Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whaddya Need, Watchya Getting 2018

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Worth keeping an eye o TK Maxx
They had Level brand gloves last season for a 3rd of the retail price

Got myself a goretex pair in there last year for £20.

Also got a pair of Atomic Vantage 100cti with Marker F10s at an absolute steal from Sport Bittl to replace my nearly 10 year old Rossi S5 all rounders.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Forgot about this purchase - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002GOHCOA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=amz07b-21

They say "adjustable keyboard stand", I say "fold-away sky servicing bench". Pleasingly stable and much better balanced than the "plank of wood on a workmate" bench I was using before, which anted to tip when you were trying to scrape the ends of the skis.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@clarky999

Quote:

Maaaaybe also the new Full Tilt tech boot, or similar Dalbellos (fell in love with the 3-piece flex last season).

I got sick of waiting for the full tilts to come out so bought some dalbellos. They are really nice but I wish I'd bought the classic, narrower (98mm?) last rather than the new one. Totally my fault - couldn't find a convenient stockist so bought off t'internet. They still ski well but I'm using a pair of chunky wrap intuition liners that I already had for lift served days for a bit of extra performance.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

@RobH2017,
Quote:

Went to the HH outlet in Cham for a new jkt for me as old one was getting baggy and came out after equipping the whole family with new gear head to toe.

Did you get any discount? This is what I'm thinking, new HH jacket, trousers and maybe gloves, cos mine are are all 7 years old minimum.

Yes, really heavy discount across the lot hence why I spent so much; it seemed crazy to wait for 18/19 winter to replace even though still a few months before they'll all get worn. About 30%+ on average.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just scored a pair of Thermic footbed heaters half price at EB Smile current one failed Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I got a set of proper ski vices for my anniversary present. Looking forward to using them soon instead of rigging up all sorts of stuff to try and achieve the same.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@NickyJ, romance not dead then 😃
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Maireadoconnor, I'm not sure where exactly you are eyeing them up, but BC have come up at least twice on https://www.privatesportshop.co.uk/ I picked up some Daemons for £208!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tossing up between Oakley (in Goretex) or Stellar for my next jacket and trousers. Advice welcome.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
spyderjon wrote:
Scarlet wrote:
@spyderjon must've taken some time off from sunbathing. In the last hour I have taken delivery of the Superguide 95s plus skins that I've had my eye on for the last 18 months. And they're this season's so they match my outfit Laughing .......

Scarlet, I've just booked a few days break in Sept before for the winter season kicks off again in Oct - thanks for paying for it for me x

Err, no probs Laughing

I've just sharpened the edges up to 87° and am waiting for the wax to cool. Should a flake of snow hit this fine city (probably not just yet, it's still 30°C), they'll be ready to rock Cool

Incidentally, I'm not sure what the “3D” stickers they're festooned with are all about. They'd be rubbish if they were 2D.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bar shaker wrote:
Tossing up between Oakley (in Goretex) or Stellar for my next jacket and trousers. Advice welcome.

I did message Stellar mid July asking if they are releasing any new colours for their shell jacket and trousers. They said yes in about a month. But didn’t reveal what colours. I’m waiting to see...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
No new hardwear (and trying to keep it that way...) but a new Norrona jacket and pants and some Oakley shades at the end of last season. A few new pieces I can use as midlayers too.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mjit wrote:
Forgot about this purchase - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002GOHCOA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=amz07b-21

They say "adjustable keyboard stand", I say "fold-away sky servicing bench". Pleasingly stable and much better balanced than the "plank of wood on a workmate" bench I was using before, which anted to tip when you were trying to scrape the ends of the skis.

Ditto. I bought keyboard music stand to make a servicing bench. Adjustable height and width. Rock solid. Can tune the edges as well.

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If I had enough money to buy lots of new gear, I'd spend it on going to another Bash, instead of just the BB. Confused

Having said that; I do like the look of the new Rossi Experience 88 Ti's, and Sail and Ski do interest free credit. Twisted Evil

Hmmm, I might see if there is a pair I can test at Oktobertest North first. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Awdbugga, I would suggest that you need a proper scraper, instead of a snowboard one.
snow conditions
rjs wrote:
@Awdbugga, I would suggest that you need a proper scraper, instead of a snowboard one.

I like the wider scraper for doing the tips and tails.
ski holidays
Everyone bar son got a pair of nearly new skis this year , we dont ski enough to warrant buying new and happy enough for someone else to take the deprecation from new. Keen to try out the pair of Supershape i.Magnums this year. Son got a pair last year but at the rate he is growing they will be too short , oh well just consider them slalom length now, as will his jacket and salopettes. Luckily I have been keeping an eye out for a bargain and snagged a pair of fetching orange salopettes that better matched my jacket to be given to me for my birthday - "what a surprise, its exactly what I wanted/needed!" - so he can inherit my worn once salopettes from last year, bought on spec but which didnt really match the jacket, if he wants a pair that finish below the tops of his boots. Beggars can't be choosers! Just need to sort out a jacket for him and hope the other one doesnt grow as fast to at least get 2 seasons from each bit of clothing.
snow report
Oh and had to buy him some snow boots, he now wears shoes as big or bigger than mine. Stop growing! But at least if I can wear them too I dont mind spending more on them so got some Sorels.
snow report
skimottaret wrote:
Just scored a pair of Thermic footbed heaters half price at EB Smile current one failed Sad

Good spot, One of my Sidas batteries has packed up (for the second time, but now out of warranty) and I was looking for a replacement battery, but actually cheaper to buy the Thermics on this offer. I even managed to resist the temptation to buy the gadget to charge my phone from them. Thanks for the tip off.
In other news, if anyone needs one spare Sidas Pro battery I can cut you a deal Wink
snow report
Themasterpiece wrote:
bar shaker wrote:

I did message Stellar mid July asking if they are releasing any new colours for their shell jacket and trousers. They said yes in about a month. But didn’t reveal what colours. I’m waiting to see...

I'll also be looking at Musto, when they release their 2019 ski range. Stellar looks good and I've seen a few people wearing it last season. The new fabrics sound good, I'm just reluctant to move away from the proven properties of Goretex.
ski holidays
andy1234 wrote:
@NickyJ, romance not dead then 😃

Definitely not, and he got a new transmitter for his radio controlled gliders he likes to build and fly.

We know what each of us love doing Happy
ski holidays
Probably new salopettes...again. I find mine keep shrinking. Must be all that snow. Big Wink
ski holidays
Hmm someone's been clearing up on the S&R site with their additional discount on sale items. Had a look at a couple of things last night. Go in to pull a trigger today and gone..... Unless they've deliberately been delisted.
snow conditions
Shifts coming from @Spyderjon's preorder list mean I need new boots. @CEM has just squeezed my feet into a pair of Atomic Hawx Ultra XTDs small enough to properly hold my skinny chicken heels. Will be Very Happy once my toes recover from the torture needed to make enough room at the front Shocked
ski holidays
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Hmm someone's been clearing up on the S&R site with their additional discount on sale items. Had a look at a couple of things last night. Go in to pull a trigger today and gone..... Unless they've deliberately been delisted.

If you go to the Snow & Rock site via Quidco, you (eventually!) get 4% cashback.
snow report
@RobH2017, cheers! Very Happy
snow report
Getting a new 4wd next year, which is the only way to realistically get to a ski field for me. Kids will have all moved on by then, so don't need a big one, and have put my name down for the new Jimny when it goes on sale.
latest report
Need; Nothing. Getting: Too much... already!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@adithorp, it all depends how you define "need" wink
ski holidays
@mgrolf, well not as "want"

So far I've got new sunnies, salopettes, helmet and a pair of secondhand skis.
latest report
I should probably get a new Airbag as mine is now 12 years old. As with a lot of things these days (inc Airbags, mountainbikes, cars, touring skins etc) technology moves on so fast that I'm overwhelmed by the options and end up procrastinating. (...….. goes off to find airbag threads.)
snow report

Restoring some orange into my life.
snow report
tangowaggon wrote:

Cool Cool Cool Cool Whoa!! You know when you've been Tango'd.
snow report
@Daishan, where did you order the electric airbag? Thinking about this myself.....a lot to spend so procrastinating!
snow conditions
Bennyboy1 wrote:
@Daishan, where did you order the electric airbag? Thinking about this myself.....a lot to spend so procrastinating!

From me.
latest report
tangowaggon wrote:

Great colour. What make is that?
snow report
This down jacket was a great price and fit my proportions well. I have no idea how I resisted it

snow report
bar shaker wrote:
tangowaggon wrote:

Great colour. What make is that?

It's a Nevica, £50 from sports direct (I think) I got salopettes for £20, both at 80% discount but I think the salopettes might be too warm.
latest report
https://www.sportsdirect.com/nevica-vail-ski-jacket-mens-408433?colcode=40843370
snow report
holidayloverxx wrote:
@Maireadoconnor, nothing a bit of duct tape won't fix Laughing

Waterproof duct tape would be most appropriate. Toofy Grin

Late to the party...

What do I NEED? Time to use all the skis I've got.

What have I gotten? More skis (because a mate is moving) that I haven't got enough time to use! rolling eyes

Truth being, I could use a pair of new boots. But that's a fairly long and involved process, to have them fitted, mod'ed if need be, break in... So I've been procrastinating in getting that "process" started...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy