Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SCGB mountain craft course /Back country skills

Poster: A snowHead
Hi has anyone been on the mountain craft course with Jim Kerr. This year it's in Sainte Foy. With the Ski Club of Gb
Looking for feed back from previous participants
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not been on the course myself but I've a couple of customers that have and both said it was excellent.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is that Jim Kerr of Simple Minds fame?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Surprised he's still alive and kicking. Do you get a glittering prize at the end?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well played 👏
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Apparently the course manual is a book of brilliant things
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No, He's a mountain guide and ski instructor https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.jagged-globe.co.uk/climb/course/guides.html&ved=2ahUKEwiNy_T15KDcAhVqDcAKHSTNBCoQFjADegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw3gQLpM52CDlpFW7ydnY5tS
I when on the All Mountain Development course in Chamonix, run by His wife
Rachel Kerr.
They both work with Jagged Globe and SCGB.
Not sure about there Singing achievements.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jagged Globe have an excellent reputation (I have many customers who use them) and I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't use anyone who wasn't at the top of their profession (ie Simon Christy et al).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes. I was concerned about the skiing /teaching ratio but someone on the FB page said lots of skiing and learning along the way with evening classes for more knowledge and discussion. just my bag. So Booked on.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have been on two trips a while back led by Jim Kerr the second of which was the Haute Route.

I would thoroughly recommend him and he has been involved with the SCGB for many years.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheers thoroughly looking forward to it. I'll update in December
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Done the Mountain Craft a few times with a Jim Kerr, Dave Cumming, Pascal Arpin and Pierre Liotard etc. Great fun and evening sessions were good done by Jim and Dave.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So once is not enough? Lots to learn or just good to repeat ?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Or were you leading
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
No, I was a paying guest.
And well good enough to repeat - or as I tell my wife - "standards not achieved, I'll have to go back again".
MCC tied in well after the PSB.
Now do the SCGB Premier Party, which is much the same - off piste with guide/instructor but not the evening sessions. Again ties in well with PSB and in Val d'Espair.
snow report
Hi Colin. How was the on snow experience. Lots of good challenging skiing with instruction? Or guided stopping to hunt the transever. Do you do any rope work? Repelling down crevasses?.
I'm booked on just wetting my appetite
latest report
@LeglesWonder, Sorry for the delay. Skiing was all mountain with instruction, but concentrating off piste. Day touring a possibility. Certainly an hour or so of live transceiver training. We did one session down an avalanche debris field. Challenging skiing depending on your current ability?? Some combat skiing through bushes/trees/shrubs etc.
Any rope work was in the evening sessions.
Hope that helps.
snow report
@colinstone, Thanks again. I'm really looking forward to this course.
All the best.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy