Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

skiing weekends in March 2019

Poster: A snowHead
I have looked back over the last few years as to when we have grabbed some long weekends, flying into GVA on a thursday eve and then flying back Monday late. It's often been around the last week of March. Maybe that's not such a good idea in 2019....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I intend to be at my apartment when the UK leaves the EU.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am definitely not going to be in the UK
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@under a new name, ...where I don’t want to be is sitting in GVA with 50,000 fellow flyers banished from the EU, and unable to take flights because of a ‘crash out’ Brexit.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
valais2 wrote:
@under a new name, ...where I don’t want to be is sitting in GVA with 50,000 fellow flyers banished from the EU, and unable to take flights because of a ‘crash out’ Brexit.

Good point - it's a sneaky way of possibly getting in some extra skiing

"Well we were supposed to be flying back yesterday but as you know Brexit means Brexit so I can't see me being back in the office for a week unless you've got a time machine and can fix June 2016"
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
There will be some considerations, such as I will get an international driving license.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Dave of the Marmottes, sounds like a plan!

@valais2, I suspect I'm opening a can of worms here
for the avoidance of doubt, I'm completely in the Bremain camp
... but why would Brexit affect Brits
assuming you are British
flying to the UK from Switzerland?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think it will affect flying anywhere, won't it (not just overflying places like France) all our flying arrangements will have to be renegotiated, given that we are currently part of EU arrangements, rather than bilateral ones. That might be rubbish, of course - I can't claim to have read much about it!!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Gämsbock, depends whether our agreement with Switzerland is direct or as part of the EU as @pam w, says.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Gämsbock, all UK aviation s currently regulated under EU rules.

Nothing will be able to fly in, out, around or over the UK.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@under a new name, strangely, for something connected to Brexit and the EU, it’s all rather complex. See FT articles. Easyjet etc all busy setting up European-based subsidiaries. The problem is unravelling things which took a long time to set up, and will take time re getting alternative agreements in place. Er....which describes just about every aspect of Brexit.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've got £10 here that I'm willing to bet that won't be the case.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
valais2 wrote:
Easyjet etc all busy setting up European-based subsidiaries.

Easyjet is now an Austrian company with offices in the UK.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There is a thread about this (probably in apres) if you can bear to trawl through it
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@adithorp, indeed...scare-mongering is rife. I’m still not flying on that day though, for work or pleasure.
ski holidays
@valais2, problem being that anything UK related that’s currently regulated by EASA will not be regulated after midnight CET on the 29th. (And there is not the time to put anything else in place, even where it is legally possible).

So no UK registered, operated aircraft can fly, no UK licenced pilots, no airports, no ATC, and arguably no aircraft containing parts manufactured in the UK, or serviced in the UK.

Nothing. Not one little bit. Not even e.g. domestic only services like police helicopters, air ambulances, non-military search and rescue.

But don’t worry, it’ll all be fine...
latest report
under a new name wrote:
@Gämsbock, all UK aviation s currently regulated under EU rules.

Nothing will be able to fly in, out, around or over the UK.

Wow. I know Brexit is a shitstorm but...

adithorp wrote:
I've got £10 here that I'm willing to bet that won't be the case.

This!

holidayloverxx wrote:
There is a thread about this (probably in apres) if you can bear to trawl through it

Thanks. I don't think I'm quite bored enough. Yet... Toofy Grin

Thanks for the explanations.
latest report
@Gämsbock, well, as things stand, that’s what has to happen.

Read and weep. https://ec.europa.eu/transport/sites/transport/files/legislation/brexit-notice-to-stakeholders-air-transport.pdf

No deal? No flights.

End of story.

P.S. the UK was highly instrumental in writing the rules so it’s only fair, surely, that it plays by them?
snow report
@under a new name, I'll be quite happy with no deal Happy
snow report
@under a new name, I know the argument, I just say flights will fly in/out/around/over UK. My £10 should be easy money if you take the bet.
ski holidays
@adithorp, while the rational side of me thinks “surely they wouldn’t let it get to that”.... that side has been caught out so often and badly in the last two years that I can easily see the worst economic catastrophe since WW2 happen to a developed nation.
latest report
under a new name wrote:
@valais2, problem being that anything UK related that’s currently regulated by EASA will not be regulated after midnight CET on the 29th. (And there is not the time to put anything else in place, even where it is legally possible).

So no UK registered, operated aircraft can fly, no UK licenced pilots, no airports, no ATC, and arguably no aircraft containing parts manufactured in the UK, or serviced in the UK.

Nothing. Not one little bit. Not even e.g. domestic only services like police helicopters, air ambulances, non-military search and rescue.

But don’t worry, it’ll all be fine...

How many of the world's airliners have Rolls-Royce engines?
latest report
I can see all kinds of people up to all kinds of no good taking advantage of a post-Brexit situation in which full application of "the rools" will be impractical in the short term.
snow report
@Rabbie, yep, many. All screwed.
ski holidays
Could be busy on the Scottish slopes this Spring.

What leads you to think that we are a developed nation ? Sad
snow report
Be careful what you wish for...or vote for!
snow conditions
Quote:

How many of the world's airliners have Rolls-Royce engines?

Surely those built before March 2019 were built in the EU under EU regs?
snow conditions
@leggyblonde, I think you will find that there is a bit of maintenance between whenever engines were build and the present moment...

None of which, if performed in the Uk or by a UK regulated tech, will be valid...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@under a new name, yeah I realise that but the implication was that all planes with RR engines would be grounded on Brexit day which I don't think would be the case
snow conditions
@leggyblonde,

You are the CEO of an airline.

Your RR engines cease to be “in order” 23:59 CET 29.3.19

You insurers won’t insure you.

Do you operate or not?
snow report
@under a new name, I don't understand why they are suddenly not "in order". Built in the EU, serviced in the EU up to that point. As long as the ongoing service plan allows for EU servicing, what changes?

Apologies for the thread drift, I realise our discussion has nothing to do with brits abroad with a british airline!
latest report
@leggyblonde, because (we are oresuming “no deal” here) the mechanisms for regulating and certifying all of the operating elements of UK air traffic will cease to exist.

Legally, that means they effectively never existed.
ski holidays
@under a new name, that's really interesting! I never would have thought that it means they never would have existed.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy