Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl 2018/2019

Poster: A snowHead
How are things looking? We head out on the 19th and hope the storms clear by then. As things stand we could be in for a good week. Ta!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Things are excellent. Pistes are exceptionally pistey.

I'd imagine they'll be perfect when you arrive.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mostly shut yesterday due to heavy snow. Only gondolas out of village open but no higher. As of 10:30am Monday all lifts are closed and no news when they will open. Given the conditions in the area over the last 36hours I suspect they won’t open today or if they do it will only be gondolas up to first station, although that will still provide a great deal of skiing. I have a photo of me ON piste by the piste markers from Sunday afternoon with snow mid thigh!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/40979/title/bb543b07-3490-4637-9cd0-2d0d82e942a5/cat/500
No idea why it’s upside down but I am sure you can work it out
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sean1967 wrote:
Things are excellent. Pistes are exceptionally pistey.

I'd imagine they'll be perfect when you arrive.

Cheers Sean. Looking forward to it now.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Looks like mostly open now. Roads open and everything Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks like mostly open now. Roads open and everything Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Any updates on the weather, conditions and how busy it is? We’re due to arrive on Saturday! Very excited!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm surprised by the "let's put the boot into Ischgl" comments.

As a town (and a ski area) I love it. A great atmosphere, built on a traditional Austrian town.

I'm not sure how a traditional town can be described as like Disney. Puzzled Would the same also apply to Val D'Isere for example?
Puzzled

Each to their own, I suppose.

Out of interest, what ski resorts to the Ischgl haters love?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bergmeister wrote:
I'm not sure how a traditional town can be described as like Disney.

Oh come on. It's the only place I've seen a shop selling diamante encrusted skis, and some of the newer hotels and restaurants are a little...style over substance.

On the other hand you can turn two corners from the main street and walk past a shed full of lowing cows.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bergmeister wrote:
I'm surprised by the "let's put the boot into Ischgl" comments.

As a town (and a ski area) I love it. A great atmosphere, built on a traditional Austrian town.

I'm not sure how a traditional town can be described as like Disney. Puzzled Would the same also apply to Val D'Isere for example?
Puzzled

Each to their own, I suppose.

Ones where you don't have to wait in 40 minutes queues to get up the mountain in the morning
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
peanuthead wrote:
Bergmeister wrote:

Ones where you don't have to wait in 40 minutes queues to get up the mountain in the morning

Then they should try Ischgl. Other than day 1 the very first time I went to Ischgl, when we hit the Silvrettabahn at rush hour and had a 10min shuffle to get on a gondola I don't think we've ever queued more than 3-5min to get on one (c. 10 trips, across Jan and March though never tried half term - but as Ischgl's not a massive family resort guessing not much different to rest of peak season).
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi,
Heading to Ischgl on Saturday, skiing Sunday - Wednesday. Any update on conditions?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Currently excellent on piste. Today was the first time that the snow seemed slushy/heavy lower down on the sunnier pistes, but by no means poor. Only really noticeable due to overall good quality. A few runs down from Greitspitze - the black 14's have been closed from midday. Think due to avalanche danger.

Still blue skies and full sun. What more could you want Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks kk... can't wait! Very Happy Cool
latest report

http://youtube.com/v/0ayuCQ2nU4Y
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy