Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The cheapest way to ski?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just did a check on skyscanner for cheapest flight from Scotland (or Glasgow) to Innsbruck. Flight was £175 return 6/1/19-13/1/19 with BA via LHR. Actually it was not the cheapest, but it had the best combination of short flight total duration and price.

I have checked the baggage allowance, and my ski bag dimensions. With BA you can take 23kg which would include skis and boots if you can get them all in a 190cm bag. My skis being 180s are fine, and the bag measures about 191cm. (I can squash it shorter) So I can get my skis, boots, poles, and clothes all in the bag (I am not sure about weight but 23kg sounds ok). So although the flight sounds expensive, actually with ski carriage it is quite cheap.

So, there you go. You can save £3.50 by walking from the airport, and get there for £175. Perhaps there is a cross country ski route from the airport to Innsbruck?

This makes it a contender for the £100 per day all in price, due to the lack of transfer cost! I have not skied in Innsbruck (although I have done Solden and St Anton), so it is tempting even for me, a tight walleted Scotsman.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Grizzler wrote:
I would also generally say cheaper dates and last minute (or not, but keep eye out for early to autumn offers like 1/2 price passes, free hire etc) via TO (Crystal usually cheapest) or online agent. Not sure how well it works for singletons though.

Not usually good as you basically pay the full price for the apartment you're in, plus a lot of the lift pass deals a 2 for 1 or the like. Think the best deal I managed was pre-Christmas week to La Tania with Crystal and that came in at £850 including flights, lift pass & rental. I've stopped looking now though, I'm usually either on a Bash or have met enough people through sHs that I no longer have to ski alone.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Go on a University run ski trip - we used to have loads of hangers on to make up the numbers. Cheapest way (from the uk) to ski in europe.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
5th-12th Jan:

Return flight from Ltn to Turin (+1 bag) - £79.
Bus+train+bus return to Sauze - £16
Share Airbnb flat with another - £200
Lift pass - £200
Ski rental - £50
One pint of lager and as much pizza as you can eat at the village cafe for 7 days - £35
Bread, butter, ham, cereal, milk - £6
Extra curricular beer - £114

Total £700

@Bigtipper, i too am a tight Scotsman.
Little Angel
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As you’ll see from my signature...I like Les Arcs. It is also great for a budget.
Feb 2018:
Eurostar to Paris £70 return pp
SNCF to Bourg £100 return pp
Airbnb flat £530 for 2 people
Lift pass 6 days £200pp
Ski & boot hire £80pp
So just over £700 for week skiing in the most popular week of the year.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Looks like a challenge has been laid down...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy