Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Season Pass Mont Blanc Unlimited - Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Taking a career break for 3 months to Mont Blanc area with young family the coming season 18/19.
So, with no previous season ski pass for the region owned, will we be doomed to pay full public rate at around €2228 each (as we have nothing to recharge) or is there a way to benefit from the early discount offers in October? Grateful for any knowledge.... and any savings welcomed!!
Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Christ that's daylight robbery
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@stevejcastle,

That’s the annual pass rate.

There is a couple’s rate.

There are early bird discounts later.

I think you can argue that preferential pricing goes against EU law which is why it’s no longer a locals discount.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Yep. Especially when you consider what's available elsewhere in the world. Ikon/epic pass plus flights to n America and you're still at least 700euro per person better off. Of course Chamonix is the ski mountaineering Mecca and I'm sure for some people looking for extreme skiing nowhere beats it. But for the more average skier there are many more affordable options. My 2 months in BC this year (flights, accommodation, lift pass, plus food and entertainment) are looking about the same cost as a Chamonix lift pass Shocked
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@stevejcastle, as @under a new name, says, that’s basically the full fat walk up in season rate. Nobody needs to pay that. The early bird price for non returning guests will likely be around e900 based on last year.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@boarder2020, no, it’s an ANNUAL pass.

So, given a single up either Montenvers or Aiguille in July is €55 ish, and you did that twice a week ... all through Summer ...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
under a new name wrote:
@boarder2020, no, it’s an ANNUAL pass.

So, given a single up either Montenvers or Aiguille in July is €55 ish, and you did that twice a week ... all through Summer ...

And 55 euros single is daylight robbery too
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No one pays the full price. I had one this year and if I renew before 19 Oct its 835 euro. I would assume that there will be an early bird price for new buyers if you buy before November of around 1200 which is what I paid last year, though this has yet to be announced. Considering what you get I think its pretty good (all of Cham, St Gervais, Megeve, Courmayeur, Contamines, 6 days in Verbier, day tickets to PDS, Flaine, La Clusaz etc, unlimited Midi, half price MB tunnel)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If flexible on location, Tirol Snow Card is 797 eur, access to 5 glaciers and about 90 ski resorts.
Or Aosta Valley + Zermatt , 1200 eur
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
boarder2020 wrote:
Quote:

Yep. Especially when you consider what's available elsewhere in the world. Ikon/epic pass plus flights to n America and you're still at least 700euro per person better off. Of course Chamonix is the ski mountaineering Mecca and I'm sure for some people looking for extreme skiing nowhere beats it. But for the more average skier there are many more affordable options. My 2 months in BC this year (flights, accommodation, lift pass, plus food and entertainment) are looking about the same cost as a Chamonix lift pass Shocked

Yeah but don't buy an Epic pass in time and you want a season pass to Vail they'll happily sting you for $2000 or more. Don't really see teh difference only a bit more transparnecy in the Chamonix system.

In Vail's case they don't particularly want or expect people to buy the post -Epic pass but they definitely want an absolute deadline to ensure they get the cashflow benefit of everyone buying their season passes pre season.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
boarder2020 wrote:
Quote:

Yeah but don't buy an Epic pass in time and you want a season pass to Vail they'll happily sting you for $2000 or more. Don't really see teh difference only a bit more transparnecy in the Chamonix system.

In Vail's case they don't particularly want or expect people to buy the post -Epic pass but they definitely want an absolute deadline to ensure they get the cashflow benefit of everyone buying their season passes pre season.

Like 99% of the ski resorts around the world
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mike Pow wrote:

And 55 euros single is daylight robbery too

Given the queues for both... plenty of folks wanting to be robbed...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@stevejcastle,
The discounted rate for a full area Season pass, with no previous season or annual pass purchases, will be about 950€. If next season is anything like the last, the prices will not be publicised or available until after the expiry of the renewal offer of annual passes at about 830€ (for those who purchased in previous seasons)

900+ Euros represents a reasonable price for 4+ months access to such a big and varied ski area. We spent about 20% of last season making fresh tracks through the trees in St Gervais and Megeve, avoiding bad visibility during the repeated snowfalls. Tops
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I’m with @HammondR. Works out to about 10 euros per day for access to some of the greatest skiable mountains on earth! How much is a season pass for the tube?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
950 is a world away from 2228

And much better value
latest report
950 is a little optimistic, the early bird offer for new customers last year was 1200. But still much better than 2228.
ski holidays
@Meltus, season or annual? I’m pretty sure season was close to 900
latest report
ah yes I was talking about annual sorry.
snow report
Check out the earlybird price for 2 adults and one kid at 2535e + 507e for every extra kid

https://www.chamonix.net/english/lift-systems/lift-passes/season-lift-passes

The Chamonix lift pricing policy is notoriously complex but I think that is about as good as it gets
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy