Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

London's Telegraph Ski Show ... re-branded

Poster: A snowHead
OK booked a couple of days using Val Desire's suggestion. As the twunts at Brexitgraph Telesales spam me at least twice a week without ever actually identifying themselves tehy owe me at least that. Still don't know if I can be arsed going.

BTW what's the closing at 7pm Thrusday all about? Hardly going to capture the afterwork crowd with that approach. Thursday being teh new Friday and all that. Idiots.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thursday has, in recent history, generally been considered the trade day.
The public can go but so few do that trade folk can catch up with each other without fearing the loss of critical sales required to justify the stand costs.
By 7, most want to be in the pub anyway.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowsport England has some free tix also a 25% discount. Of course you need to be a member but you can join as a supporter member for only £10 and this gives you access to other benefits.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Came across Groupon tickets earlier except for the Saturday - fiver off for adults /tenner for a family one. We'll probably going from about 4pm Friday, send the kids to grab lots of freebies, hopefully get some ideas & discounts as still not booked anything for this season!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ster, @always29, you could just use the promo code that @Val Desire posted earlier (TelegraphSubscribers) for free tix.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snow name wrote:
@ster, @always29, you could just use the promo code that @Val Desire posted earlier (TelegraphSubscribers) for free tix.

Got my not-free tix some time ago, just pointing out an option for others wanting to go.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ster, ah I see. Well, enjoy whichever day you're there.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Coul have waited but got the early bird price as needed a family ticket which was ok. We'll be there on Sunday.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Val Desire wrote:
Try entering 'telegraphsubscribers' in the "Enter promotional code" box wink

It adds free tickets to the menu.
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-telegraph-ski-snowboard-festival-2018-tickets-40028309752?invite=&err=49&referrer=&discount=&affiliate=&eventpassword=

Top tip!!! Thanks!!!! snowHead Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@snow name, brilliant - totally missed that!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What is the deal with the free tickets? Are they concession only?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looking forward to this week - my kids v excited about skiing on the ChelSki slope, climbing wall and husky rides. Also good for the organisers that the temperature is dropping this week - always helps attendance!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Val Desire, Thanks! Just got some free tickets for Sat!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
interesting loophole.

Does anyone know what is meant by 'Telegraph Guest'?

I'm just slightly concerned that you will have to arrive/enter with someone who is a 'member' or am I being unnecessarily paranoid?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@mikeycharlton, I used the free telegraph tickets last year. I actually had a subscription at the time, but nobody checked. Just scanned the free ticket at the entrance and it was fine.
latest report
Val Desire wrote:
Try entering 'telegraphsubscribers' in the "Enter promotional code" box wink

It adds free tickets to the menu.
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-telegraph-ski-snowboard-festival-2018-tickets-40028309752?invite=&err=49&referrer=&discount=&affiliate=&eventpassword=

Legend. Thanks!
latest report
musehead wrote:
@mikeycharlton, I used the free telegraph tickets last year. I actually had a subscription at the time, but nobody checked. Just scanned the free ticket at the entrance and it was fine.

cheers...ordered 4 for Saturday.

Only live about 3 miles away, so no big deal if I get refused entry.
ski holidays
I’m a numpty snowHead ... ordered a freebie ticket for the wrong day. If anyone wants a Sunday ticket, let me know via pm and I can email it to you.
latest report
... but U will have to walk up like your name is "Scampi" Toofy Grin
snow report
So dispatches from the trenches? Worse than ever? Better than it was last few years at Earls Court?

Still undecided whether I can be bothered getting the tube to Sloane Sq and walking to Battersea even with a free ticket.
snow report
Embarassed I've got a freebie and I didn't even realise it was today Embarassed
snow conditions
Took a trip today, only went as I was working in victoria and was going back to bath afterwards.
Just about worth the £21 entrance to get free family lift passes for the snow centre, as we can visit in December.
Took me about 1 1/5 to get round, seemed less exhibitors than last year, not sure if this is because the ice rink is inside this year?
Alpinresorts were definitely missing, they seemed to have a good size presence last year, lots of freebies and “the hoff” as well!

Saw chemmy Alcott and Graeme bell.

Signed up for a few comps, and “won” an entry for the SCGB prize draw for a set of skis.

If I go next year, will not go on the Friday lunchtime again, as several exhibitors were still seemed to be setting up, and some were struggling to set up their Wi-fi connections. Would have assumed it would have been something the venue provided, but evidently not. One exhibitor was under the assumption it was press day today, and was a bit surprised the hoi-Polloy (unable to change spelling!!) were allowed in!

It has a came a long way since the early days at Olympia!
latest report
terrygasson wrote:

It has a came a long way since the early days at Olympia!

It has come even further than the earlier days at the Royal Horticultural Hall! Very Happy
snow report
Any notable freebies being given out this year?

Best one I had was probably the voucher for a free one day lift pass at Verbier, think that was given out in 2012 (at Olympia)
snow report
@musehead, I didn’t see any freebies of worth, lots of pens/lip balm/lanyards etc and snow centre lift passes

Loads of comps to enter for holidays
snow conditions
musehead wrote:
Any notable freebies being given out this year?
)

The younger half of the Sideways massive aren't complaining as they are loaded with sweets after only half an hour.
latest report
I popped in earlier for a quick look around (free ticket) as I was near the area anyway.

Was not particularly interested in picking up brochures etc, but there's lots of information from various resorts and companies, including lesser known areas.

Also lots of snowsports-related clothes shops (gear and fashion). No obvious discounts. I'll hopefully use the free 1-hr pass for the Snow Centre before it expires on 24th December.

It was surprisingly busy at 4pm on a Friday! I'd hate to see what the queue for the bar looks like during the Fri/Sat Apres sessions...
ski holidays
mikeycharlton wrote:
interesting loophole.

Does anyone know what is meant by 'Telegraph Guest'?

I'm just slightly concerned that you will have to arrive/enter with someone who is a 'member' or am I being unnecessarily paranoid?

It means you can get a sit down and a free cuppa at the telegraph stand.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Went yesterday. Was ok but not sure we’ll go next year. Had a chat to some nice people about resorts but it feels too late for 2019 and too early for 2020. Was disappointed with some of the timings as they had a couple of talks inside and they clashed with stuff going on the slope so we missed those as we were outside.

Food looked better this year but we had ours in the park cafe beforehand which was really really slow serving but tasted amazing.

Had a good chat with the carv people and the chalet cooking trainers. Ski inspired were very helpful talking about Spain.

If we do go next year it’ll probably be without junior as at 12 she got bored quite quickly.
ski holidays
djf wrote:
... at 12 she got bored quite quickly.

A good yardstick; that's me out Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Ski and holiday are also verbs - I ski, you ski, they holiday, we holiday.

They are nouns when you refer to the article, a ski, a holiday.

Not sure why I bothered to write that out...
snow conditions
If anyone’s in doubt, we had a good day. Friend who’d not been before was surprised how small it was, having been to Birmingham before, I thought it was large.

Occupied five hours between Warren Smith’s talk (very good), Chemmy’s demo, kids on the hill and general wandering. Highlight was a white chocolate and raspberry crepe. Toppy at £4.50, but so good.

Only gripe was the bar staff’s inability to serve you. Now I just need to find the £8k to ski Alaska.
latest report
I went along today as well, and I enjoyed it.
I thought it was a better venue than all the ski shows I've been to before.

I felt sorry for the people waiting in the long Q's for food.
So I didn't bother eating as I was too hungry to hang about.

I just went around around chatting and collecting stickers.
snow report
Thought it was ok but didnt think the exhibitors as good as last year plus a lot of the same. Food queues weren't too bad. Enough to amuse the kids - ice skating, clinbing wall, ferris wheel. Actually managed to use the Hemel snow centre passes this year.

Had a bit of an issue with the booking and was hard to get hold of anyone but once I did they were very helpful and accomodating.

I see the format change is being touted as a big success but hard to really say as its only the first year and people would be coming to see how it was.

https://www.inthesnow.com/telegraph-ski-and-snowboard-festival-visitor-increase-24/

They are already talking about dates for last year.
snow report
hi all, bit of a thread bump, just wanted to see if anyone on here has booked tickets for this years (2019) show?

I normally just pop in on a Friday morning on my own to snag a few freebies, especially the hemel lift pass.

this year I am going to take my girls on the Saturday, I have booked the early bird family ticket, but cannot see how I can book my kids onto the ice skating/ferris wheel etc.

I am sure that when I booked my ticket last year, there was a drop down menu to add times for ice skating etc, cannot see it this time.

has anyone managed to book extras for kids so far?

cheers in advance

terry
latest report
I was in the same boat last year, booked on my phone and couldnt see how to add the extras, thought I could just add them later but they had to refund the original purchase, redo it (with a code as the early bird had expired, then rebook and add the extras at the time of purchase.

It was a pain to get hold of anyone to begin with but once I did they sorted it pretty efficiently.

Last year they didnt book out all the skating slots so if you turned up early enough you could get on anyway.
snow report
@ster, cheers, will see if I can contact someone on monday
snow conditions
It says the ferris wheel is included in the tickets, do you need to book a slot or can you just turn up? Taking the kids on the Saturday

https://skiandsnowboard.co.uk/whats-on/vintage-ferris-wheel
snow report
@RobH2017, I emailed the organisers this morning regarding the activities. They replied to tell me that the Ferris wheel is just on a turn up and ride basis.
the ice skating slots will be available to book in the next few weeks, and notifications will be going out via email.
latest report
Might pop down to London for a day for this, is it worth the trek from the Bristol area? Haven't been before.

Any promo codes for discount anyone knows of?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy