Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flying with Lufthansa to Munich Airport - Any advice?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are flying to Munich Airport with Lufthansa at half term, before driving into Austria. Any advice on flying with them, specifically when/how to upload the required travel documents (vaccination records, negative pcr results for kids, etc). I believe I cannot upload until 24hrs before departure?

What did you need to provide at check-in at the airport? Any drama? I have been told by the German embassy that I do not need to complete a digital registration form, but have since read on here that some airlines require the form regardless of exemptions? Anyone have experience of this?

When arriving in Munich, what did you need to produce?

Incredibly confusing time to travel! Grateful of any help or advice. Thank you! Toofy Grin
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Arriving in Munich, they are very keen to make sure UK travellers go through the non-EU customs desks, which often have much bigger queues.

There are big signs demanding that UK and Russian travellers produce evidence of their address, financial standing, return flight etc. We were transitting too, so were not asked this, although they were incredibly rude!

Basically, don't hang about, get through Schengen entry a.s.a.p when you land. Oh, and if you don't have ffp2 mask, the cafes and bars in the airport won't let you in.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you. So are UK travellers allowed to use these schengen entry points?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@AlwaysFalling1, it is no drama at all. Flew out of LHR with Lufthansa recently, there were zero queues. Despite the rules clearly stating that the https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de/#/ is not required for transit both Lufthansa and BA seem to pretty much insist on it. It is easy to fill in (use Munich airport as the address, a valid German post code is necessary). The vaccine certificates etc are uploaded separately after you fill in the form. You can upload the form etc (I think) 72 hours beforehand for Lufthansa to validate. All this does is make your check in easier and avoids stress. My experience on arrival is that the forms etc are carefully checked but others say no one took any notice. The difference could well be that if you are immediately driving off to Austria and have evidence of that (hotel booking or whatever), the border police know that issues about vaccine status etc are irrelevant so dont bother checking. There are clearly plenty of folk from the UK arriving in Munich for ski holidays in Austria. Note that all you get for "free" on board is a bottle of water a a piece of chocolate, take snacks if you want them.

There have been reports of the German police stopping coaches entering Germany to check vaccine certs. no idea how common this is (when I drove home on Sunday, no sign of anyone being stopped) though again there should not be any issues as transit is allowed.

The ffp2 mask thing is important too, surprised Lufthansa dont insist on them on board (flights to Austria do) but you need them once on the ground in Munich.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you! Very useful. So you recommend I complete the German digital form any way, stating Munich airport as my German address.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@AlwaysFalling1, it does no harm, it simply makes check in easier. I can see from the airline's perspective they need to ensure their passengers follow the regulations so simply say fill in the form, I am sure you can argue your case at check in too.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sounds good advice. Thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy