Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

El Niño

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Apparently this is to be an El Niño season - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-45471409

Normally means a mild and less snowy winter for north America - it'll probably just hose down with rain in the likes of Whistler then - and less certain what it means for Europe. If I remember right the last one got off to a poor start but recovered well.

What do you snow weather gods/boffins know?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Phrase that pays is "it depends". If all that warm wet air comes in off the Pacific and runs into a big cold front coming down from the North then you'll get a huge amount of snow. The record years for snowfall in NA tend to be El Nino years iirc. No cold front then you can expect rain.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Since the 80s average snow for whistler in el nino years is over 11m. The worst el nino year for snow was 2004/2005 season they got 6.85m, even though this was considered a weak el nino. Strong el nino years they seem to have average or above average snow fall (8.86m, 10m, 12m in 82/83, 97/98, 02/03 respectively).

I wouldn't be too concerned.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gav's weather vid channel has been skeptical whether El Nino will get going this season, due to the current cold SST anomalies near South America. Seems the models, especially CFSv2, have been over cooking it all summer. Latest downgrades below. So at the moment looks like a weak signal by end of year.

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy