Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2018 / 2019

Poster: A snowHead
Speaking of food, the Mrs wants to take me for a birthday dinner whilst we're out. Any recommendations where we can get from/to Belle Plagne without too many problems (I tend to zig-zag and fall over without a beer in me Smile )
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowing very lightly here at Montvilliers, though they are obviously expecting more as the snowplough went through at about 6:30am.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well its snowing, but the high winds are blowing it all around, not that much overnight, but making up for it now...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Full scale heavy snow here now, quite blowy, just in time for the minibus shuttle run.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh, yes! Such a lovely picture on Plagne Centre webcam:
http://m.webcam-hd.com/webcam-station-la-plagne/colorado
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@ratkinsonuk, Chalet de Colosses at Bellecote is one of our favourites.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

@ratkinsonuk, Chalet de Colosses at Bellecote is one of our favourites.

Thanks 'E'. I dropped a subtle comment last night, and apparently we're heading for K2. Colosses and Grizzlie are still on my short list if it doesn't work out though. I'm assuming there's a free inter-village bus that will get us over to Plagne Village if necessary.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ratkinsonuk, your trip to the Grizzli from Belle Plagne will be complicated: gondola down to Bellecote, bus to Plagne Centre, bus up to Plagne Village.
Not my idea of fun.
I would go for the Carlina
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the info @Jonpim - how accessible are taxi's in the area?

The Carlina looks lovely, I'll poke my nose in the door when we get there and see if I can afford it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ratkinsonuk, there are taxis, easily accessible, but Grizzli + taxi probably equals Carlina with dosh to spare.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not sure how much we’ve had but at least 20 cm I’d say. It has improved the pistes a lot with loads more grippy snow.

We were on a blue up in arc2000 earlier with about a foot of fresh powder on it!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hi all. looking for online discount code for ski hire in la plagne 1800.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ratkinsonuk, K2 is sound. Say you're a cousin of James Blunt and you'll get 5% discount
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Say you're a cousin of James Blunt and you'll get 5% discount

Or get shipped off to the funny farm! Very Happy

Think this is about my 7th trip out to Paradiski. You'd have thought I'd be bored of it by now, but getting proper excited topped off with the fact that I know it'll be a full on powder week - soft and fluffy overnight, blue and sunny in the day....
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
its my first to the Paradiski on the 19th and been excited for a week or two now but its starting to ramp up especially with the sprinkling of snow. What are everyone's favourite runs?
latest report
Which side you staying @seekstris?
snow report
Hi @Periclease, if you go via Plagne Centre you can rent from the Ski Hut, its on the way into town on your left, its the old garage. Ski and boot rental is €8 per day - just low prices with no discounts. The skies are well services but won't be the latest models as they've done time thru a ski school.
latest report
@ratkinsonuk - La Plagne 1800
snow report
seekstris wrote:
its my first to the Paradiski on the 19th and been excited for a week or two now but its starting to ramp up especially with the sprinkling of snow. What are everyone's favourite runs?

Sources first thing in the morning. A nice fast red run without a soul on it.
ski holidays
Out skiing today. It is fantastic. Pistes in superb condition, and marvellous powder off piste. Best day of the season so far snowHead
snow report
And there are no queues!
snow conditions
@RobinS, fingers crossed that continues into next week!
latest report
@RobinS, Yes, some nice powder to be had Very Happy

Nice and bracing at -14 lol
latest report
@seekstris, my suggestion would be Arpette running back down into Plagne Bellecote. It's a lovely open highway with really nice views, and an excellent piste restaurant halfway along (all painted in white) where you can sit and people watch.

Ultimately, the reason I love the area is because there's a bit of something for everyone, so it's really about what appeals to you Cool
snow report
@eblunt, Was a tad chilly at times, especially when the weather closed in a bit this afternoon. First day this season I have worn my fleecy buff and liner gloves.
snow conditions
Bloody cold out today, glacier was all open but -20c up there. Pistes back to standard but still need more snow to get everything open.
snow report
Looked a little bit cloudy over in Les Arcs ...

ski holidays
As above lovely day today following the fresh snow. We found the champagny sector to have best conditions both sunshine and fresh powder!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Russeh, Yes, we went there as well, to get a bit of sun !
latest report
What’s it like out there then chaps? Forecast is looking promising for a nice top up on Sunday. Flying out in the early hours so hoping to be on the slopes for a couple of hours tomorrow afternoon?

Anybody know if the gondola out of Plagne Centre is running? Been shown as closed on the app the past couple of days, hoping that’s a mistake.
snow report
If you mean the grande rochette yeah it’s bean running all week.

Another good day today but we spent it at the other side in les arc.
ski holidays
Russeh wrote:
If you mean the grande rochette yeah it’s bean running all week.

Another good day today but we spent it at the other side in les arc.

That’s the one! Glad to hear for the two non skiers. I’m sat on the sofa desperate to get going now Smile
snow report
@Gassy222, had a good day today both in Les Arcs and La Plagne - most slopes in generally good condition with the occasional icy patch.

Very cold, though - -17 at 2000m, according to the thermometer at Bellecote.
snow report
How’s it looking this morning? Wildly different forecasts for today - nothing on snowforecast but 20cm+ on Bergfex?
latest report
@Handy Turnip, Cold and sunny all day today, snow makers been working all night and still on now, its a balmy -5c on the balcony. (1400m)
Snow for the next 2 days with "100% probabilite".
snow report
Pretty chilly but very dry (no frost on the minibus) when I did an early run taking guests down to Aime to catch Ben's Bus. Was completely clear then but clouds now appearing. Forecast indicates snow starting tonight, and continuing all day tomorrow and Monday, with some sun again Tuesday.
snow report
Been a great day out today, bit warmer than previous days, and pistes gloriously empty.
snow report
Hi there. Any recommendations for places to get skis tuned in Plagne Centre or are they all similar? Thanks!
latest report
Arrived in resort at half 2 and managed to get a couple of hours in above Centre and Aime. Pleasantly surprised at how nice the pistes are. Looking at the forecasts looks like we have 30cm in store for the next 48 hours and then some sun for a couple of days!
latest report
Hi @eversolazy, best to use Allais Sport in Plagne centre, just be clear about what angles you want otherwise you will get a standard rental ski service at 90 degrees.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy