Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Canazei

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone give details of access to the new lift out of Canazei near Alba from Chalet Traviata?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What do you want to know?

https://www.fassa.com/EN/Ski-area-Belvedere-Col-Rodella/

It goes from Alba to Col dei Rossi - from the same place as the Alba Ciampac lift.

Don't think Chalet Traviata is near that lift.

Just take the skibus - few minutes.

Come early!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The common comment is the the Chalet Traviata is a 10min. walk to the main Canazei lift but as yet nothing of the new lift. Is the new one less used than the older lift?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Alba lifts are about a 5 min bus ride from the main Canazei lift station. Given where the Chalet is, I would get the bus to Alba
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for that. Does your knowledge extend to the area behind Alba which is now linked up since I was last in the Dolomites. Looks like a circuit around to Pozza. Is the bus up the valley to Canazei covered by the area liftpass. Is the snow good enough in late February to ski down to Pozza.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@GrumpyM, I’ve done the run down to Pozza a few times in early February with many other Snowheads with no problems. Obviously can’t predict what conditions will be like next year, but should probably be ok. The bus used to be included but not sure now. We got the bus to Vigo last season that we had to pay for, but we skied back over to Alba.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@GrumpyM,
Can't remember details of the bus I have a feeling there was a modest charge for the weekly ticket. In a poor snow year the runs to Pozza were well covered by snow cannons on our visit.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@GrumpyM, Not sure why you’d want the bus because you can easily ski to Pozza from Canezei and back again with a good lunch stop. As I say we skied over from Arabba and managed a few runs in Vigo and still skied back to Arabba.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
"..Not sure why you’d want the bus because you can easily ski to Pozza from Canazei"

A long walk from the Chalet to the lifts, hence the bus to the Alba lifts
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
No doubt it will become clearer when we get there, but the connection between Pera and Pozza must be a shuttle bus.
This year I'll probably get down Val Gardenia, get up the Marmolada, revisit Arabba and the run down to LA Villa before taking the trip to Pozza. Plenty to do based at Canazei rather than Selva.
Thanks for your help.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@albob, Sorry I misunderstood and was thinking about a bus back to Canazei. Embarassed You did miss my “and back again” on your quote that showed my error. Blush
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@geepee, and my apology for the misquote (I didn't read the 'and back again' bit …!)

@GrumpyM, Have a look at this video from out very own cameronphillips

http://youtube.com/v/m0bjXnhGJ9Q

also, download the dolomitisuperski 3D map, an invaluable resource

https://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en/ski-area/ski-map
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great video, thanks!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
GrumpyM wrote:
No doubt it will become clearer when we get there, but the connection between Pera and Pozza must be a shuttle bus.
This year I'll probably get down Val Gardenia, get up the Marmolada, revisit Arabba and the run down to LA Villa before taking the trip to Pozza. Plenty to do based at Canazei rather than Selva.
Thanks for your help.

There is indeed a shuttle bus between Pera and Pozza, on my last visit we were staying in Pera and had a car so I don't know what the charges are.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
https://www.fassa.com/EN/Skibus-service/
snow report
Thanks for the bus routes.
I was thinking that a good circuit would be to ski Alba to Pozza, then up the valley and into the Sella circuit from Campitello and anticlockwise to the Bellvedere?
snow conditions
I'd ski the Alba-Pozza bit, and then ski back to Alba. That way you get to ski all the pistes in that sector, rather than just the outward half of the pistes. And that sector is definitely recommended.
Just use the bus between the chalet and either the Belvedere or Alba/Penia lift, depending on what's most convenient.
snow report
Is the bus ticket restricted to Val de Fassa or could it be used in the Val Gardena area too?
latest report
GrumpyM wrote:
Is the bus ticket restricted to Val de Fassa or could it be used in the Val Gardena area too?

Just Fassa valley ::
snow conditions
To anyone who has stayed in the Chalet Traviata, some rooms are shown as having a bath. Should I assume the bath will have a shower attachment? There are 8 rooms booked by us and most of us prefer a shower so there will be a scramble to get a shower room. Any info?
snow conditions
We got a bus ticket through our hotel which was cheaper than the tourist office. I think it was €7 for the week. Certainly less than 10
ski holidays
GrumpyM wrote:
Thanks for your help.

Val di Fassa is cheaper than Val Gardena for a reason.

Selva is the premium resort on the SR because of it's position and easy access to all areas. Canazei is Sella Ronda lite. It's strung out along the valley and stuck out on a limb.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy