Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Evasion Mont Blanc - Megeve/St Gervais/Combloux/Les Contamines - 23/24

Poster: A snowHead

Les Saisies looking good this morning - Contamines in the middle distance!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@pam w, It was good at that spot this afternoon too.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@rjs, snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi we are based in Les Carroz this season and thinking of trying Megeve/St Gervais for a change tomorrow, using our days on season pass. Would anyone there be able to let me know on current conditions, recommendations for which area. Also best place to park, never been to this area before. Many thanks in advance.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I plan to head there this weekend, for the same reason (season pass invites and change of scenery). We'll probably park in Princesse (in Demi-Quartier) if we can get going early enough and avoid the Sallanches Saturday mess.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Motherof3 wrote:
Hi we are based in Les Carroz this season and thinking of trying Megeve/St Gervais for a change tomorrow, using our days on season pass. Would anyone there be able to let me know on current conditions, recommendations for which area. Also best place to park, never been to this area before. Many thanks in advance.

Can you share the same info for Flaine? We will stay in Cluses and are thinking about Flaine on Saturday. Mostly looking for nice blue slopes and may go to reds too.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@patrick!, thanks re parking
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@snowyc, am skiing in Flaine now. Conditions are excellent after recent heavy snow. Good blues are crystal, serpentine. Also mephisto (both red and blue sections) are in great shape. Fairly quiet today on piste.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Motherof3, Can you either here or in GM thread give some advice please regarding parking and starting station? I've never been there so not sure, when travelling from Cluses, whether to start in Les Carroz and take lift or better/safer to go straight to Flaine.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Motherof3, we were skiing in St Gervais on Monday but home now. At that point the snow was getting very slushy but now temperatures have dropped and more snow has fallen it is looking much better on the webcams.

For parking either Princesse (off the roundabout just south of Combloux) or St Gervais. Unless things have changed the pistes down the Princesse side are closed (they don't have snowmaking) which means you have to download from the top - though normally you would download from the mid-station anyway. To return to St Gervais you would download to Bettex and then download on the lower gondola.

Where to ski? Maybe @Idris can give the lowdown on how the Rochebrune side is skiing at the moment, usually working your way over to Cote 2000* and back is fun (and there are some nice runs over there), otherwise to St Nicholas. My guess is wherever you are the lower altitudes will get soft by the afternoon.

[Top tip: don't give away your grocklishness by saying "Cote Two Thousand", it is "Cote Deux Milles"].
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@snowyc, have sent you DM re parking.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@j b, thanks that’s very helpful
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have the chance to go to Saint Gervais this weekend I am a blue run cruiser and concerned that the snow won’t be very good, what would you do
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's probably better than it's been for much of the season. I'd go, and if it's not very nice, spend a lot of time in a nice restaurant or bar.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Shaggy39, probably won't be that bad in the mornings, but at worst you might find yourself doing loops of higher runs in the afternoon to avoid the slush. Or sitting outside a cafe enjoying a coffee or beer. Make sure you get up there early in the day.

And at worst, it is easy to take the bus up to Les Contamines where the snow tends to hold better (though more exposed if the weather turns nasty). 0835 bus from the roundabout by the bridge, a few minutes later from behind the telecabine, gets you to the Les C lift at 0900. Returns at 1500 if getting too warm, or 1650.

And @pam w's advice is good, there are some very nice restaurants and bars.
snow report
It's not just about honking round being athletic and heroic.....
snow conditions
Just to report back on our day trip to St Gervais today. What a beautiful area this is, with stunning views at every turn. Absolutely stunning. It was very warm today, as expected, but we were able to ski back to Bettex. Spent our time covering Mont Joly, down to Chattrix with Croix de Christ and as far down to Mont Rosset. The snow was sticky by early afternoon but holding up really well. Very much enjoyed our trip to a new area for us so thanks to those who helped out.
ski holidays
@Motherof3, glad you enjoyed it. As you say, the views of the Mont Blanc massif really make it (as long as the visibility is good).

Your snow report is encouraging for my brother-in-law, heading out tomorrow.
snow report
We were Jaillet side, great skiing first thing, sticky by lunch. So if you are going, get up early, ski the morning hard and the relax over a nice long lunch.
snow report
Fresh snow from last night above 1500 at Les Contamines this morning. Morning skiing was lovely on the Hauteluce side, but by 11:30 the bottom of Croix as you approach Ruelle was getting very grabby

Tierces extremely sticky, people in a flat tuck grinding to a halt 10m out of the fast dip at the mid point. Nant Rouge the same. Need to see if Roselette sector is holding up, but currently getting myself on the outside of an enormous omelette at Chez Gaston....

Isotherm lifting further tomorrow, so aiming to get off the mountain and back to the village by 13:30-14:00 unless something changes in the weather.
snow report
Just wondering what cover is like off piste down towards Hauteluce? Contemplating a trip out this weekend and would love to do an easy tour - Rochers des Enclaves from Contamines down into Hauteluce would be on the list if in condition.
ski holidays
I confess I didn't pay a lot of attention to the off-piste around Lac Girotte. I'll have a look when I get up there and post an update a bit later today.
ski holidays
Looking good above the lac, plenty of people skinning from Hauteluce up to Buche Croise lift then across towards fenetre and then right towards the lake this morning.

The south facing side is completely bare, not a patch of snow to be seen, but the lake/Northern side looks good, at least from a distance.

I'll upload some pictures this afternoon
snow report
schauspiele wrote:
Just wondering what cover is like off piste down towards Hauteluce? Contemplating a trip out this weekend and would love to do an easy tour - Rochers des Enclaves from Contamines down into Hauteluce would be on the list if in condition.

Photos taken this morning from the top of buche croisée lift.

As mentioned, lots of folk ski touring on that side today. The forecast is for sleet, snow and rain on Friday, with the isotherm around 2400m. Saturday sees this dropping to 1400m and a mix of snow and sunny spells so hopefully a reasonable day for it.
snow report
Chairlift over Buche around 13:00 today

snow conditions
@NoDosh, looks like you have the whole resort to yourself!

To be fair, that is pretty much what brother-in-law reported from St G today too.
ski holidays
I was up at LC today, held up well until 16.00

Has anyone been to cote2000 or over to Getaz far side of jaillet in last few days
latest report
Quote:

Looking good above the lac, plenty of people skinning from Hauteluce up to Buche Croise lift then across towards fenetre and then right towards the lake this morning.

The south facing side is completely bare, not a patch of snow to be seen, but the lake/Northern side looks good, at least from a distance.

I'll upload some pictures this afternoon

Thank you for this. Not sure we will make it out this weekend now as flight prices are looking a bit high - but will def be there the following weekend so really positive to see there's still some cover so low.

Looks as if you are having great conditions - hope you're enjoying it!

Again really appreciate the reply and the pics.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@j b, for reasons that escape me, lots of folk were skiing Tierces, but the Hauteluce and Roselette sectors were near empty, despite offering better conditions. Hauteluce starts to soften at the bottom of Ruelle by 12:30-13:00 but Roselette is great all through the afternoon.
snow conditions
schauspiele wrote:

Again really appreciate the reply and the pics.

My pleasure. Hope you enjoy when you get here Cool
ski holidays
Wonderful co dictions in Les C today. Visibility ok to very poor but snow fabulous and we practically had the resort to ourselves. Snow fell most of the day and our tracks from the morning disappeared. Weather forecast good for tomorrow before we head home. More snow in the forecast for late this week and the weekend. Good option for anyone looking to squeeze a bit more skiing in.
latest report
jedster wrote:
Wonderful conditions in Les C today. Visibility ok to very poor but snow fabulous and we practically had the resort to ourselves. Snow fell most of the day and our tracks from the morning disappeared. Weather forecast good for tomorrow before we head home. More snow in the forecast for late this week and the weekend. Good option for anyone looking to squeeze a bit more skiing in.
snow report
We done a quick 4 day trip (mon-thur) last week & we skied 4 separate areas:

Monday - St G & St Nic
Tuesday - Les Contamines
Wednesday - Cote2000
Thursday - Les Houches

of the 4 areas , I have to say that the team preparing Les Contimines won the prize , the pistes were near perfect in the morning.
snow report
@Jonny996, well done for managing the trip to Les Houches - I seem to remember you saying it was on your wish list for this year.

It is small and low, but I thought it has a definite charm if conditions are right. And the cakes in the La Cha cafe are still remembered fondly.

Our last trip of the year is next week, the only time off University for our daughter. I am hoping the rain forecast later this week will fall as snow on the pistes! Les Contamines should be our salvation if not.
snow report
@j b, last day of the last trip this year, nothing like leaving it to the last minute, the snow up there was not great & La Cha was the best run of the day for us, we did do the Kandahar black & I can see the appeal but it was a slush feast at the bottom.

We done public transport, this trip, the train from airport is so easy (apart from the return leg being on strike & costing us 200 Euro taxi) & the Y84 to LC is a breeze also.

Hopefully you get snow & not rain, see you in town for the tour come summer?
snow conditions
Yep, that was our experience too, grinding to a halt in porridge halfway down Kandahar.

Current plan is to take train from the airport on Monday so looking nervously for news of strikes. Rather than face a crisis on the way back we have booked Alpybus at twice the price of the train, and may do the same for the outward journey.

You guessed right, I am working to keep everyone's diary free in July with the intentions of a few days joining the festivities and then some hikes.
snow conditions
Yesterday in Les C was one of the best days skiing in my 35 years of it. Proper powder over boot depth, sun and while busier than Monday still pretty quiet. We managed to time the opening of the Aiguille Croche and got three untracked laps of the top chair.
Two consecutive days of proper powder skiing after some were writing off the season a couple of weeks ago
snow report
@jedster, what's the predictions for next week more precipitation? am contemplating coming to les saisies as opposed to our normal pilgrimage to tignes, but am concerned the lower areas may get rain in the next 48 hours rather than snow.......
ski holidays
i will make a stop over next Friday in the way to La Plagne and i want to add a half day somewhere there. We booked a room in Les Houches, so i think that i will choose between Megeve or Les Contamines.
According to the situation right now, which will be the best option? any help is welcome
snow conditions
@turms2, as long as you’re not skiing in clouds, LC best bet
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy