Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Warren Smith biomechanics evenings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got an e mail saying they have announced the dates for their "ski Technique Lab Tour" this year. Last year it sold out reasonably quickly I think. Might be of interest to get your ski-related biomechanics tested and get some exercises? £10 for a 2 hour evening session, various venues around the UK (yes, including the North!)
Never been, might go this year, heard some good feedback previously.
Tickets and info via https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/warren-smith-ski-academy-17635690693.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Your link has a rogue . at the end that breaks it...
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/warren-smith-ski-academy-17635690693

We discussed these last year, so you might find the previous thread interesting...
http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2940174

For me, it was basically an evening around the 3 tests (that are on the webpage you posted), two of which were measured, with stretches suggested to improve your measurements, moderately interesting but not startling - if you've read WS's column in the Telegraph S+S magazine you've probably seen most of it before. For 8 quid (last year) with Ellis Brigham throwing in some free beers it wasn't a bad way to spend an evening- especially for me considering the EB store is a couple of minutes from my office. I'm not sure I'd have bothered with travelling any kind of distance to get to it though.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Does anyone know how many of the Warren Smith coaches have Sports Biomechanics qualifications (i.e. BSc, MSC)? Is it a prerequisite for a job in his ski academy?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Andybag, no I don't think it is a prerequisite for joining the coaching team.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yikes ………….. I got a Physics Degree, plus a post grad research in Biomechanics (Leeds) with the world leading knee/ACL prosthetic replacement provider and think there's a significant amount of BS involved …. Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hmmm, I think, as I understand it, I get 27 ish cm on the ankle drop and ~90 degrees on the foot rotation.

Don’t really understand the leg slidey in thing but I think I can do it no probs, no shakiness.

Is this a good thing?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Tubaski, thanks. Darn that punctuation, trying to include a link within a sentence ending with a full stop rolling eyes
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@under a new name,

Quote:

Hmmm, I think, as I understand it, I get 27 ish cm on the ankle drop and ~90 degrees on the foot rotation.

Don’t really understand the leg slidey in thing but I think I can do it no probs, no shakiness.

Is this a good thing?

I believe there are more sophisticated and progressive ski conditioning exercises / stretches out there.
'Total Skiing' by Chris Fellows is my recommendation. wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@T_Hee, thank you but I don’t feel any need to augment my ski conditioning Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy