Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach - Hinterglemm - Leogang - Fieberbrunn 2018/19 Official Unofficial Thread

Poster: A snowHead
@buchanan101, I'm not sure where you are seeing that, as the 14 day forecast I use is showing +2 to -5 on most days, and light snow on 2-3 days. Hardly the +10 and bright sunshine I associate with spring conditions
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I’m not in Saalbach today mind but I’m close by and it’s puking it down with snow at 600m. Nice big fluffy light snowflakes too not wet rain/snow. It’s fantastic!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ousekjarr wrote:
@buchanan101, I'm not sure where you are seeing that, as the 14 day forecast I use is showing +2 to -5 on most days, and light snow on 2-3 days. Hardly the +10 and bright sunshine I associate with spring conditions

Bergfex. They seem to be most reliable in my limited experience.

10C to 13C at the bottom, 4C to 8C at the top over the next 9 days. 10 hours of sun/day from Friday onwards. Very springy, barely gets to 0C at the bottom overnight (though with clear skies the snow will still freeze)

https://www.bergfex.com/fieberbrunn/wetter/berg/
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
hmm, might have to pack more shorts, and maybe some flippers for when the slush gets too deep...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
may be a fair bit with all those south facing slopes....
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lunches outside! That's what skiing is all about!! Not fighting for tables with half the known world and their kiddies.

Slush is very forgiving and it doesn't get stuck on your skis so you can see the pretty pictures! Also, sun tans, cool shades, visibility, softshells and sundowners on the terrace. What's not to like?!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Klamm Franzer wrote:
Lunches outside! That's what skiing is all about!! Not fighting for tables with half the known world and their kiddies.

Slush is very forgiving and it doesn't get stuck on your skis so you can see the pretty pictures! Also, sun tans, cool shades, visibility, softshells and sundowners on the terrace. What's not to like?!

The only thing not to like is the piles of heavy stuff at the end of the day. Apart from that I have no problem and agree with you.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@buchanan101, your question was bugging me and the most knowledgeable snowhead in Saalbach didn't know I thought I would ask the Tourist board " Piste 54 is a freeride route and closed due to security reasons - a snow-free asphalt road is on the track"
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
radar wrote:
@buchanan101, your question was bugging me and the most knowledgeable snowhead in Saalbach didn't know I thought I would ask the Tourist board " Piste 54 is a freeride route and closed due to security reasons - a snow-free asphalt road is on the track"

Thanks for that! Presumably there is always a snow-free asphalt road on the track - if is it snow free this year it always will be.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@buchanan101, still strange that’s its on the map, but then again so is the drag lift next to the Schattberg X-press. Shocked
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
radar wrote:
@buchanan101, still strange that’s its on the map, but then again so is the drag lift next to the Schattberg X-press. Shocked

No drag on the interactive map

Seekar drag usually shows closed (it is currently closed). Though the run it serves shows open...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.

Its there (19) Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Is a good way to get to the Leogang area in the morning to go up Schattberg and down 2b? Just wondering how busy the Schonleiten lift is early morning (saves walking up through the village).
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
radar wrote:
}

Its there (19) Toofy Grin

Not on the webpage interactive map... https://www.saalbach.com/en/winter/ski-resort/piste-map
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@buchanan101, lol this is sad of me I know but im waiting to see the dentist! Just used the link to the interactive map and its there

ski holidays
No, not the link to the pdf, the actual interactive map on that page.

Don't know how (or if) I can post screen dumps but there is no lift nor the run to the right of it. 1 and 1b are there, no drag
snow conditions
buchanan101 wrote:
Is a good way to get to the Leogang area in the morning to go up Schattberg and down 2b? Just wondering how busy the Schonleiten lift is early morning (saves walking up through the village).

Definitely. First thing is also the best time to do 2b. Schonleitenbahn might be quite busy, but the queue moves quickly. Also, the Skybar restaurant at the top of the Schattberg Xpress lift usually gives you a free Krapfen with vanilla sauce if you order a hot drink.
ski holidays
@buchanan101, your right, it’s not there lol

Is that drag stll there over the tunnel?

On your other question we go to Leogang using 2b, early is good especially if its going to be warm. Haven’t experienced the new lift at peak times, with the old one it moved pretty quickly
snow conditions
Have very rarely seen anything you would describe as a queue at Schattberg Xpress.
The run down to Vorderglemm is a blue but late on can be quite a challenge. So better to tackle it earlier in the day.
ski holidays
Radar, that is the drag on the nursery slope that is effectively TTs garden.
ski holidays
ianbradders wrote:
Have very rarely seen anything you would describe as a queue at Schattberg Xpress.
The run down to Vorderglemm is a blue but late on can be quite a challenge. So better to tackle it earlier in the day.

I meant at Schonleiten. We will be storing skis and boots at ski hire shop only a few metres from the Schattberg so preferable access to Leogang (and Hinterglemm) rather than walking up through the village to the other access gondolas.
ski holidays
Apologies. At Schonlitenbahn there used to be the longest queue's I encountered in the whole area but these were still nothing compared to other places I have visited. That was with the old standy uppy lifts.
My calves ache just thinking about it.
I have not been since the upgrade so can't give you an honest insight but suspect there will never be much of a line there.
snow conditions
@ianbradders, indeed! my excuse is i was on the mobile Smile
snow conditions
Anyone in Saalbach/Fieberbrunn this week who is mobile and wants to share a guide with me on Friday this week? I’ve got a good deal so I’m going anyway but in case anyone here fancies it (who is a good/competent off piste skier).
It would most likely be in the Kitzbuhel area mind but we haven’t decided where we are going yet, I’m going to speak to the guide again on Thursday. There may be a little bit of skinning involved potentially say 1 hour max but I doubt we will have to bother skinning. It’s going to be good though with the snow that has belted down today and will give it a couple of days to settle down a bit!
Thought I’d put it out there.
snow report
@buchanan101, Schonleitenbahn moves quickly and is typically a 2-3 minute queue at most, except between about 0930 and 1000 when the ski schools arrive all at the same time when it can be 10 minutes. If you are up Schattberg Express before 0900, you'll be well clear of it before then. Run 2b takes between 5 and 30 minutes depending on your ability wink

If you catch it wrong, on the left of the entrance from 2b there is a lift. If you call the lift, take it down and then take it back up again, the door opens on the other side and deposits you into the queue about 10 metres/5 minutes further forward if you want to be sneaky.
snow report
@ousekjarr,
Quote:

If you call the lift, take it down and then take it back up again, the door opens on the other side and deposits you into the queue about 10 metres/5 minutes further forward

That's what I call initiative and lateral thinking Laughing
latest report
@tatmanstours,

Please could you send me your guide to Saalbach. We are returning for the second time.

Many thanks
ski holidays
Richard - what are the locals saying about the 3 or 4 days of Mediterranean weather forecast (looks like a very weak cold front Weds night with a drop in temps after).

Maybe run in to you on the slopes...!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@giraffe,
Quote:

Please could you send me your guide to Saalbach. We are returning for the second time.

Certainly - PM me your email address.

@buchanan101, I haven't heard anyone mention the forecast - everyone's just enjoying the sunny weather. Good snow yesterday at Fieberbrunn and Leogang. Typical spring conditions generally. No doubt it will cool down eventually; in the meantime there's plenty of snow. When do you arrive - tomorrow?
latest report
yes, tomorrow, for my usual baking hot Feb half term in Saalbach.

A few new lifts since last time - and a whole new resort added...
ski holidays
The Seekar T-bar has been repaired and is operating again, report alpinforum.com and Facebook.
snow report
14 sleeps plus 1 nearby surely cant all melt before then, travel plans sorted car (we are driving) , hotel booked yonks ago ,kit ready to pack and a bit of a token effort of keeping/getting fitter , you would think that the excitment would dimminsh with age but it doesnt
latest report
Good news, be great up there for the next few weeks.
latest report
@ski for fun same amount of sleeps here.
Don't know about the excitement. I always start fretting about conditions. Like there's anything anyone can do.
ski holidays
ianbradders wrote:
@ski for fun same amount of sleeps here.
Don't know about the excitement. I always start fretting about conditions. Like there's anything anyone can do.

know what you mean, but now with webcams that is under control, just looked and conditions look great, You can see the carpark in leogang is absolutely rammed yet looking on the pistes plenty of room albeit its the main change over day and the view across kohlmais to the village is superb
latest report
Right then, time I did some organising as we we fly out Sat. Any recommendations for private ski lessons this Sunday (24th) in the PM?
snow report
Just back from a fantastic week in Saalbach, with mixed weather and a tremendous last few days. We had a lovely evening at the Hinterhag Alm, but missed Josef.

As usual, Burgi and (I think) her son were very welcoming at Burgi's bar, and in a departure from our normal apres agenda, the schnapps at Westernstadl on the way back down the Bernkogel, was good fun. The music in there was just right, not too loud, not too much Kenny Chesney and Garth Brooks, and a small amount of Dolly Parton.

We did the SkiCircus Challenge on Friday and somewhat annoyingly, my lift pass didn't register on the Tirol S back out of Fieberbrunn, so no commemorative gift for me. For those that are thinking about it, we started up the Schattberg Xpress about 9am, took 50 minutes for lunch and made it back down the Schattberg black at about 3.50pm. It's a long day, but if you are a fit competent skier, who can ski quite fast, then it's not too taxing. I really enjoyed the morning runs, but by the top of the Westgipfel on the way back, I was just going through the motions and keen to get home for a beer.
snow report
@Peterjones3, We recommend Steve Rothwell, Georgi Popov, and Iavor Vasilew at Zink Ski School (also David Spacey when he’s instructing, rather than focusing his energies on apre-ski entertaining, and Kris Dragonishov for boarding).
Also Johnnie Walker at Furstauer.
PM me if you’d like any contact details.
latest report
@Peterjones3, if you are in or near Hinterglemm then I can recommend Tune your Skill https://www.skill.at/en/private/
ski holidays
Yorksboy wrote:
@Peterjones3, if you are in or near Hinterglemm then I can recommend Tune your Skill https://www.skill.at/en/private/

Cheers for this, but we are based in central Saalbach.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy