Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chillfactore power outage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got to the C.F. only to find their power is down. Likely to be 12.00 at the earliest before it's back on. Could be a lot later. Oh deep joy. 😕
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Slopemad Jr is supposed to be on the race event there today. I thought the flashing lights on the slope would make it more fun, but they need to put 50p in the meter to get the lift working.

At least the electrons are making it into Costa Coffee.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Power back on. Looks like slope is going to be opened
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I read that initially as "powder outrage"
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It was less than ideal even when the slope was opened, as it was divided in two from top to bottom; for a race school which is taking place. I'd rung before hand and asked them how much of the slope would be closed off and they said just from the bottom step down; which I thought was a bit odd, but they re-assured me that was the case. Wrong!!.

Then the button lift serving the side we could ski on packed in, when the cable jumped one of the wheels. To be fair they fixed it in about half an hour. But what really bugs me is that with only half the slope open, they were still holding beginners classes from the top and the first step, so it was pretty packed at times. So you had learners snow ploughing down from the top and starting at the bottom step. I think when only half the slope is open, they should either say - no lift passes, only lessons: or no lessons, only lift passes. But it's all about the £££. Which I do kinda understand; but it does increase the chances of someone getting hurt.

But hey ho, it's good practice for skiing a busy narrow piste. And on the up side; I didn't fall over. So that's the six four hour visits without taking a tumble. I must be getting better. Very Happy snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I admire your enthusiasm , but how do you not get bored ?? Once I’ve done drills which I can make last about 20 runs, I’m done. Maybe I need more drills or specificity?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@endoman, I don't know about Awd, but I used to manage 4+ hours quite happily, combination of drills, analysis and just playing. Plus an MP3 player to drown out that awful music they often have. I miss being so (relatively) close and being to go so often.

@Awdbugga, sounds fairly typical. Were you there when they only had 1/2 open due to the snowmaking problems (or when 1/2 is closed for freestyle nights)? Surprised that the snow didn't melt too! Still, admire your ability to see the positives in it Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
endoman wrote:
I admire your enthusiasm , but how do you not get bored ?? Once I’ve done drills which I can make last about 20 runs, I’m done. Maybe I need more drills or specificity?

I don't get bored, because at the moment each run is slightly different. I'm not at the standard where I have an ingrained reproducible way of skiing. The muscle memory is not there yet. I'm trying different little tweaks. Sometimes I manage to stay with all the weight on the downhill ski, with downward pressure on the front of the ski and the ski turns itself. Sometimes I don't quite apply enough forward downward pressure, hit a bump and end up slightly in the back seat for a few yards and end up doing skid turns. Each run can throw up it's own little surprise Shocked Some good, some less so. I'm easily pleased. Plus it's the means to an end. The end being, making the most of the mountains when I do get out on them at the BB.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Grizzler wrote:
@endoman, I don't know about Awd, but I used to manage 4+ hours quite happily, combination of drills, analysis and just playing. Plus an MP3 player to drown out that awful music they often have. I miss being so (relatively) close and being to go so often.

@Awdbugga, sounds fairly typical. Were you there when they only had 1/2 open due to the snowmaking problems (or when 1/2 is closed for freestyle nights)? Surprised that the snow didn't melt too! Still, admire your ability to see the positives in it Smile

No, luckily I wasn't there then. I have been there a small number of times when the slope has been divided in two and each time it's the same. I'm not sure how long the power had been down before we got there at 10.30, they didn't say. We asked about the snow melting and they said the ice underneath should keep it ok for a good while, but they would check it before opening, obviously. I was a little unhappy to say the least when he said it could be mid afternoon when it opened, after I'd just driven nearly two hours to get there. But, sh*t happens as our colonial cousins say. They fixed it and the staff were helpful and did their best to keep people informed. No point taking it out on them.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy