Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mens jacket and salopettes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Penry,
Quote:

a pair of 20k rated Fischer trousers in an orange so searingly bright you can see them from 5 miles away. In dense fog. At night.

Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Roguevfr wrote:
BTW I wouldn't touch mountain warehouse stuff with a barge pole.

Why? I think it's great value and decent quality. But if you think random stuff off ebay is better, go for it Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I disagree on the quality, and I'd far rather pay £50 for a second hand quality brand than the same or more on a high street brand under any circumstances .
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
TK Maxx have some deals on Helly Hansen trousers. Other than that take a look at SportPursuit.com
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@bobcat, I find some shell/mid layer combinations don't have a lot of pockets, so work best for those who carry a pack when skiing. If you prefer not to, you might want to look at ski jackets /salopettes that have enough pockets to carry whatever you need.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have mixed opinions on the shell v insulated controversy. I do both, but according to how I feel on the day. I think the layering + shell comes more from the touring / slogging uphill on foot or ski where you'd overheat in an insulated jacket. This generally means wearing a rucksack. For the majority of the time, lift served skiing will be perfectly served by a traditional insulated jacket, probably with only a base layer under it. If I get too warm, I use the pit zips.
I also dislike having to remove 3 layers in a cafe when enjoying my Bombardino, or the inevitable scutter with braces over layers, inside the salopettes or outside.

Of course if you already own a shell, then that's great, but there's no way it's as convenient as a decent ski jacket.

I'm happy to wear insulated salopettes with long underwear (knee length) but wouldn't wear long John's with them. I also have shell pants in goretex, which will sometimes get 3/4 length underwear but I prefer the shell pants.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Roguevfr, good note, I’m with you on the shell jacket we seriously lookedcat at it but decided that stripping of to have a van show or lunch wasn’t for us, we have insulated jackets, I wear two layers the weight of my midlayer changes depending on conditions, Mrs R goes from 3, we both have neck warmers for when it breezy. We both have insulated trousers and wear threequater longjohns underneath.

@bobcat, The Peak Performance jacket would be a good choice, Sportspursuit have Isobaa merion base and midlayers on sale https://tinyurl.com/ydda72q4, yes that is my personalised url Toofy Grin they also have Arc’teryx jackets and trousers.

You also asked about ski passes, our current and previous jackets have pass pockets on the sleve, brilliant ! No messing about trying to get your chest in the right position or getting your hips positioned correctly for the reader.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We have talked about it and think that an insulated jacket is the way to go for the same reasons you said. Handily there's free returns if you pay with PayPal so I think we'll try a few.

@radar very impressive personalised url! (I have no idea what this really means) but is it supposed to link to a product? Because it doesn't. It links to a settings page of some kind.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@bobcat, LOL! should take you into SportPursuit, must have wrongly copied it, but you know where they are Smile. Yes I use the PayPal free returns , though on my last return SportPursuit didn't charge me, if you haven't used the Paypal free returns you need to claim from them not SportPursuit confused me at first. Our house was awash with walking jackets from them Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@bobcat, I use Tiny URL quite a lot to shorten links.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy