Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Child's back protection

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morning,
What back protector would you recommend for a child sized 120-125cm, comfort is a must, and need to be purchased online.
Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My son has used the POC POCito VPD for the past couple of seasons and it seems like a quality product
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ours have had Dainese and Cairn . . . never had a problem. They were originally plastic ones, like a spine, but the newer ones are more spongy and more comfortable. Don't think you need to worry about comfort as they soon get forgotten about
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We picked up POCito ones in an amazon sale a while back. If you do got for a back protector, I'd suggest a vest type one as they are more comfortable for the sprogs to wear and more likely to stay in a useful position throughout the day.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd look for ones with D30 foam, which is akin to silly putty - soft when moved slowly, rigid when impacted hard.

My kids have Cairn ones in vest style with D30 foam, they were about E70 each I think. Size-wise you'd be looking for the smallest or next one up (online I'd buy both and check for size).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Scott do excellent junior ones as well, similar waistcoat net style. Sizing on Scott sports website.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Themasterpiece wrote:
My son has used the POC POCito VPD for the past couple of seasons and it seems like a quality product

It's flexible and moulds to his shape when it's warmed up. He was 130cm tall when we got it. Now he's 140cm. Size large is for 125-150cm. He's tall and slim, and it fits him well. They couldn't be too podgy though with the way it fits.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks very much for the advice Smile
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Rookie error... I (finally) washed kiddo's back protector vest and can't remember which way the spongy bit goes in. It's a poc as-1. Is it flat side in, or rounded side in? Puzzled
Tia
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
try decathlon
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Canuck wrote:
Rookie error... I (finally) washed kiddo's back protector vest and can't remember which way the spongy bit goes in. It's a poc as-1. Is it flat side in, or rounded side in? Puzzled
Tia

Flat side against the back with the thin foam in between.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thank you Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Both of our kids have EVOC protector ones - they seem pretty decent, also have collar bone protection, and are the vest style ones so fit really well.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy