Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

[UPDATED] CALLING ALL SNOWHEADS , WE HELPED SAVE BRENTWOOD DRY SLOPE :)

Poster: A snowHead
I see from Facebook that there is talk of building on the site of Brentwood dry ski slope.
A petition has been started to oppose the plans.
https://www.change.org/p/brentwood-council-save-our-slope-brentwood-leisure-park

Edit: Subject changed on request!

Edit2: You can also view the planning application and provide feedback to the council directly here:
http://publicaccess.brentwood.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=OQ7J1IDJL0200

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 12-07-18 11:29; edited 3 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Closure would be a huge shame - I think its the closest slope left to London, is economically viable and a local employer. As well as it's own club it's also become a home for Bromley club after that slope was closed.

With Dave Ryding's success demonstrating that the UK (and dry slopes!) can help produce Championship level skiers, it's very disappointing that the training venues are under threat in this way.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Calling all Snowheads , please sign and help save Brentwood ski slope it's a very important asset to ski racing youngsters in the Essex and North Kent area . my daughters school team train there and many of those are competing to a high level , with top three finishers in the British champs .
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Rob Mackley, Already signed it! I have lots of happy memories of skiing on that slope. Especially the very last time I skied with my Dad before his knees gave up, in the late 80`s and I did not know I was pregnant with my first child too. It was covered in the real stuff as an extra bonus!

I completely agree that it is an important resource!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Signed it. First place I ever skied when at sixth form back in early 1980s. Our Wednesday afternoon PE was postponed due to snow and they ran a trip to the ski slope instead. I had to say I had skied before as there were no lessons planned, I think it was obvious to all that I had never been near a pair of skis as I had a huge struggle to survive the drag to the top of the slope and then when I did point down could only stop by going up the small slope at the bottom then falling over! It was great fun!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Tubaski, Could we change the post heading to something like CALLING ALL SNOW HEADS , HELP SAVE BRENTWOOD DRYSLOPE .
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@dking2001, Wasn`t an outing from the `Tech` by any chance was it?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
signed, what a shame this will be
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Rob Mackley wrote:
@Tubaski, Could we change the post heading to something like CALLING ALL SNOW HEADS , HELP SAVE BRENTWOOD DRYSLOPE .

Done!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tubaski wrote:
Rob Mackley wrote:

Done!

And done.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
👍
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
An excellent response from the snowheads! Please sign up, share the Facebook link, retweet the @essexskiracing pinned tweet.

As much as Brentwood needs a new "Towie village" a dryslope, a Karting circuit, a driving range are 3 membership free sports facilities the whole public can enjoy.
The slope hosts Essex, Bromley, Newhall clubs, LSERSA training sessions, freestyle, snowboarding and special Olympics training. The slope has 40+ members of staff on Sergio's books too.

So please highlight this travesty all you can, if only to keep Brentwood's famous POT NOODLE vending machine in operational use Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Signed.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CaravanSkier wrote:
@dking2001, Wasn`t an outing from the `Tech` by any chance was it?

SEEVIC from Benfleet.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@dking2001, OK, different DKing Laughing
snow conditions
We use Brentwood on a weekly basis - my 7 year old is ski obsessed and will be gutted if this facility was to close.

Thank you for sharing and signing the petition....if anyone gets a moment to pass their objection directly to the Council; please follow this link -

http://publicaccess.brentwood.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=OQ7J1IDJL0200
snow report
I am confused...and no time to read all the docs. Who owns the land? what is the position of the owner of the dryslope business?
snow conditions
holidayloverxx wrote:
I am confused...and no time to read all the docs. Who owns the land? what is the position of the owner of the dryslope business?

A commercial owner owns the entire site, 4 leisure facilities and a restaurant. Each of these has impending lease renewals or lease break clauses approaching before the expiry of any potential planning permission. Brentwood slope is operated by the Cis family forever.

We have over 1000 signatures now, but as this is one of the few times we are allowed to be greedy Toofy Grin WE WANT MORE!!!

https://www.change.org/p/brentwood-council-save-our-slope-brentwood-leisure-park

Feel free to object to the councils plans here:

You can help our neighbours here too:

https://www.change.org/p/uk-golf-academy-brentwood-golf-range-help-save-your-golf-range-leisure-park?recruiter=730615325&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=share_email_responsive

Thanks everyone from the Essex Ski Racing Club
snow report
done
snow report
Done. There is such amazing talent produced in the uk from dryslopes and woukd be a shame to see another one bite the bullet
ski holidays
@andrew e, thanks for explaining - especially the points re the lease. done
snow conditions
@andrew e, done for the objections to Brentwood Council as well as the petition. As I'm sure that you know, Snowsports England are getting the message out there and I am promoting it amongst our ski club members.

Good luck and please keep us updated with anything more that we can do to help.
ski holidays
Its a real shame to see these facilities being carved away by business interests and to be frank user apethy. I am totally guilty of the latter. I have not been on plastic since the old king died and I feel a part in the movement towards indoors 'real' snow that has killed the once brilliant Sheffield slope that kicked off many an Olympic talent. I full support tubaski's initiative but can't help but think that what we really must do is use the opinion forming strength of a petition to encourage local authorites to allow and encourage development of innovative land use for BIGGER facilities than Mount Hemel et al. Perhaps if tied to inrastructure devopment rather than leisure complexes there would be an affordable way forward.
latest report
mcspreader wrote:
I full support tubaski's initiative

Ha, not my initiative! I just read it elsewhere and reposted here as I knew there would be interest. In fact I'm guilty of never having skiied on a dry slope (I'm closer to Hemel than any dry slope). I do intend to go and find one while I still can though!
Despite that, I do think it's important they are saved, You only have to look at the recent stunning performances by British skiers & boarders - especially in the freestyle disciplines - to understand how important keeping the grass roots alive is.
latest report
Sadly, these days, if you are not into football, cricket or rugby, you may as well not exist in the eyes of the public
latest report
Dry ski slope racing is still well and truly alive , on a club or school race day hundreds of racers turn out , these are really fun occasions whilst still highly competitive , if any Snowheads out there have children interested and your near a slope give it a go .

KEEP SIGNING THE PETITION .
snow report
snowchick31 wrote:
We use Brentwood on a weekly basis - my 7 year old is ski obsessed and will be gutted if this facility was to close.

Thank you for sharing and signing the petition....if anyone gets a moment to pass their objection directly to the Council; please follow this link -

I've added this link to the original post at the top of the thread, thanks.
ski holidays
Signed and shared to Facebook. Hope it can be saved.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Signed - I learnt to ski here too - before my first ever school ski trip to Aprica with the Anglo European School - 1981 I think...
snow conditions
Signed
latest report
signed, would be a shame to see another dry slope go, fond memories of Hillingdon and Beckton alps!!
snow conditions
The council are more likely to take notice of objections to the planning application than the petition, so if you have signed the petition it would be good to also make an objection

snow report
A massive thanks to all the snow heads that have spoke up - you wouldn't believe how much it means Embarassed

We have 61 planning objections now lodged and 1434 signatures on our change petition Cool

This short slope video gives you an idea of the facility (slopes, driving range, kart track):
http://youtube.com/v/B3adL4wQeoc

http://www.brentwoodskicentre.co.uk

http://www.essexskiracingclub.org.uk
snow conditions
done... I used to work there and trained with the race team be a shame if it was turned into housing but we need those too...

EDIT: looking closer at the application it is for ONLY 13 executive homes.. not exactly helping the housing shortage rolling eyes rolling eyes and at a loss of a major sports venue used by many youngsters...

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 14-06-17 15:27; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Thank you all for the massive response - you still have to Friday to SHOUT still! Thumbs up to everyone in this thread, the Inside Out approval shows you how great this industry is.

Latest figures in:

Planning objections: 80
Change petition signatures: 1883

If your local and fancy some free top entertainment there is a LSERSA race this Saturday at Brentwood come over and see what your saving Cool
latest report
This was where I first clipped on a pair of skis. It was terrifying and exhilarating all at once and started me on a love affair with winter sports. That was 30 years ago.

Fingers crossed that the planners recognise what a valuable local asset this facility is.
snow conditions
http://www.essexlive.news/outrageous-brentwood-49-home-proposals-for-green-belt-land-rejected-after-resident-backlash/story-30389377-detail/story.html

May be some hope after another recent development was rejected
snow conditions
A Thursday update: An unprecedented response from everybody, and rather humbling. The objection comments are like the history of British Skiing in places and really worth a read!

So planning objections: 101

Change petition: 2010 signatures

Both incredible figures Cool Still quite a future battle to be fought I'd wager, but an excellent set of foundations to build on. You still have time to sign and object.

Dave Ryding, Chemmy Alcott and Graham Bell have all backed us which our club racers find pretty awe inspiring. Every signature has helped future potential professional snowsports athletes - cool huh?

Cheers Andrew
snow conditions
andrew e,
It's been emailed to all Team Snowtrax members and I think it's up on the facebook page as well. Have you contacted the other clubs to reach out to their members?
ski holidays
andrew e,
It's been emailed to all Team Snowtrax members and I think it's up on the facebook page as well. Have you contacted the other clubs to reach out to their members?

EDIT: I also had a mail from Snowsports South as well.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy