Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2018 - 2019 (Useful links are added to the first post)

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

(which I didn't think was great)

Now ther's an understatement. I didn't think it could be worse, remember the pillow fight flash at the start, but then just to prove it could they came up with this year's design. I wonder if it has been set up as either a case study on how bad web design can be or as an experiment to see if web design has any affect on visitor numbers.

@Gear_Junkie, If you are in Bourg from the first then perhaps the best way to have a look around is to actually walk. There are some very good footpaths in the area through the Malgovert forest. Alternatively rent a bike and get fit. 2 weeks ago I did see people cycling up to Arc 1600, though the ease which one guy was doing it suggested to me that he was cheating and had an electic motor on his bike.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for the reply's. It could be nice to walk up for a look around but I guess my hope of doing a bit of skiing is a non-starter.

Since the website opened my office internet filter has put it on its blacklist, could be a coincidence but it is very annoying!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@rob@rar, do let us know if you get a response.

I get irritated by websites that put style over content but this is taking things to extremes - it's both unattractive and difficult to use. Not a good advertisement for the resort.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alastair wrote:
@rob@rar, do let us know if you get a response.
Not expecting one, it was purely a cathartic experience!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Coo: that site... I believe the phrase is "dated". Along with boring, confusing, complex, and well, dull.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Am I the only person who isn't happy they have replaced the Comborciere?

I always had the idea that most people were put off using it as it was a cold, slow lift, which was a good thing. This meant that first of all, the black coming back down under the lift never got too busy and could be skied in relative comfort. Most people on it didn't have the ability to ski it and usually were all over the place, especially when they got to the moguls on the last pitch near the bottom. Now I can see it turning into an un-skiable minefield of bodies, just because of the extra carrying capacity and will be a no- go zone for those of us that can ski it.

Also, for the same reason, the itinery run area around Malgovert will no longer be the fun place to head for some soft snow for a day or so after a snowfall and will get tracked out within 30 mins of the lift opening.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Pablito, I'm never against an improvement in the lift system. If attracts punters then those punters aren't somewhere else so should all equal out.

And improvements in the lift system, all else equal, means less queuing and less times on lifts, and more time skiing.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Taking that to its (slightly illogical) conclusion, removing the lift altogether would make the Comborciere piste very quiet, and a real haven for those skiers who wanted the mountain almost to themselves. So as @Layne said, a few more people using that chairlift means a few less people elsewhere.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@rob@rar, @Pablito, @Layne, Definitely noticed with the new Pre Saint life that the bowl has got busier but that just means other areas have got quieter. The new lift will make it a through road back to 1600 for ski schools. That said we've just learnt to head elsewhere as it is quiet as everyone is in the bowl. Also fast lifts do make it quicker to get around so ultimately I prefer them, more positives than negatives.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Pablito, Short answer: Yes. long overdue upgrade. Extremely slow and cold and an embarassment to Les Arcs for at least the last 5 years (I remember the T bar before the 3 man chair and what a huge improvement that was). It's a very gentle black compared to the runs off Varet/AR and unless the conditions are good there are often stones/rocks at certain points. As a keen skier based in BSM, would have much preferred having Comborciere upgraded versus Pre St. Espirit.

More interested to see how the new red run impairs the lovely off-piste route from top of Clocheret (cutting right from Muguet).

I reckon Malgovert will remain good fun - unless they signpost it better and piste it - both of which I doubt.

Great to see the investment! Long overdue.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snowing this morning!

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Alastair, are you in resort?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

I reckon Malgovert will remain good fun - unless they signpost it better and piste it - both of which I doubt.

How can they possibly signpost it better. It has a sign at the top showing which way to go. Should it be in neon and flashing. As for pisting, I notice the top is often pisted. After that there is no room for a piste machine. I suspect they are far more likely to simply drop the route completely.
@Alastair, It does, indeed look grim thsi morning https://www.lesarcs.com/livecam-vagere.html Very Happy
Now to negotiate the website and buy my lift pass for the season
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yeah, it looks like it is coming down pretty good right now.

I wonder how much of that will wash away in the next few days though...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
johnE wrote:

Bought mine the day before yesterday
www.lesarcs-peiseyvallandry.ski/en/
snow conditions
@rob@rar, yes - transferring to the PSB tomorrow.
ski holidays
johnE wrote:
Quote:

Cutting it fine...
latest report
Alastair wrote:
@rob@rar, yes - transferring to the PSB tomorrow.
Have a great week up there.
snow report
In case anyone here for the season (or more than about two and a half weeks) has missed the point - BUY YOUR LIFT PASS TODAY!
snow conditions
@rob@rar, I intend to! Then about a week here and back to the UK for Christmas. Back here for New Year.
ski holidays
We've had to change our plans due to daughter having a GCSE the day after we got back. We'd pre-purchased lift passes. The company have been superb and given us 2 passes that can be activated anytime in the next 2 seasons Smile
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:
We've had to change our plans due to daughter having a GCSE the day after we got back. We'd pre-purchased lift passes. The company have been superb and given us 2 passes that can be activated anytime in the next 2 seasons Smile
That's good to hear.
latest report
@kitenski, that seems uncommonly reasonable but entirely in line with the friendly attitude around here. Very Happy
snow report
@Alastair,
Quote:

Cutting it fine...

I've got hours to go yet.
We will be in Les Arcs for one 9 day and one 8 day trip upto the begining of Feb. Then possibly again later in the season. However it was that the pass is applicable in the summer that swung it.
ski holidays
Alastair wrote:
@kitenski, that seems uncommonly reasonable but entirely in line with the friendly attitude around here. Very Happy

I was very pleasantly surprised, especially as the first few lines of the email didn't read well!

Quote:
According to our general conditions , we do not refund ski-passes.
That is why we sell the "Carré Neige Intégral" during the sale process.
As you did not subscribe it, we invite you to contact your personal insurance to check if they take your daughter'case in consideration.
Nevertheless, we can propose you to change the holders of the skipasses or to postpone them later this winter or in 2019-2020.
snow report
Only at the very end of the purchasing process did I discover that we will get our Niveralp points for the purchase. This removed one of our problems with getting a season pass
snow report
Now, of course we will have the pleasure of seeing our pictures flash up at the lifties hut every time we get on the lift.
snow report
It is looking good up there tonight. Been very busy getting stuff ready for the winter. Remember you only have a few more hours to buy your discounted winter season pass so hurry. Also worth people knowing. The conditions for Carte Neige have changed so I have gone for the Carrie Neige season insurance. Seem very similar, but with better medical cover. Disadvantage is that it seems to be only valid in the resort ski areas of your season pass. I presume that includes areas such as La Rosiere and St Foy where our pass still gives us a discount.

Check out the webcams. It looks very good tonight although wet in the valley. But that might change during the night if it stays cold. Maybe we wake up to snow in the valley! That would be nice!

https://en.lesarcs.com/webcams.html
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some decent snowfall over the next 48 hours. Should create for a good base for the season.
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
Some decent snowfall over the next 48 hours. Should create for a good base for the season.

You spoke to soon. Ugh, very high snowline, nearly washed everything in 1950 away.
snow conditions
@thefatcontroller, Bleah. looking u.g.l.y up there.

C'mon weather Gods, I'm supposed to be skiing in 13 days...
snow report
Forecast is beginning to look a bit more hopeful from next weekend, at least in terms of the trend for decreasing temperatures and possibility some white precipitation. Plenty of time for things to turn around, but get your dancin' shoes on...
ski holidays
Freezing level looks to be dropping too. I’m not out until January 22nd but I’m already webcam watching Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Interesting week ahead

snow report
Well let’s hope that forecast comes off!! @thefatcontroller,
snow conditions
It was snowing again today/last night and more is forecast.

Anyone coming out for the first day of the season. Some of us will be going up on the 10am Funi for a ski wherever there is snow.

For those that want to meet later for a Coffee, Snack or Hot Chocolate. We plan on arriving at the Mushroom (Bulle cafe) in the Arc 2000 bowl just above the bottom of the Arcabulle Chairlift at 12 noon on Saturday.

An easy first day ski as in previous years and a chance to say high to everyone before heading off to do your own thing!

Everyone is welcome, hope to see many old faces and maybe a few new ones! Be good to put a face to some of the new people that have been chatting on Snowheads if you are out for the first day.

This is a much better link for looking at the webcams! Thank's John.
http://app1.webcam-hd.com/lesarcs
snow report
Can anyone recommend ski and boot hire in PEISEY-NANCROIX?
latest report
I was just looking at the livecams (yes it's snowing again) and looked at the mile8 building. If I recall I went in once when it was raining and thought the place pretty grim. Does anyone use it and what do they think of it.

I'm not talking about the swimming pool which I quite like but this place
https://www.lesarcs.com/livecam-le-lodge.html
snow report
@johnE, It's actually pretty nice in there. The food is great, if a little pricey, but then where isn't, and their wine list is fantastic. The group I ski with have ended up in there on some afternoons when it's been bucketing down with snow and blowing a gale and always had a good time. I've also seen live bands in there on two occasions which were good.

I would add that if you sit outside on a nice day the service can be incredibly slow.
latest report
@wills_h, I must have ended up in the wrong place: a few high, uncomfortable plastic chairs and tables, not particularly clean. Service, however was good. It remided me of hotel at Vitosha.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy