chery for a few laps on the North side and then to La Grande Ourse for a late tandoori pizza.
snow conditions
@ol_smokey, no snow forecast tonight.

Maybe 5cms tomorrow night.

Won’t make a difference I’m afraid...
latest report
Anything not in the sun is getting a bit hard packed and swept now, and we still need more base to open the last few runs. Had a piste day today, and skiied a lot of runs on the Swiss/Chatel/Avoriaz side. Swiss Wall was perfectly acceptable today, runs near the bottom of Chatel in shade were a bit grim. Mogul run next to the Chaux des Rosees lift was great, but the bottom bit under the lift was closed with rocks poking through. Chaux Fleurie trees looked like a mogul piste, so anything accessible is really skiied out now. Definitely feeling the slippery artificial snow over a hard base today - keen edges and soft legs required!

Skiied Nyon/Chamossier/Les Gets Side yesterday and it was great, especially the big black bump run in Chamossier. However, the soft, forgiving snow of last week has all but disappeared and you can feel the hard pack and artificial top-up now.

Was even a bit slidey on my slalom skis. Have taken them in for a machine tune and base repair/grind: and not before time - the tuner looked at my edges and missing chunks from the bottom and burst out laughing.

Lovely weather, but cold. Staying in tomorrow as have some work to do, irritatingly.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 22-01-19 22:15; edited 1 time in total
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy