Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Black ski gear why?

Poster: A snowHead
Why is it so hard to express one's individuality and wear ski pants that aren't black? I want lime green, yellow or orange. Even the manufacturers only tease you as a few (e.g. Kjus) claim to produce other colours but you can't find them in Slush'n'Rubble.

Note also that many many ski promo piccies and magazine spreads feature athletes sporting nice lairy colours. Not that soddin black colour.

Anyone know why we are being led sheeplike into a black ski pant morass?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Murdoch, Oakley do some "different" colour schemes, and Linds & Jon nearly bought me a pair of pants in the US which bore more than a striking resemblance to dish cloths.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wear The Fox Hat, as I am in the Continental Lounge at Houston en route to Salt Lake City, I shall have a good scour around here. I shall also annoy you immensely with updates. But cordially putting a few turns in for you while I'm here!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I ski wearing all black. Embarassed
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Murdoch, quiet please Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Apparently it's slimming. wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kramer, you eat it?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David, its all to do with production costs and the price of fabric. Bulk buying of one colour of fabric is cheaper than buying less quantity of many colours and black is a safe colour. Personally I favour yellow as it hides the stains.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The only pair I could find in 5 XL was in black - I would love it to be lime green, yellow or summat else but they dont 5 XL or nowt and I am not going skiing in nowt.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Why not I would ask in return, I sk in all black.

Personally I don't know what makes people walk into a ski shop and buy the brightest colours they can, I don't wear these colours at home, why on earth would I want to wear them on holiday. Everybody is different though.

We actually had a friend who wanted to come away with us but we made him buy a less stupidly coloured ski suit before we included him on the trip, I swear the holiday before I couldn't sleep because of his neon bright illuminated ski suit hung up in the corner of the room.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Have you not seen the burton clothing catalogue? Chavtastic burberryesque pants and jackets and I have seen them on the slopes!!! Shocked
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Freestyle, Bloody Hell, thats all we need on the hill - please don't encourage them !!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
David Murdoch wrote:
Why is it so hard to express one's individuality and wear ski pants that aren't black? I want lime green, yellow or orange. Even the manufacturers only tease you as a few (e.g. Kjus) claim to produce other colours but you can't find them in Slush'n'Rubble.

Have a look at Beyond-X you can order it in any colour combination that you want.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David Murdoch, just take a look at the colours in the Gart store at South Towne Mall, or the REI store which is on 3600 (I think - I remember it's off the I-215 at the 3 mile marker)
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kramer wrote:
I ski wearing all black. Embarassed

me too and i'm not ashamed Smile
i enjoy waring black. maybe couse i'm a satanist? wink
snow conditions
Kramer, Me too? Little Angel
snow report
Quote:

Linds & Jon nearly bought me a pair of pants in the US which bore more than a striking resemblance to dish cloths

Wear The Fox Hat, They were a cross between a dish cloth and Burberry Laughing
latest report
I wanna wear all black. But that's cos I'm a goth. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ski holidays
David Murdoch, I think you should look in Scandanavia. they all seem to be wearing green and white/orange and goodness knows what this year. Green is very in here as well. Ofc ourse in Holland it's relatively to buy orange stuff, but it's probably all too big for you. Laughing

I wear black. Never in fashion, never out. I can keep the stuff for as long as it lasts and don't have to wash it too often (Gore-tex). Highly practical.
snow report
Quote:

Why is it so hard to express one's individuality and wear ski pants that aren't black?

Because we don't want to look like ageing punters who last went shopping in 1983.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Lizzard,
Quote:

Because we don't want to look like ageing punters who last went shopping in 1983.

Or you are soo good, that you can be anti establishment, and no-one will utter a word wink
snow report
crazy_skier_jules, Hopefully made out of goth-tex Twisted Evil
snow report
zuba, Maybe you deliver boxes of milk tray Cool
snow report
Just have a look at this. Seen in Meribel ski shop Feb 2006. Honest!

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/2455/cat/500/ppuser/107

snowHead
snow report
Scarpa, hehehe! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Chris Bish, that's horrendous !
ski holidays
Chris Bish, Very Happy where do they get them from !!!
snow conditions
A friend of ours skied in a hideous, and I mean hideous, yellow one-piece, which we all hated. Anyway he ripped it to pieces in a fall and even duct tape couldn’t save it.
We thought, great, he’ll have to replace it and we waited a season to see what he would get instead….

On the first morning…the one when you always check out each other’s new gear - he brought another hideous yellow one-piece out of his suitcase. Where he found it, I’ll never know ….

Arrrrgggghhhhhh…!!!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Bish, BLEURGH!!!
I am looking to design my own trousers with spikes all down the sides and a jacket with spikes down the arms and chain straps between the arms, as well as ripped effect spike covered front. Possibly a black beanie with a spike mohican to top it off.
All in black of course.
Jules the Scary Goth on the Piste.
ski holidays
I have no choice - black ski pants are part of my uniform - the jacket is black too, with a very fetching red stripe!
latest report
pollittcl, Welcome Back ! Have I been asleep all winter or have you been noticeably absent ?
Since when did Macdo issue a Black uniform ? wink snowHead
snow report
Chris Bish, very fetching, squire Wink
snow report
Chris Bish, Ah but that is the Rossignol limited edition by Castelbajac. They are truly fab colours, not just in one-piece... And utterly expensive! Very Happy
snow report
eEvans, I've been absent all winter - this thing they call ski teaching seems to take up most of my time! snowHead The black uniform is at least relatively slimming - until you fill your pockets with everything needed for a day on the hill (sweets, lunch, water, more sweets, more lunch, and business cards just in case a student wants to tip you!). Once your pockets are full then there is a slight resemblance to a pregnant penguin with an unfortunate case of sunburn! Shocked
ski holidays
man in black
snow report
pollittcl, long time no speak ows the season going.
snow report
Freestyle, Have you not seen the burton clothing catalogue? Chavtastic burberryesque pants and jackets and I have seen them on the slopes!!!

last month on e-bay there was a black jewelled chanel snowboard in similar case for £2000 - didn't sell obviously!! guess where from......
ski holidays
crazy_skier_jules, with all those spikes you will be more weapon than skier, could be useful in lift queues though
snow conditions
David Murdoch.Try Aldi, they have soem craking looking lime green ski kex. If I was at home I could get you a pair, but am not, so I can't, sorry. Confused
snow report
Bond films and milk tray adverts would have looked silly if it wasn't for black ski gear
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy