Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dr Bob RIP (White / Dark Doctor)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A message has been posted on Dark Doctors facebook page announcing that Dr Bob - Eric Bobrowicz - died 12th August.

I love his skis. A true innovator.

Some links...

https://www.ledauphine.com/skichrono/2018/08/13/montagne-deces-de-d-eric-bobrowicz-fondateur-de-la-marque-white-doctor

https://www.dici.fr/actu/2018/08/13/hautes-alpes-deces-d-eric-bobrowicz-createur-skis-white-doctor-1167279

https://www.dark-doctor.fr/en
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes tragic news indeed.

Here in Serre Che it's all been a big shock.

I was only with Bob ten or so days ago in the 1420 Bar where many of his old skis make up the decor.

When we first came to Serre, his shop was literally at the bottom of our road.

The first TwinTips I bought were such a revelation, and still bring the Inner Kid/Dude out in me. I actually loaned them to an American friend for a few days lasts season and he loved the fun factor too.

Every season on the hill we'd have a "Bob Ski" day and lunch at Pi Mai

He also designed for Rossignol, and the Monster Swallow Tail SnowBoard I had, The Undertaker was one of his designs.

And please do not turn this thread into let's have a go at White Doctor, which has been so often the case in the past, and one of the reasons I did not post his demise on here!

Picture from a few years ago

latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So he did some great work for Rossi ( I probably rode one of his designed boards back in the day) and the Undertaker was a beast. The Scratch was a surprisingly good ski (if a bit hampered by the jib jabby image & probably lagging behind the 1080 and Public Enemy in public consciousnes outside France. Not sure of how much of the Bandit range he was responsible for.

The White Doctor story though does intrigue me - what was his version of events?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
very sad news.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Dave of the Marmottes, I did allude to the fact that I didn't really want to go there, but hopefully people will show some respect.

I never got a straight answer from him on the subject, though I only asked him once and never again, as it was obvious he did not want to go there.

My take on it FWIW: was that originally he gave birth to the brand Ride Doctor, I'm not sure of the year but as you can was a good ten years plus ago

Bob was not a corporate marketer and he did shoot from the hip and not give a stuff, that was part of his charm, bit like a classic surfboard shaper - and one of his straplines was "No Nano Bullshite Technology".

With RideDoctor he had to backtrack as Ride US took umbrage at his brand.

Then things get a tad misty / messy as he quickly switched to White Doctor, probably not giving a stuff or not aware of other up and coming brands, plus I'm not too sure exactly of the timings - though I do know many people say he ripped the logo off, but as you can see he had that logo in the Ride Doctor days.

He loved the concept of the "Doctor" and there's many an image with him and a stethoscope and his skis.

He had a few issues with funding and ski manufacturing and instead turned to running a little wine business just along from me in the next hamlet.

Then last year he came back with the Dark Doctor brand.

The skis I use on piste are also White Doctor, FT8's
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Weathercam, Probably pretty much as I expected story wise. Obviously a character in the industry and locally. Hard to make money as a small outfit in hardgoods though no matter how good your CV.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bad news...My favourite piste skis are White Doctor FT8s and they are amazing. I am lucky to have a pair that were one of the last that were manufactured on a new design. For off piste I have LT9s and they are so versatile. Simple skis but amazing...a ski design genius!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy