Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zillertal 2018/2019

Poster: A snowHead
Can you still ski down to the valley from the different areas? heading there in the Eastern
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Only valley run open is Ahorn I think.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@JimboS, ouch!

Thought the conditions were great today. Followed the sun and mostly nice pistes. Only proper slush we encountered was over at Eggalm after lunch on the valley run. Both facing slopes at Penken very nice I thought.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
*North
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Bennyboy1,

thanks
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Woosh, Ahorn Valley Run open as at 30th March. Kaltenbach was just, but will be closed this week I suspect. Eggalm slushy. Hochfugen still good to the Car Parks and likely to stay that way. Arena closed already. Can't comment on Tux.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Been at Kaltenbach and Fugen today. Hoch Fügen car park is much higher so skiing down to valley is open. Kaltenbach closed below mid station.

Snow was very good all day on piste until around 3pm when it became heavy. Runs down to Fugen from Kaltenbach side lovely especially the long black (cannot remember the number) and all the runs from top of Fügen except for the last 100m of descent. Great day.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Over to Eggalm and back this morning then up the Ahorn in the afternoon, condition were in general great. Two runs top to bottom on the Ahorn then beers in the cafe at the base. Thermometer was showing 24 degree C. In the shade!

Seemed like we had the entire mountain to ourselves.

snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@panaga52,

Thank you. Guess the higher territory will see some decent snowfall this week and some more next week. The colder weather should imply good Eastern conditions when considering it will be mid April. Looking forward to visit the area again
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
My fingers are firmly crossed for this as in two weeks time we will be there.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We are hoping for lots of snow at the end of the week to open up the valley death and doom with fresh pow..
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ski in jeans Smile (Or your mankini)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Did think about wearing shorts, turns out it would have been fine.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Today I went with a guide on tour/offpiste day. We had wanted to skim up one of the peaks off the Hintertux but strong winds put a stop to that plan. This was my first experience of skinning and whilst the guide said it was possible with crampons the wind kinda made us think of alternative itineraries. We decided to skim up the Rastkogel. Given no new snow the track up was fine albeit quite icy. Wind started to pick up but was not a big problem.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

snow report
Half way up:
snow report

snow report

snow conditions

ski holidays
Far left you can just make out the Runs down to a Fügen (pic below)

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 3-04-19 6:52; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays

ski holidays
After a brief rest at the top we traversed along a ridge before dropping into a very nice descent. Snow was perfect spring corn. Felt like powder Smile
latest report

snow report

snow report
We traversed across and made our way down to Eggalm. It was getting ropey by the bottom with a bit of walking across a field (my boots were covered in muck spreading hahaha) before making it back to piste at Eggalm.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 3-04-19 6:52; edited 1 time in total
snow report

snow conditions

snow conditions
Some of the pictures from Peter at Rock and Snow (my guide for the day).

Given chance of large dump of snow on Thursday night, might be chance of a free ride day on Friday! Time for snowboard perhaps....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Bennyboy1,

He his an awesome character. Hope to hook up for a day or two with him in the Eastern.
snow report
Mountain shut due to wind today. Heading to Kaltenbach.
snow conditions
Tried the same but given limited runs open decided to go for lunch in the valley. Hope more opened up in he PM for you.
latest report
Did two runs and then called it a day, only one chair open.

Late lunch at the bottom of he Ahorn.
snow conditions
What at the conditions like today in Mayrhofen? Watching the webcams yesterday and looking this opening it doesn’t look like there was anything like the amount of snow come down as forecasts were suggesting Sad

At least I can see some on the trees and roof of the lift so definitely some was had.
snow conditions
@NickyJ, maybe 30cm a Time hintertux not sure at Mayrhofen. Up to 50cm in the winds build up areas.
latest report
@Bennyboy1, thanks. Looking at the forecast next week that freezing level could really do with coming down a bit! Rather higher than I was hoping to see.
ski holidays
@NickyJ, didn’t need chains in the road, snow was a bit wet below 1900 but a nice top up
latest report
Bennyboy1 wrote:
@NickyJ, didn’t need chains in the road, snow was a bit wet below 1900 but a nice top up

What I mean is that the freezing level on next weeks forecast is at 2000m+ was hoping that to be lower like 1400m Happy. I know I am coming mid April but schools dictate that. It doesn’t stop me hoping
snow report
@NickyJ, i understand now. There is a lot of snow here. The base is deep but it will get slushy after lunch if the temps are correct. On Penken there are a lot of North facining slopes which will be good on the afternoon, you can ski south in the morning and I am sure it will be fine. Looks like it will freeze overnight as well. Only area that was very slushy was Eggalm.

I would recommend Day trips to Hintertux glacier, Kaltenbach (the Fugen side) and Zell (actually I prefer Gerlos side). Do you have a car? Makes it super easy.
ski holidays
@Bennyboy1, we have a car booked but I know hubby was looking forward to not driving around... but didn’t like my suggestion that maybe we book in my name so that I can do the driving. Also I have my daughter booked into 3 days of lessons so need to stay local then.
latest report
@NickyJ, you can easily get the Greenline bus to Hintertux. First bus departs at 8am I think. Well worth it on a clear sunny day.

Also train to Kaltenbach is free.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy