Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2018 / 2019

Poster: A snowHead
Nice refresh of snow overnight, hard to say how much (5-10cm?) and still snowing steadily.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Handy Turnip, fantastic news. It’s going to snow all day and then fingers crossed a heavy snowfall this evening.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah same here from les coches, probably about 8cm on the road and still coming down quite thick.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Russeh, thats where I’m staying next week. Are you there for the season or a week?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nice view on Bergerie webcam:
http://m.webcam-hd.com/webcam-station-la-plagne/bergerie
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
As forecast it started snowing at 11pm and is still snowing now, its forecast to stop at 7pm on Monday snowHead

What a day! When you find knee deep powder ON piste at 1.00pm you know its snowing snowHead

Called it a day now as the snow is falling thicker and visibility is fairly low ...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
After digging out the van had a great day skiing, powder on the pistes, then vis closed in this afternoon, but still snowing heavily.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks Charliee. Handily, that’s right next door to where I’m staying.

It’s been snowing all day, and it’s trying to start up again. Happy days.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boredsurfin, glad your last few days gonna be good: 2 days snow, then 2 days sunshine. Perfick.
Pity we are going to miss you.
Presumably you and RobinS have met up . . . snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
First day in la plagne and amazed how good the snow is! Headed over to les coches to play in the trees and visabilty wasnt great. Snowing hard now so tomorow should be fab! If anyone sees a purple sit ski,thats me so feel free to say hello! Excit3d for the week ahead!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@hannahlucy89, Glad you had a good day, we are on the hill over the next few days so will look out for you!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What is a reliable source for snow forecast?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sorry pressed send too soon. Context, just trrying to gather if week after next will have any white outs
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Periclease, Try this http://www.meteofrance.com/previsions-meteo-montagne/la-plagne/73210
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lots of variable terrain out there today. Deepest powder was over in Champagny. Mrs Gassy has a lesson at half 12 so did a loop down to Montalbert........ found myself enjoying the run down to La Roche, that’s never happened before!

The last couple of hours was lovely was the fresh snow on skied pistes.
latest report
Fantastic day skiing, lots of powder and lots of fun. Visibility wasn’t great at times but all good.

Started snowing heavily at 4pm which continued until about 7pm but all gone quiet now. Forecasts are saying about 30cm overnight but still waiting for any signs of that starting.
ski holidays
@Gassy222, agreed the runs down to la Roche were great today - especially this morning when the snow was all fresh and untracked.
snow report
Jealous of everyone out there today as I am guessing with the snow last night it'll be a powder day!
ski holidays
@Ricklovesthepowder, no sadly not came back yesterday.

Snow all the way down the valley on our way home yesterday. had a bit of a hairy landing back into Leeds yesterday with a missed approach/go around due to the wind.

I'm out again on Saturday but Courchevel next week.
latest report
With all the snow now coming into La Plagne, how come they are not opening up more Red/Black runs? Anyone got any idea?

We arrive on Sat for a week, first time in La Plagne.

Cheers
latest report
winniewinser wrote:
With all the snow now coming into La Plagne, how come they are not opening up more Red/Black runs? Anyone got any idea?

We arrive on Sat for a week, first time in La Plagne.

Cheers

Presumably there's a fair amount of work to do with piste preparation and clearing the areas around the lifts that link to them before they can be safely opened.
snow report
@Russeh, Us too, went back yesterday Sad
latest report
@seekstris, we stayed on piste today and had a good day despite what was quite heavy loose snow in most places. Roche de Mio was closed today but with clear blue skies forecast for tomorrow and a bit longer, conditions should be perfect and everywhere should be open

Ken
latest report
Another great day on and off piste today, cloud higher up so stayed low around Montchavin etc.
Quite a few pistes still closed but need pisteing by the machines, poles either side and cushions etc etc adding before they can be opened.
Inversens lift was closed and could hear occasional explosions so presumably some avalanche safety work going on through the day.
At the top of Crozats there was low vis with very strong winds and the pistes left off the lift were closed, so used the new Tapis Ange for the first time and headed down into the sunshine at Dos Rond.
Over the next couple of days more pistes should be opened before the snow returns again on Thursday night for several days!

@hannahlucy89, saw a Purple sit ski bombing down from the top of the Arpette lift toward Bellecote leaving everyone behind - you don't hang about do you! snowHead
snow report
@boredsurfin .. we arrive Sunday. Are we looking at white out days next week? Re snow arriving for several days from Thursday.
snow conditions
@Periclease,Keep an eye on this forecast it is from the French Met Office in Bourg - It is updated 2 or 3 times a day. Its accuracy is about the same as our Met Office in the UK. Look for the % Neige this is the probability of snow. Virtually everyday next week has snow in the forecast BUT some days there is only a 30% chance. For example todays snow was forecast all day long but the snow stopped falling at Lunchtime. http://www.meteofrance.com/previsions-meteo-montagne/la-plagne/73210
latest report
Cheers mate. Hoping for clear blue skies with all posted open Smile
latest report
@Periclease, Fingers crossed but be prepared to accept less snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Any other resorts nearby? Lol
ski holidays
@boredsurfin yup that was me! Topped 45mph today on it! A snowboarder crashed into me today and just bounced right off me and went splat....i just laughed as i stayed upright but the instructor was pretty apologetic!

We lapped the colussus chair as was fab snow and verry quiet and visability was pretty good there. Then lapped arpette this afternoon. Made the mistake of going up the funiplagne and the visability was pants and wind....mira was tough for me! But there were people far worse than me!

I think some of the runs were shut to avalanche work and yes they need some work to make them good to go but shouldnt be too long til they do given the snow we had. Hoping with some sun tomo to head higher and head towards champany side! Anyone coming out soon should have q great time!
snow report
Found it hard work out there today with the fresh snow on piste cutting up! Feeling it in the legs much earlier today. Spent the day on the Montalbert side. Went up and did Mira and totally agree with you HannahLucy...... wasn’t pleasant......... quite a lot of people struggling down it. Really looking forward to tomorrow when as mentioned above, the pistes should be groomed nicely. Heading to Les Arcs to cover some miles. Mrs Gassy wants to go see the ice caves!

Resort in general is looking a lot better with the snow from the last 48 hours. Should be a really good 4 days coming up.
snow conditions
Lots of avi blasts going on throughout today - never heard them late into the morning before. Some felt really close at times.

We managed to get the first run to la Roche this morning, completely untracked and beautiful powder. We all said that if that was our last ever run we’d be happy. It was amazing, felt like i was just surfing down.

Rest of the day was hard work though as the pistes cut up and the legs started to burn. Although the boarders in the group were having immense fun in the off piste in and out of the trees.

Looking forward to blue skies and some nicely bashed pistes tomorrow!!!!
ski holidays
Keeping a close eye on this now - we fly out Saturday for a week. Have nt been to La Plagne before (staying on Belle Plagne). Will have my seven and five year old children - any pointers on nice runs to do with them, they are on easy blues at the moment
latest report
We were out yesterday, but seemed to find the worst flat light wherever we went. Were somewhat astounded to see a party with no kit ducking the ropes to go down Morbleu (a closed black) in poor visibility, to the soundtrack of background avalanche blasting!
snow report
Trw144 wrote:
Keeping a close eye on this now - we fly out Saturday for a week. Have nt been to La Plagne before (staying on Belle Plagne). Will have my seven and five year old children - any pointers on nice runs to do with them, they are on easy blues at the moment

Belle Plagne is a nice station to be in. The blues under the Arppette lift are nice and easy as are the ones from the top of the blanchets lift both lead back into Belle Plagne. Just a little word of warning, there is a connecting blue run from belle plagne to bellcotte where all the main lifts go, it can get very busy at certain times of day and it's not particularly fun.
latest report
Russeh, which run are you referring to? The wide down beside the Balcons complex can get very busy. We then go through Belle Plagne and down the other side to Bellecote, but maybe that's the run you don't like . . .
latest report
Jonpim wrote:
Russeh, which run are you referring to? The wide down beside the Balcons complex can get very busy. We then go through Belle Plagne and down the other side to Bellecote, but maybe that's the run you don't like . . .

Yeah that one, doesn't really bother me i'm just sayings not so fun when its busy and can be hard-icy/soft moguls. We had all of that last week
snow conditions
Russeh wrote:
Trw144 wrote:

Belle Plagne is a nice station to be in. The blues under the Arppette lift are nice and easy as are the ones from the top of the blanchets lift both lead back into Belle Plagne. Just a little word of warning, there is a connecting blue run from belle plagne to bellcotte where all the main lifts go, it can get very busy at certain times of day and it's not particularly fun.

Is this the runs down from the Collusses lift? So ski down the blues under the Arpette lift, and then take the Colusses lift up and the blues back across. The kids have ski lessons at 10am so the plan would be to ski over each day (maybe not the first morning).
latest report
@Trw144, which company are you booked with for the holiday?
ski holidays
Nielson
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy