Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic Cloud 11s 2018

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I noticed a few people tried these in the October 2017 test and seemed to like them.

Did anyone go ahead and buy them (Meridebs flagged them as a possible future purchase).

Interested in any experiences - good or bad.

Meridebs , if you are around and able to answer, in your review you described yourself as being 'middle range ability" - could you elaborate?

Also, a general question - in reviews of some skis in the intermediate/advanced range it'll say the skis like to go fast, or fast turns - it's very subjective but can anyone shed any light on what that might mean? I see lots of people skiing fast and some skiing extremely fast. What would "normal" fast be for example, on an uncomplicated red run, not straightlining?

Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The best I can do is tell you what SCGB said about the Cloud 12.....let me know if that's of any help.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, Old Fartbag, but I'm not a good enough skier for the 12s. Past years versions of the 11s seem as though they were a bit fiercer than this year's - perhaps they've toned down the range (happens a lot with golf clubs - the"ladies" versions of clubs I was playing with 10 years ago were as stiff as, if not more so, than current mens' senior flex but try selling an old bloke ladies clubs - not a chance!)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi

I have Atomic Cloud 12s 2018. So I’m not sure anything I have to say will be relevant but...

I think they do run / turn nicely and I’m sure could go pretty fast! I however would not say I’m a ‘fast’ skier. I like reds / blues and do go down blacks - but don’t seek them out.

My daughter, who is a boarder and hasn’t skied in a few years, borrowed them for a day this week and got on fine with them.

You might be able to demo some from Ellis Brigham at Milton Keynes if that is anywhere near you?

If you think I can answer anything more specific, please let me know.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Homey, that's very useful to know and gives me a bit better perspective of how they work for a non-professional reviewer.
I'm away skiing at the moment and tbh, have been happy with my current cloud 9s but this past couple of weeks have been skiing faster and positively, and now I've read all these reviews and thinking I might move up to something a bit more responsive.
I'm surrounded by ski shops so should be able to hire some for the day.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FWIW. The SCGB Review says the Cloud 12 is a bold, stiff ski aimed at experts. It's a high speed charger with a stiff flex and a strong tail, that needs decent technique.

Sounds like one step down might be a little more manageable.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Out of my league, as I'd assumed and decided. I don't mind high speed chargers but they have to have 4 legs 😊 - at the moment I'm exploring whether the 11s are also a step too far at this stage.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My misses rented a pair of Atomic Cloud Ltd last week, and I've just been trying to work out what the difference is between the LTD and the numbered versions.

But I cant make any comment on what they handle like, MrsLawn's comment on them would be the Black and White top sheet co-ordinates with her outfit.
So 5 Stars
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mrs H has just had these bought for her by moi (early birthday present). She tested them at Tamworth along with the Cloud 10s and a few others (Salamon SMAX10s and Dynastar Intense 10) and the Cloud 10 and 11s were far more suited to her intermediate style (happy on red runs as long as she can keep the pace down) for going into turns under control. Will find out at New Year how they perform on a real mountain. She found them much more responsive than the 10s and she is by no means an advanced skier.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oh wow, this seems so long ago now. Thank you for replying to the thread with your updates.

In the end I demo'd some Super Joys ( @ 4cm longer than my Cloud 9s) in resort and fell in love! Unfortunately, it took me far too long to realise that the Atomics were actually holding me back and then I only had a week with the SuperJoys before we had to leave.
Roll on Jan and fingers crossed I pick up back up quickly Very Happy

Hope everyone is happy with their choices, I'm excited for the new season and can't wait to get back out there - sad but true rolling eyes

Cheers,
Elaine
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy