Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2018 - 2019 (Useful links are added to the first post)

Poster: A snowHead
Alastair wrote:
@rob@rar, do let us know if you get a response.

I get irritated by websites that put style over content but this is taking things to extremes - it's both unattractive and difficult to use. Not a good advertisement for the resort.

Well, they did respond:
Quote:
Bonjour Robert REES,

Thank you for your email. We just launched our new website, and we have a lot to do. Work is not over, it's just the begining. I hope you will love it in few weeks.

Best regards,

So, it will either get better or it will get worse...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
wills_h wrote:
@johnE, It's actually pretty nice in there. The food is great, if a little pricey, but then where isn't, and their wine list is fantastic. The group I ski with have ended up in there on some afternoons when it's been bucketing down with snow and blowing a gale and always had a good time. I've also seen live bands in there on two occasions which were good.

I would add that if you sit outside on a nice day the service can be incredibly slow.
That's my experience as well. Nice, but a bit more expensive that other places.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's a snack bar in the same building on the right had side as you look down the mountain, I've never been in that. it might be where you ended up?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@snowcrazy, You in BSM for the winter? Cam is in Val for the season and I,ll be in BSM end Jan
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Interesting few days ahead. Taken from here https://www.bergfex.com/les-arcs-bourg-saint-maurice/wetter/prognose/
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Intersting, very intersting. Meteo France is forecasting something similar but warmer in Bourg st maurice. It has raised my spirits. That and my lift pass arrived this morning.

Does anyone have any details of the bus to La Rossiere from Bourg this season> I fancy having a look at the new area they have opened.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thefatcontroller wrote:
Interesting few days ahead. Taken from here https://www.bergfex.com/les-arcs-bourg-saint-maurice/wetter/prognose/

That would be lovely!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looks like the forecast snow has started to arrive if you look at the live cams woop woop.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
and a dusting to low which should get better over next 48 hours. There are no low cams in Les Arcs? I use the Champagny, Montablert or Montchavin cams on the La Plagne side.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@thefatcontroller, The lowest cams in the Les Arcs domain are the Vanoise Express and Arc1600. I find the Vanoise express one excellent for determining the snow line and the Arc1600 good for the snow quality low down (it is only 100m from my front door so tells me what it will be like to get back. TBH it shows an alarming amount of vegetation at the moment).
A livecam in Villaroger would be really revealing, but for most of the time a cam in Les Grange would be disheartening. Last season in the loveley snow we had I made it down to La Grange only once and never got right to the bottom at Villaroger.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looking very nice with all the fresh snow down to Arc 1600. Even a light dusting lower down. Check out the webcams later today to see how the conditions for the opening next weekend are developing!

http://app1.webcam-hd.com/lesarcs?fbclid=IwAR0sV3_lKnGUK-rH2Dv02534D7J3wc4QNmbj0OOlhfqCfrnEjM6G73zN-CI

Les Arcs up to it's normal standard. Still no new piste map. If you want to download it from the Peisay Vallandry page use this link. https://en.peisey-vallandry.com/winter/ski-piste-map.html?fbclid=IwAR3VgHHC6EDhzjl9kEPbwzaPSGNqcTHpCFBZUdFBVAaxpW7oLMl5JP5Fy4A
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
But if you want one that also includes Champagny, get the Paradiski one from the La Plagne site: https://winter.la-plagne.com/ski/my-paradiski/ski-area.html
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Booking a last-minute trip to Les Arcs 2000 with my 2 boys (13 and 10) over Christmas. They have only ever been to ESF before, but I am also looking at Evolution 2, since the ESF classes are often dominated by French kids and the boys don't get as much attention (and in pretty broken English)

The older would be doing FreeSki, and the younger is Bronze level.

Any feedback on Evolution2, specifically in 2000? Do they tend to have better English?

(and yes, I looked at NewGen, but it's way out of my price range)

thanks

S
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We had a really bad experience with Evolution2 in Arc 2000 ourselves personally on a private snowboard lesson, complained, got out money back. For the kids we have used ESF for private lessons, quite a few times, very good. I think the standard of english spoken is quite high up in Arc 2000 among instructors?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thefatcontroller wrote:
We had a really bad experience with Evolution2 in Arc 2000 ourselves personally on a private snowboard lesson, complained, got out money back

Wow. If it's not prying too much, what was so awful?
latest report
Looks like a decent amount of snow has fallen overnight and it's still coming down hard.
snow report
@pmercer,

We’re out for Christmas and I’m obsessively watching the webcams. Can’t stop grinning
snow conditions
SpiderJ wrote:
thefatcontroller wrote:
We had a really bad experience with Evolution2 in Arc 2000 ourselves personally on a private snowboard lesson, complained, got out money back

Wow. If it's not prying too much, what was so awful?

No issues asking. i did write about it here, it was about 3 years ago. The instructor seemed bored, smoked his whole way through the lesson and took us in awful conditions to places that were beyond our ability. We booked private for our 3 kids with ESF and 1st time Julien Cormons was assigned. He was brilliant, so good we used his over subsequent years and then 2 years ago he was tasked with converting 2 into snowboarders (one already could) in a week. He achieved that in 3 days.
snow report
@thefatcontroller, i know Julien and I agree he is very good.

@SpiderJ, regarding Evo 2, as with all ski schools you cannot judge the school just by one bad Instructor. If you can get Edgar he is also very good.

It just depends who you get at any Ski School or Guides. Some are great, some not so good.

If your older one is good enough for Freeski group, then ESF in Arc 2000 might be better, but at that level it may be mostly French kids. Evo 2/Spirit in Arc 1950/2000 are in fact the same ski school. They tend to have more English speaking kids, but might meet in Arc 1950 down the piste 5 minutes. For the younger one I would keep him in the ESF system and let him finish all his levels. Hope that helps.

@ecureuil, well spotted. I agree that is a better download. If anyone spots when the new piste map goes live on the Les Arcs webpage please post the link. I presume they will include all areas.
ski holidays
FWIW I put all what I consider to be useful info and weather cams onto a single page which I then visit each morning Smile

https://greghilton.co.uk/snow_forecast/gfsruns.php?select=les+arcs

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 10-12-18 11:51; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
@snowcrazy

Thanks - I know it's always a bit of a crap shoot, and there is a huge variety even within the schools themselves. Argh - the tyranny of choice! Happy

I think it will be easier to have both of them in the same school, meeting in the same place. I'm tempted to try Evolution2, but might just stick with ESF for consistency in levels, etc.
latest report
We used Arc in Motion ski school when we went to Arc 2000 a couple of years ago and they were great with the children.
snow report
Is anyone else having trouble finding the arc 2000 livecam? It seems to have disappeared into thin air!
snow report
@willirvine, any of the cameras seem to disappear from time to time and return. Worry not, a lot of snow has fallen in the past couple of days!
ski holidays
What's happened to the magic carpet lift outside Le Lodge, doesn't seem to be the usual tunnel or lift there?
snow conditions
Need some help on ski hire please. We are staying in PEISEY NANCROIX, it doesn't look there is any ski hire there (actually found one Interski so may go with that)

But there is one lift, Lonzagne up to Peisey Vallandry, I think that's a cage lift, so presumably my daughter could get in that lift with walking shoes on and hire in Peisey Vallandry on the first ski morning?
snow report
@kitenski, I take it you visited https://www.peisey-vallandry.com/magasins-sport-skishops.html
and https://www.best-price-ski-rental.com/en/ski-rental/france/rhone-alpes/peisey-nancroix?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIm_rF6dyX3wIVAijTCh3gQQrJEAAYAyAAEgIraPD_BwE
snow conditions
I did it and wish I hadn't. I looked at today's webcams and live cams and oh dear I now feel sick. Beautiful
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kitenski wrote:
I think that's a cage lift, so presumably my daughter could get in that lift with walking shoes on and hire in Peisey Vallandry on the first ski morning?
Yes.
ski holidays
Some selfcatering apartments on sale in Les Arcs 1800 and 2000 for as little as €10 a night next week.
snow report
@johnE, specially for you:

snow report
@Alastair, Laughing
snow conditions
Quote:

@johnE, specially for you:

Ahhhhh! I'm sat at my desk without even a view of the sky
latest report
Some photos from the Les Arcs tourist office taken today

snow conditions
@rob@rar, Cruel
ski holidays
@thefatcontroller, Laughing

More snow needed I'd say, especially below 2000m. But I'll find out for certain on Friday Happy
snow conditions
@rob@rar, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
@rob@rar, Wrong
latest report
I see from the livecams that the snow making is running full tilt.
ski holidays
Just been out for a ski tour from 2000 village to the top of the Transarc.

Happy to report everything up there is looking in great shape, LOTS of avalanche blasting going on too, but I didn't see any slides coming down.

Pistes are in great nick and there was some nice powder snow to enjoy too. The wind has scoured some aspects, and other aspects are fairly obviously wind-loaded. I've not actually read any avalanche bulletins yet (this has been my first day off in a month!) so I'd advise caution this weekend, lots of people had already skinned up to some fairly interesting areas. But zones around the 'linecatcher bowl' and on similar aspects visually to me looked a bit dangerous, with some small slides already triggered in that bowl.

No idea how things are looking elsewhere, but 1600 had snow cannons on full blast when I drove past.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy