Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montriond accessibility

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

We had booked a catered chalet in Morzine but the owner of the chalet decided to not renew the lease and we now have to find a new place to stay. The chalet company have been really good and have given us three options all with availability. One of these is ten mins walk from the centre of Morzine which is ok, but the other two are in Montriond.

I’ve been looking at the transport situation of staying in Montriond. The chalet organises a shuttle, so no major issues on a daily basis but it’s really just if we wanted a night out that we have concerns. The ski buses appear to stop at 5pm so what do you do after? Are there any restaurant / bar options in Montriond itself? Any thoughts on Montriond? Good location? Any issues?

Appreciate any advice

Sid
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Montriond is a very quiet small village. I have stayed here before it gives great access to the Lindarets lifts in a morning which is around a 10 minute car journey away. As for nightlife it’s none existent and other than a hotel situated near the lake, there really isn’t anything else. If nightlife forms part of your ski holiday then stay elsewhere unless you are happy getting taxis to and from the accommodation to Morzine. If I were you I’d stay in morzine
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@kosciosco, will they shuttle you to Morzine or not in the evening?

There used to be rather a good restaurant in Montriond, very not special in appearance but excellent food. I haven't eaten there in maybe 15 years however.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They will provide a shuttle, but we tend to like to get back to the chalet, get changed and then go find a bar to wind down in before dinner. Also on the chalet staff's night off we might have some issues getting back from Morzine if there is little available in Montriond.

I don't mind small places, have stayed in La Tania the last two years, but don't want to be in a location which is really just a hamlet full of chalets and nothing else.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@kosciosco, iirc, there is a restaurant, a pizzeria and a couple of bars. You may be able to get a taxi to Morzine or Lac Montriond which has a couple of restos.

Staff night off when I was doing seasons meant staff out to earn an extra buck for little work wink so maybe bribery is an option?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The village of Montriond is a flat 25 min walk from morzine (from super morzine). As previously stated there is a pizza restaurant and another little hotel bar.......

The Marmotte d'Or is a nice little bar/tabac in Montriond village.

https://lamarmottedor.com/

The last bus is about 17:30/18:00hrs (It's the 'M' bus).

Taxis are an option on chalet night off.

If the Chalet is anywhere near Lac Montriond then that's a bit too far to walk.

Montriond village is lots quieter than La Tania but as stated only 25min walk to Morzine.

Is the bus into Morzine and the Chalet Shuttle back an option?

@under a new name, it was probably this place you had the good meal at......

http://www.hotel-montrond.com/
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy