Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2018 / 2019

Poster: A snowHead
Oxygene - no doubt about it, young instructors speaking good English, teaching in smaller classes, in a modern way. I see some ESF classes taught by grandpa's in a fashion more befitting of the 1980's.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Roscoe, Limesnowsports. http://limesnowsports.com Dani is brilliant with the kids, even buying them Hot Choccies on cold days!
If they are fully booked then Oxygene rather than ESF, there are a few others as well....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
-19c middle part of next week. Wow that’s cold!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:

and will be even colder in the wind, we had -15c just after New Year Cool (and it'll be another reason the Glacier is closed)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@boredsurfin, it was actually open today (first time in 18 attempts for us!)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Handy Turnip, Over rated, init Toofy Grin snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Roscoe, I'll second the recommendation for Lime if you're looking for a private lesson - we've skied with them the past two years and they've been really good (we have a full day with them booked this year as well).

Unfortunately they only offer private lessons (either private individual or a private group of up to 6) and it's just the two of them so getting a booking can be tricky for popular dates.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It defo got colder this afternoon! The snow is holding up nicely tho,some great skiing today and we went all over the place. Had a delicious crepe at the restaurant at the bottom of the carella chair. Had great amusement riding the arpette chair multiple times and watching the massive pile ups on the banked turns of the fun run. The most we saw was 15 people splatted across the narrow run/in the barriers/flying over the top and the ski school of snow plowers coming in to join chaos! Sad to be leaving as been such a good week with powder days,bluebird days and mild weather! La plagne has accessability for disabled skiers down to a tee,been so impressed and i dont want to go home tomo!may have to try and squeeze another holiday out here before the end of the season!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What's the verdict on the new Inversens lift then??
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@chopkins13, fast and comfortable. Quite the opposite of Envers.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin wrote:
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:

and will be even colder in the wind, we had -15c just after New Year Cool (and it'll be another reason the Glacier is closed)

The glacier will be closed because it’s cold? Puzzled
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ricklovesthepowder, i think boredsurfin was being slightly mischievous there.
Unless he knows different, i don't think that is a usual reason for stopping access to the Glacier area.
Though, I am happy to stand corrected: you do get some interesting stuff if you google "too cold for ski lifts to run"
Such as: http://www.nobullski-vermont.com/members/ski_freeze.html
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Jonpim, @Ricklovesthepowder, I have known the Glacier to be closed as the windchill was -40c and deemed to be dangerous for 'normal' skiers to be up there. I guess at that temperature and someone had an accident there is a danger of body temperature getting to dangerous levels before rescue can be arranged. (Also would the steel work cables etc of the lifts be affected?)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Dubaian - thanks for the extra info.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
How are conditions looking? It's one of my locations on the list for coming out next weekend for a week. I don't need off piste particularly. What are the pistes like? Thank you!
snow report
Check this @SnowPloughPrincess - http://m.webcam-hd.com/webcam-station-la-plagne/montchavin-telebuffette
snow conditions
That looks pretty amazing, thank you! Where is everyone? I guess joy of changeover days ha ha Are the pistes getting icy? Don't mind a few patches for added unexpected fun but do lose my nerve pretty quick if there is a lot of it.
snow report
I can only repeat what I've been reading the last week or so, but it has been icy at times given the low temperatures and lack of snowfall. There's been a good dusting over the last 7 days, and conditions appear to be almost ideal at the moment. The slopes could still do with a top-up to ensure no bare patches come through, but I can see some more snowing days forecast towards the middle of next week, so should be excellent skiing.

Hope that helps, but the guys on the ground can correct me if I'm wrong.
snow report
ratkinsonuk, you are spot on.
Super day today: bright blue cloudless sky, quite chilly (so snow stays in good condition), not too many people about (some pistes empty), piste conditions excellent almost everywhere, and still some fluffy stuff off to the side.
snow conditions
Thank you for that. Exactly the kind of reassurance I was looking for. I've never skied there before so would be excited to try somewhere different Smile
ski holidays
Out skiing today. Blue skies, sunshine, pistes generally in very good condition. There are occasional icy patches. No people today at all. Finished with a run down newly opened unpisted black "Morbleu", bumpy, but good fun despite the bushes poking through the piste.
ski holidays
Everything went right today, early arrival at chambery, quicker than expected transfer, got apartment keys immediately and got out for a cheeky couple of hours in fantastic sunshine and empty pistes! Now having a gin and tonic watching the sky change colour, 12 hours ago I was in Gatwick!
Checked 3 weather forecasts and none really agree what’s going to happen other than a cloudy day tmrw and some sun on Monday, then they flit between snow on tues/wed/thurs - not too fussed anyhow as I think this is going to be a great week for a piste junky like me!
ski holidays
and thanks to those that responded about the glacier, only been up once and it was fantastic, everywhere else was in cloud but up there was sunny, really hoping to have another trip up there this week.
ski holidays
I feel very jealous! Really hope I'll be doing the same next Sunday Very Happy
ski holidays
Today I had my first trip onto the Bellecote Glacier this season. We managed to do two great routes. First on the Friolin Bowl route and then on the North Face. The snow was excellent in the off piste areas, but you need to take great care when crossing the avalanche area from a few weeks ago. This piste nature area was still closed today to those that are not fully equipped for off piste. I do like the new lifts on the Les Coches side which get you quickly up top of Roche de Mio when coming from the Les Arcs. Very Happy

For full report of today plus photos please see Les Arcs Winter facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsWinter/
snow conditions
boredsurfin wrote:
@Handy Turnip, Over rated, init Toofy Grin snowHead

Yep, terrible Toofy Grin snowHead too much powder, too much fun, definitely not recommended. Toofy Grin
latest report
Group of friends staying in Bourg and getting 4 day Les Arcs discovery pass. Thinking of driving to La Plagne for our day there to make most of it - any tips on where to park to get best balance of travel time vs quick access to good skiing with decent run home at end of day?
Also - We are around Sat 2/2 - Tues 5/2 - which day best for quietest slopes do you think?
Final Q - will we regret only 1 day in La Plagne, should we do 2!?
ski holidays
dgschof, good idea drive over to La Plagne, then not have to worry about skiing back and missing lifts.
I would drive up to La Roche and park there - its free, and there is pleasant bar and restaurant for start and end of day.
Either of the red runs back down can be fun.
Lift up is quick and takes you to above Aime 2000.
Regret only one day in La Plagne? You might.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Perfect - just what I needed thanks Jonpim. Other tips welcome too Very Happy
snow conditions
@dgschof, what is the extra cost of doing a 2 & 2, rather than 1 & 3?

I normally stay in Les Coches and spend half my days on each. But if it's going to cost a bit more I wouldn't sweat doing just the one day.

IMO the skiing in the trees above Les Coches is the best place to be in poor weather. Although above Vallandry on the Les Arcs side is pretty good too.

There is plenty of free roadside parking at Les Coches and easy access from Bourg (17km)
snow report
chopkins13 wrote:
What's the verdict on the new Inversens lift then??

It's great, we used it quite a lot. Nice red down there, and 6 mins to get back up as opposed to the old 15 mins.
ski holidays
oooh, looks like the Becoin blacks are officially open today...!!
snow report
randywatson wrote:
oooh, looks like the Becoin blacks are officially open today...!!

Fill your boots people, there is some great skiing (piste and off piste) in that sector.... although the Envers lift fck up makes for a long round trip!
snow report
@Layne, No there isn't, its all dreadful and as everyone knows La Plagne is all about big wide motorway blue pistes Cool wink
Its almost as bad as those runs hidden away off the bottom of the Inverses lift Very Happy
snow conditions
@boredsurfin, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin wink wink snowHead snowHead
snow report
Great day today, blue skies and great snow, had a lesson with Oxygene this afternoon which was lapping inversens, stunning!
I love La Plagne!
snow conditions
Well it’s finally arrived, I fly out tomorrow! My friend is already there and has just sent me a video from the chalet of the piste basher going up and down the Coches run down into Les Coches.
latest report
So jealous as not out for another 10 days but looks like more snow on the way end of next week too.
@Layne - For us it’s 10euro more pp to do 2 days LA and 2 days LaP than the 4 day discover pass inc 1 day LaP. Would need to pre book though for 2+2 so less flex re weather/conditions.
latest report
dgschof wrote:
@Layne - For us it’s 10euro more pp to do 2 days LA and 2 days LaP than the 4 day discover pass inc 1 day LaP. Would need to pre book though for 2+2 so less flex re weather/conditions.

So less than a couple of beers in and around a ski resort. So it's just down to how you feel.
ski holidays
Was out yesterday in glorious sunshine, though very cold. With no new snow pistes without snow cannons are starting to show a few thin patches, and where there are cannons they have made huge amounts of the fake stuff. Gives good coverage, but not so nice to ski on, and there are some really scrapy sections. Any one coming for a holiday will have a great time, but fresh snow is becoming ever more needed.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy