Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Places to go

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for places to go next February . We have a group of 14 , 11 adults 3 teenagers . Mostly beginners a couple of the party have skied before . Budget about £650 p/p .Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Half term? Is that budget to stretch to lift passes, lessons and equipment as well as accommodation and food? If not... It may still be a struggle in the mainstream alpine countries- you may have some luck if you go self catering somewhere in Italy. I’ve just had a quick search on Igluski, and there are some options there which might suit. Also look at Bulgaria. For beginners going to less glam and fashionable locations with smaller ski areas would be fine, as long as you can get some English speaking instruction. ( I gather it’s pretty good in Bulgaria)..
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that , i will have a look.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Scotth1972, definitely check the half term dates of wherever you decide to go too.

For example, earlier this year, we went to Voss over (English) half term, but it wasn't Voss half term for another week, so was quiet!

Whilst Norway is expensive, you could probably get close based on what we did:

Flights: £40 return each (admittedly you may be lucky to get that price) + extra for 1 bag (can't remember how much), with Norwiegan
Accommodation: 1 week in a self catering chalet cost circa £650 (we booked a 2 bed, 1 bathroom place and ended up with a 3 bed, 2 bathroom place)!
Train fare from Bergen: £40 each return
Taxi fares: Not cheap (the metre starts at around £10 even for 5 minute journeys), but I think we probably spent circa £200 over the week on taxi's
Food: Not cheap (pizza, pasta, 1 kids portion and a drink each cost around £80), however some places are a bit cheaper and we cooked most of the time
Alcohol: Take your own (hence the checked bag)!
Skiing: A week's lift pass seems to be about £170 currently: https://www.vossresort.no/en/winter/skipasses-/prices/

I'd normally suggest Eastern Europe on a budget, but actually, if you plan carefully and do self catering, Scandinavia could be cheaper than you think (all comes down to the flights really, if they aren't discounted its probably not viable).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I organised a group trip to Bansko in January for £550-£650 per head including flights, bags, lift pass, half board chalet, lift passes, equipment hire, etc. We booked the chalet to ourselves, and pretty much filled every bed in order to share the cost as much as possible. That was with Total Chalets.

Budget per person for this trip (2018) was...

Flight: £65
Hold bag for flight: £44
1 bed in chalet incl half board: £295
Equipment rent: £80
Lift pass: £150
Total: £569
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Scotth1972, are you looking at UK half term? We tried Bansko then a few seasons back and it was insanely busy the queues were absolutely atrocious. Then once you got up the gondola or up via the bus which we found was better overall there were just far too many people in resort for the number of runs and lifts up there.

We did Salen, Sweden half term just gone,l for a reasonable price but all in was still more than that per person (though not sure what you are expecting that to cover).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just totted up and was ~£710 per head. We had far more beds in our accommodation than we used but with only 1 toilet and 1 shower I wouldn’t have wanted more than 4 of us in there. We paid for extras like bed linen, end of stay clean and a WiFi dongle. That price is self catered but includes lift passes and ski / boot hire for the children and BA flights which meant we didn’t have to pay extra for ski carriage.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For half term, your going to struggle for that sort of budget.
You could look at BalkanHolidays. However half term would put me off somewhere like Bansko due to the lift queue
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy