Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland Snow Reports 2018 / 2019

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Ski lots, In my initial post I did say Grampian or Aberdeenshire, this from the Dundee Courier

"Owners Glenshee Limited want to install a state-of-the-art TechnoAlpin Snowfactory to provide plenty of the white stuff when the weather doesn’t come up with the goods.

In plans submitted to Aberdeenshire Council, chartered architect Nicola Donaldson says the machine is vital to ensure winter sports lovers can continue to enjoy the fantastic slopes when snow levels are low."
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
larry1950 wrote:
@Alastair Pink, I don't know where you get your information from but its not quite correct, HIE also gave funding to the Lecht and Glencoe to buy their Snowfactory's and also to Nevis Range, who all come under HIE,

I said in my previous post "I presume Glenshee will mainly or exclusively have to fund this themselves". I was aware that HIE had paid for a fraction (less than half) of the cost of the snowfactory at the Lecht (£200,000 out of a total cost of £520,000) and that Glencoe had tried to crowdfund their purchase (but the amount pledged was insufficient) and that subsequently HIE has contributed £140,000 to the £350,000 total cost. I've not been able to find how much HIE contributed to the purchase of the Nevis Range snowfactory, but if it's the same fraction as for the Lecht and Glencoe then I expect it will be approx 40%? I didn't realise that Glenshee apparently falls outside of HIE's jurisdiction, thanks for pointing that out. My main point was that HIE seem quite willing to fully fund Cairngorm while the other resorts are left much more to find money themselves, not exactly an even handed approach.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Details of the application here
https://upa.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=PVZ1XFCAGUR00
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The supporting statement is worth a read. It is a very clear description of the project which should hopefully be approved with minimum fuss.

The snow factory is entirely reversible except for its concrete plinth. It probably helps that it will be largely hidden from the car park.

Interesting to read that they are also thinking about a wind turbine perhaps similar to the one at the Lecht. That will reduce their carbon footprint and hopefully their long term diesel costs. The fact that they are off grid should help weigh in favour of the turbine proposal since the alternative would be miles of overhead power line along The Glen together with its own significant carbon cost. A wind turbine is also Largely reversible.

I’m guessing that Glenshees money for this project will come from their decision not to progress with the Cairnwell Chairlift last year ? Go Glenshee Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Peter S, Thanks for those links, very interesting. I see that the supporting statement document states "Glenshee Limited with the support of Scottish Enterprise propose to invest in a TechnoAlpin Snowfactory SF210". That is the larger capacity model, and it's good to see that Scottish Enterprise (which, as other posters have said, Glenshee falls into their jurisdiction) will be contributing to this proposal Smile , although the proportion they are funding is not specified there (does anyone know that information?) Anyway as Peter S says, go Glenshee! Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The site next to the Cairnwell looks ideal. From there they should be able to pump snow down onto the (former) plastic slope or onto the home run next to the Baddoch chair. It may also be possible to move snow downhill onto the dink-dink. They should also be able to reach the bottom half of claybokie.

These runs are east facing and relatively sheltered. Their surfaces should be well drained which will help preserve the snow. Proximity to two cafes will help. Laughing

If it’s a success it may give them an option for night skiing ?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good pic from a few days ago.

ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

http://youtube.com/v/h70vSGsxUxo
Great vid from a few years ago Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The glory days at Cairngorm. 1986 was one of the best UK seasons in the last 40 years. Only 1979 had more snow.

Some fantastic skiing on display in the film and some great style Cool
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
tough decisions have to be made -- BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-49523953
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
^ The incompetence is staggering.

HIE design a snowtrain -- that shuts when it snows.

They hand millions to an unknown company based on a fancy sketch and hubris.

They build a snowtrain with materials not designed for a snowy climate.

And when the snowtrain crumbles, they stand around with hands in their pockets, sucking air through their teeth for months on end.

Yall need to fire the entire "management" team and start again.

Put Boris in charge.

Or sell it to Trump.

Get something done.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy