Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saint Martin de Bellville - Recommendations please

Poster: A snowHead
I am going to Saint Martin for my first trip and wonder if anyone can give me a couple of tips, please.

We are staying down the hill at Saint Jean and so need to drive to the lifts each day. Any tips on where to park?

Also can anyone recommend a ski hire place please. We would like one where we can deposit our skis at the end of the day (since we are driving).

... unless there are also ski lockers at the lift station?

Thanks for any tips.

Are there lift lockers?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
TheManOnTheBus,

There is a very big (free) car park 100 metres from the bottom of the gondola in St Martin. You should have no difficulty finding a parking space there. I am not aware of any lockers at the lift station and I'm not sure about rental shops where you can leave your kit each day. I'm sure others will be able to comment on that though.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When I've been down that way the car park at Le Bettaix also seemed to have plenty of space. It's a little bit further, but as you're having to drive anyway only a few minutes. The chair from there would give you an alternate start that would put you into the middle of Les Menuires for a bit of variety.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you, both. Just bumping this up to see if anyone then can recommend any of the rental shops. I see from their website that SkiSet do offer Free Lockers, but I can't work out how convenient it is for the lift or the car parking.

TMOTB
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@TheManOnTheBus, I think the SkiSet shop is near the foot of the drag lift, i.e. in the centre of the old village by the church. Okay if you are staying in the village itself, but there is limited parking in that area. The larger car parks are a bit further south, near the gondola station.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ah yes, thanks, eureuil. I have found a map now. The Intersport is next to the gondola (and big car parks) but I cannot see whether they have ski lockers there.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The guys at the shop by the gondola (on your left as you walk up the short road from the car park) are very good and offer a friendly service. I think I t used to be Twinners, but now I think it is Intersport or possibly Gosport Montaigne. Not sure if the shop is big enough to have ski lockers though. (I doubt it). As well as parking in the village, we tend to park up on the main road where there is a big layby just uphill from where the tunnel/piste goes under the road. Just have to bear in mind that, if you go for a drink by thr gondola at the end of the day, it's a bit of a hike back up, so better to drive the car down to the village first!

The main car park usually has space however, though in peak weeks it can be harder to find a spot.
We tend to lob the skis in the back of the car if there's space or put them on the roof rack at the end of the day -neither of which is too much hassle.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks, @Perty. I guess no lockers. Back of the car it is then ... or hire a roof rack.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Can second @Perty's recommodation regarding hire shops. Last year our friends rented skis from there and they also serviced my snowboard - excellent friendly service. We had an apartment overlooking the large car park and it was never completely full (it was busy) and we were there at new year. No lockers near the base of the gondola that I noticed. You could try asking the hire shop if can you leave your hired skis overnight? I have known many people to do this before but we didn't try in Saint Martin as we were staying so close to the lift.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've stayed in Les Menuires several times. The lift system from St Martin over to the Meribel valley is now greatly improved. St Martin and Les Menuires are good places to stay as the prices are reasonable. Try to avoid eating or drinking over in Courchevel where it can cost €10 for a beer. Nice roller coaster run down to St Martin. Runs on La Masse (Les Menuires) very good.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Try

https://www.alpinresorts.com/en/ski-rental/france/rhone-alpes/saint-martin-de-belleville

for ski hire several shops in St Martin. Use code NEWS101 for extra 5% discount - also look at their group offers 4 plus get another 5%.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sorry I put the wrong discount code for Alpinresorts - its NEWS133 for france (News101 other countries)

admin wrote:
Alternatively, use the code SNOWBALL to get the same discount from Alpinresorts but also benefit snowHeads in a small way.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Other tips...
Arguably THE best run in the 3V is Jerusalem. We love doing a lap around it first thing. Then, at the end if the day, stopping for a hot choc at about 4pm at one of the restaurants ago the bottom of the St Martin express chair (Courbeleys usually), wait till it gets really quiet, jump on the lift to the top,and then blast down Jerulsalem in solitude. Not that it's a run that ever gets busy....wonderful at any time of day, but utter bliss to hurtle down and over the rollers when there's no one else about. Or, if you're lucky, down the side in fresh powder.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We've been going to St. Martin for several years (and liked it so much we bought an apartment there). No ski lockers that I know of. Twinner is now Go Sport Montagne and is conveniently located at the bottom of the main gondola, and across the road from the big car park. There is a free ski bus that does a circuit of the villages, but can't recall if it goes to St Jean.

Agree with Perty re: Jerusalem, which since last season has a blue and red option. The gondola and fast chair give good access to Meribel and Les Menuires, and only a couple of runs and a couple of lifts will get you over to Courchevel.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
resurrecting this old(er) thread. Looking for an advice for a good instructor for a couple days of private tuition (3 hours in the morning) for my 14y old son. He had a few individual coaching sessions before and is a good skier, but he grown quite a bit so a couple of days with a good instructor would be necessary to rediscover his balance, etc. So a good technical instructor is what I am after - EN or FR spoken, former racer probably. Grateful for any hints!
snow report
Luke at the NewGen office in St Martin is a good one.
He did an EoSB for us a couple of years ago and was very well received.
latest report
@admin, thanks, email fired to NewGen!
ski holidays
Ah Jerusalem what a run .............................................
ski holidays
If you like 1st lift then here is good for St Martin . Cross the road, clip in and ski under the bridge to the gondola, right on the piste. here

Anther good one for 1st lift at Les Menuires - You can either go up La Masse or catch the Doron chair for LM or VT, again, almost ski back to your car. Both were free and worked brilliantly for us
here

latest report
St Martin has the cheapest beer in 3V (probably) and very easy access to Meribel via the new Gondolas. When to EOSB last April - it was possible to ski down to St Martin but most bars were shut.
ski holidays
Second admin’s vote for Luke at New Gen- we used him for a friend’s 14 yo daughter last season and it seemed to work well.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy