Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Gets/Morzine 2018/2019

Poster: A snowHead
Not quite Linga but close. Vertical Horizons is near the bridge at the bottom of the hill from the village. Brit run and in the village all season (mountain bikes in the summer) and whilst I havent used them myself they have been widely recommended.

https://verticalchatel.com
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sabreboy wrote:
Any personal recommendations for Ski hire in Chatel - Linga? Germain Sport or Linga Ski Shop seem to be the obvious candidates.

Vertical Horizons
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+1 for Vertical Horizons. We hire there every year. Good kit, friendly and you can park outside the shop.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Been a while since we had some pictures. First one from top of Ranfoilly lift looking towards Chamosssiere (taken yesterday), second one is an off piste line front of Mont Chery down towards Pierriere side on thurs

Forecast for sun-mon is 50cm at village level, and 70-80cm higher up. Don't be surprised to see rain in the villages sunday afternoon as the snowline rises to 1200-1300m for a time, but it turns cold again into monday morning, so early next week is going to be big.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Contrary to popular belief today appears to be the busiest day of the week in Les Gets. Visibility horrible for the middle third of Arbis.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah it's quite busy in Morzine-LG today, first weekend of decent snow I guess?

Cloudy over above 1600m but the pistes are in decent nick and there's enough contrast to see where you're going. The odd icy/bare patch at the top of TPH Nyon but the pisteurs have done a great job with what the sky has given them.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I see they do a " weekend " ski lift pass - is this pass just for Avoriaz? Or does it also give you access to morzine and les get?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Timc, Saturday sees all the people who live in the valley and Geneva coming up to ski, plus there are all the ski clubs training etc etc etc.

Lovely snow though and due a decent amount tomorrow
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How's the snow at the minute and the general outlook for Morzine next few days? Driving out for the season next week and tempted to do a week in Austria on the way. What are peoples thought's?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@duncansarmy, ? what route do you take so that Austria is on the way to Morzine from Liverpool.

Conditions are good at the moment, nice snow, nice and cold. Between 65cm and 100cm due between now and monday.

I reckon it'll be good next week....
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@polo, great pics. Looks fab!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
MeMyselfandI wrote:
@duncansarmy, ? what route do you take so that Austria is on the way to Morzine from Liverpool.

Conditions are good at the moment, nice snow, nice and cold. Between 65cm and 100cm due between now and monday.

I reckon it'll be good next week....

The long way! Laughing That sounds good MeMyselfandI, guess it was just a brief moment of 'fomo' from the historic season they are having out there, been contemplating it for the last week and can't decide what to do, friends who live out there sending pictures from Zel am not helping matters. snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
30cm of wet snow has fallen in my garden so far this weekend, really helping the base both on and off piste. Much more is forecast to fall over the next 36 hours. Sun on Tuesday and Wednesday. It’s going to be a cracking week. Avi risk currently at 4 though!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lots of lovely, lovely snow falling today, continuing through until tomorrow with the heaviest fall tonight.

Already moaning about snow clearing.

Tops up due throughout the week as well and looking like that will continue for a while.

Happy days.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well - snow is really good up in Avoriaz, but very cloudy! Can’t wait to the sun comes out on tuesday!
snow conditions
Ended up skiing Roc D'Enfer today rather than getting the car out in this weather. Snowing moderately in the morning then heavily in the afternoon. Lots of nice powdery pistes all around the forest circuit, even though approx 3°C at La Grande Terche level it was still just about falling as (pretty wet) snow. Freezing line I'd estimate at 1200m but pistes still fine below that.

It's now stopped snowing but looks like more coming tonight. Might ski here tomorrow as well before our flight back in the evening.
snow conditions
Slightly heavy snow with poor visibility today, but no people, and lovely skiing underfoot. Avi risk 4 so stayed away from the steeper pitches and headed to the friendly slopes of Mont Chery. It was a great start to our season. Friday, got the race skis out and skiied pistes in Les Gets/Chamossier/Nyon and they were in excellent shape, apart from the very top of Nyon where some rocks were evident. They will be buried now.

Just needs to stay cold!
snow conditions
Well, I have had a most excellent day of skiing in the Les Gets area! We're based near Prodains and stayed around the lower wooded bits of the Avoriaz sector yesterday in the snow (also a good day - as said above, snow was excellent even if visibility wasn't, and it was a nice warm-up on easy runs), but got the bus to Morzine today and soon found ourselves in the Chavannes sector. So many lovely wide red runs and so few people! Snow still good too. Very impressed with this area snowHead

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but it's not 100% obvious from the piste map: is the Mont-Chery sector just completely separate from everywhere else? From the map, looks as if you'd have a bit of a trek on foot to get to it if you had skied down into Les Gets from anywhere else - is that right, or am I missing something?
snow conditions
@Gipfel, it is completely separate, but not that much of a walk.
ski holidays
@under a new name, ta. Hard to tell scale from map! Looking forward to going there another day...
ski holidays
Anyone know of they have the stash open fully yet?
ski holidays
@Gipfel, It's about a 4 minute walk that takes you right by my office (we always have chocolates if you're struggling on the way). If you can't face it then there's a little train and numerous buses that shall take you as well.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 14-01-19 22:13; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Oh sorry, snow wise, there has been quite a bit of it. Not stunning powder but tomorrow will be sunny and I shall go skiing, before returning to the agency to hand out chocolates to struggling snowheads, and maybe sell houses.
snow report
@MeMyselfandI, thanks very much, love it Very Happy tomorrow sounds like a pleasant day for you! I've got a ski lesson in Avoriaz, but am really looking forward to coming back to Les Gets later in the week. What a place to have an office - do I remember you posting on here a good while ago for advice before moving out to the Alps (am always interested in those kind of threads)? If so, sounds as if things have worked out more than ok!

@grahamt1980, have just asked OH about The Stash (as he skied there yesterday) and as far as he is aware, it is fully open.
snow conditions
Stash was open today Happy
ski holidays
Awesome, we are there from the 26th so was assuming it would be by then, good to know its open for playing
latest report
@Gipfel, It did! Moved out almost six years ago now Smile Not everything went exactly to plan but it's worked out even better than I could have planned. Enjoy the week.
latest report
@Gipfel, we came across@MeMyselfandI, on a chairlift on Mt Chery (and do try and get there as it was quite my favourite place to ski) early on when she was here and we must have had a little back and forth chat on here, and she proved very helpful and successful when we sold our chalet in Les Gets last summer.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Great piste skiing in the sun around Avoriaz, Les Crosets and Chatel today. A little frustrated that many steeper posted remain closed, presumably due to loading of slopes above them? Still well tracked ‘though. Thinking of heading to Morzine tomorrow, how’s Chamossiere and Nyon been today?
snow report
Powder was getting pretty heavy and tracked yesterday, but afternoon piste skiing was fantastic, even on my 114mm powder skis. Today will be fabulous on piste - empty, sunny etc. I was going to take some race skis out but life admin has got in the way! So various trips on behalf on infant and wife.

And a famimy snowshoe walk, which I am really looking forward to! Found a glorious forest track near our home.
snow report
2 days in to our trip. Spent most of yesterday skiing chopped up off piste snow, was great fun, mainly around the lindarets/chatel area, bashed around the pistes of morzine/Les gets today, lovely day. Met TimC on a lift today, first snowhead I've encountered, had a nice chat on the lift, enjoy your holiday Tim. Looking forward to the rest of the weeks skiing.
latest report
I am in Avoriaz right now - haven’t met a snowhead yet - seems to many in the area. How to spot a snowhead?
ski holidays
Quick question - How do i get from super Morzine to the other side of Morzine? Bus?
latest report
Think you will need to walk across to Pleney or there may be a small tourist shuttle train that goes between the two lifts. You may be able to get a bus from the end of the road that leads from town to Super Morzine lift
latest report
DanishRider wrote:
I am in Avoriaz right now - haven’t met a snowhead yet - seems to many in the area. How to spot a snowhead?
@DanishRider, Ive got some Snowheads stickers on my skis, but no one has ever approached me, nor have I ever seen anyone else sporting the stickers. Maybe a funny handshake is involved.
snow conditions
DanishRider wrote:
Quick question - How do i get from super Morzine to the other side of Morzine? Bus?

If you mean from Super Morzine to the Pleney lift, there is, as Alan says, a little white train that runs between the two, every 6 min or so. Its also just a 5 min walk, go to the bottom of the street super morzine is on turn left, go about 100m then turn right (you should be able to see the gondola for reference anyway).
snow report
Thank you guys Happy
snow report
BergenBergen wrote:
DanishRider wrote:
@DanishRider, Ive got some Snowheads stickers on my skis, but no one has ever approached me, nor have I ever seen anyone else sporting the stickers. Maybe a funny handshake is involved.

I need those stickers - where to but them? We could start a trend! Cool
snow conditions
@DanishRider, here: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=11640
snow report
Awesome!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy