Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach - Hinterglemm - Leogang - Fieberbrunn 2018/19 Official Unofficial Thread

Poster: A snowHead
@tatmanstours, see you on the bus! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@VolklAttivaS5, I'm in Saalbach from 15-22nd December, 5th-19th January & 2nd-9th March. Happy to meet up if you're in the area.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@radar, Are you travelling on 10th? If so we could share a private taxi transfer
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@tatmanstours, I had the same thought, we are the 15th! it was @Yorksboy, post that made me think you where going on the Saturday
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi. Never been on this thread before.
Going to Kitzbuhel over New Year and have friends at Hinterglemm. As a very rough guide, how long does it take to get from the car park at Fieberbrunn to the centre of Hinterglemm (therefore including the lift up from the car park). Not interested in rushing about and charging them as fast as we can so at a leisurely pace enjoying the views.
This may seem like a silly question, but will it be roughly the same amount of time coming back to the car park? I know sometimes lifts are worse quality in one direction or long runs, etc. Any answers or advice much appreciated. Thanks very much.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
A decent forecast in time for your arrival @tatmanstours!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Yorksboy, Jan and Mar are both doable
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@radar, when do you arrive in Salzburg?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@VolklAttivaS5, let's see what we can do.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Dougie, From the bottom at Fieberbrunn to the top of the Reiterkogel on the TirolS lift is about 90 minutes if you don't hang around. Similar on the way back, but beware that you are likely to need to be at the top of Reiterkogel by 1500 at the very latest to make it back, as the last uplift of the TirolS II from the bottom is 1530, and that's also a fairly difficult run down. It can also be closed entirely, leaving you with a mad dash to Leogang to get a bus or expensive taxi back, or a 3 hour trip out of the Glemmtal and around via Saalfelden by bus.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Dougie, The memory has faded since last season, but I’d estimate 1 hour 30 mins on the way there, and 1 hour 45 coming back.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Yorksboy, 14.35.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ousekjarr @tatmanstours @radar Thanks for the replies. Since we will be buying All-Star pass, we may give it a go.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Subscribed.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Dougie, This isn't meant to be snarky, but could your friends in Hinterglemm meet you part of the way across from Fieberbrunn, say at the top of the Tirol S which is the "divide" between Fieberbrunn and Hinterglemm rather than going down into the village? You could have a pleasant potter around the sunny slopes towards Hinterglemm, and lunch at one of the great restaurants in that part of the valley, ie Sonnalm, Wieseralm* or Rosswaldhuette.

* got the name wrong first time so this has been edited

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Thu 6-12-18 13:31; edited 2 times in total
snow report
@radar, I arrive at 15:05 from Dusseldorf!

Planning on getting the 16:51 Postbus - arrives in Hinterglemm at 19:00
latest report
ousekjarr wrote:
@Dougie, From the bottom at Fieberbrunn to the top of the Reiterkogel on the TirolS lift is about 90 minutes if you don't hang around.

Have checked my trackers from the last season - it took me 60 minutes to reach the top of tirolS starting at the bottom lift station at Fieberbrunn and nearly 60 minutes it took me to come back to Fieberbrunn. As far as i remember, there were absolutely no ques at the lifts. If the day is crowdy - it may take more time.

You can check my log at https://www.strava.com/activities/1391951279/overview
latest report
@honved, The Winkleralm is at the mid-station of the Zwoelferkogelbahn. You may be thinking of the Reiteralm or the Wieseralm - both good ones.
ski holidays
@tatmanstours, Wieseralm is what I had in mind. I knew it began with W... Very Happy

We call the Wieseralm "the hidden one" because it's tucked away behind a little shoulder of the piste, so we rarely use its proper name.
ski holidays
@Yorksboy, I hope to be wondering down to Rossi's by then for a Schnitzel Toofy Grin , we are on the 15.15 shuttle , have thought we might try the bus in the summer
ski holidays
@radar

How long do you stay? Yorksboy is leaving the day we are arriving.

Anybody else in town over Christmasweek - beside Richard and that "Saalbachsnowhead" Puzzled ?

You could practic your Japanese with us Madeye-Smiley ! (for next time).
snow conditions
@Hyst, lol, we leave on the 21st.
ski holidays
@radar, if I were to use the shuttle it would have to be the 17:45 one - another reason for trying the Postbus.

Overall it's going to be a long day what with the train to Manchester, then early flight to Dusseldorf and then down to Salzburg. (jet2 don't start their ski flights until the 22nd Sad ).

I'll let you all know how it goes on the bus.
latest report
@honved Thanks for that. Certainly something I will suggest. They have been going to Hinterglemm for years and years so will mention those restaurants as a meeting point; I am sure they must know them.
snow report
Today’s forecast, from Bergfex looking promising

ski holidays
Like this on better: https://www.meteoblue.com/en/weather/forecast/14-days/saalbach_austria_2766924

Could be a little colder though!
ski holidays
@tatmanstours, thanks very much for your reply. I'll drop the taxi firm a message Smile
Looking forward to webcams this weekend snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
I am confused as to whether we can get from viehhofen to zell this year, I know you can’t get back without catching the bus down the valley a bit to go back up, but is there a lift now you can get up the other side from bottom of the legendary piste 68?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No lift - may be next season.

@tatmanstours, might tell more?
latest report
@ribblevalleyblue, no lift as yet, its the bus 680, timetable published yesterday on the Saalbach website not easy to find it https://www.saalbach.com/en/service/info/skibus-nightliner
snow report
@ribblevalleyblue, They're working on the new gondola and have announced that it will be open for next season. It will then be possible to ski, or take the ski bus, down to Viehhofen and take the Zell am See Express gondola up the other side to the top of the Schmittenhoehe. As you say, the route back brings you down to a ski bus stop on the road between Viehhofen and the Schoenleitenbahn, although it will of course be possible to download on the gondola to Viehhofen village.
latest report
@Yorksboy, @radar, @tatmanstours,

Don't use up the snow before Christmas! Shocked

Looks like you get very good conditions.
ski holidays
@Hyst, I'm sure that they'll be plenty left - Snow-forecast is now predicting 94cm at the top and 45cm in the village over the next couple of days or so (slightly up from earlier today). Just what the doctor ordered Madeye-Smiley
snow report
@Hyst, we arrive on 22nd. Can’t wait!

@tatmanstours, please can you keep us updated on the conditions. Jnr wants to bring his GS skis as he doesn’t get much chance to get used to them, however, if cover is a bit thin he won’t want to risk damaging the bases.
ski holidays
@hammerite, will do
latest report
@tatmanstours, Looks like we can try your favorite 68. Madeye-Smiley

@hammerite, We will have fun! Just have to find a place without queue to buy liftcard in the early morning 22nd. wink
(still the same view about offpiste possibilities? But not for us old folks!) Toofy Grin But very strong wind at altitude might destroy a lot.

If most runs will be open will do an easy round trip in the valley: 7, 4, 2b, (62,68 ?) , 66, 52, 32x. A blue day after a long drive - or I will just get lost somewhere on the way Shocked .
ski holidays
@hyst, @radar, @tatmanstours

Thank you for confirmation re the link to Zell, that’s what I had thought, but read something that left a little doubt in my mind
snow conditions
Weatherforcasts Evil or Very Mad can not trust those metorologist!

No snow in the valley yet! Probably have to replan my first day blue run Crying or Very sad

Edit: May be I am just to impatient to get going! wink It's closing ind in The valley. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
@Hyst, The impression I got was that the heavy snowfall will be tonight and tomorrow. I will be very surprised if the forecasts are wrong about this. I remain optimistic.
snow report
@tatmanstours, thank you.

@Hyst, have confidence in the forecast. The next couple of days look to be snowy and are backed up with a good few days of cold. Even if the snowfall isn’t as heavy as is forecast it should be cold enough for the cannons to be operating. Last time we were out for Christmas we had some great days on what was predominantly man made snow, the pistes were smooth and fast. Top to bottom runs without getting tired!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy