Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Col Pradat Colfosco Eagle's Nest

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

We are going to be staying in Colfosco for a week at the end of Feb. I am thinking about trying to book a lunch to use the "Eagle's Nest" outside tables at the Rifugio on Col Pradat. Has anyone done so and can comment whether it is worth it, what the quality of food etc is like - the view of course (on the right day) will be spectacular.

Just a bit wary in case it is one of those over-hyped things.

I am v familiar with the area in general and of course there are plenty of other places with ace spots and views and food. One in our party is a dedicated fan of Rifugio Biok and he won't take kindly to being dragged to Col Pradat only to find the food is not great rolling eyes

Thanks in advance etc!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've only eaten there once and that was for a quick lunch at the self service restaurant, so just a bratwurst and chips. It looked nice though and certainly no complaints about the quality or cleanliness of the place. It was good value too.

It was two years ago at Feb half term but at that time the only bit of the terrace reserved for restaurant service was the small bit that extends out from the main terrace. The rest of the terrace had the standard wooden tables with benches for anyone to sit at.

It was an overcast, grey day with low clouds so I didn't think much of the view but I'm sure it would have been much better on a nice, clear, sunny day. If anything, I thought the mountains opposite were a bit too close and I prefer the majestic sweeping views from some of the other restaurants in the area. Although as I said it was a cloudy day so I'm maybe not being fair to the view from the Col Pradat Hutte as I certainly wasn't seeing it at it's best.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Agree with the above post. The view is essentially of the Sella massif, but like Scot says, it is fairly close!!. Which is ok, but certainly better views in the area (in my opinion). If I wanted a better view, I'd go up to Jimmy hut. Can't speak for the food at Col Pradat as only had a drink there. Not suprised your friend wouldn't like being dragged away from Bioch, it does rate highly in reviews and forum recomendations. They have also had an extension/refurb for this season.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks both @jimmybog and @olderscot.

I'll try to double check the view while out at the BB as I will be there a couple of weeks before returning with family. Trouble is that Colfosco never seems to coincide with a lunch stop during BB skiing so I've never tried the food there either!

Certainly Jimmy's is a good view, been there many a time.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@SteveM, I'm sure we can plan an itinerary that puts us there around lunchtime sometime during the week Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@JK, Isn’t that the one we stopped at last year for a drink?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@JK, we'll talk!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@geepee, I believe it was snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've been there today. Fantastic goulash soup for 10 euros....
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheers @albob.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy