Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2018 / 2019

Poster: A snowHead
As its Saturday and usually the quietest day of the week we decided to pop over to Les Arcs WOW! what a mistake it was so busy queues at the lifts and pistes like the M25!
Restaurants all rammed with standing room only...Whats it like in the week?

latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boredsurfin, i think at holiday times, there is a significant weekend input.
It was unusually busy last Saturday as well, and then almost empty come Monday.

But look at the lovely blue sky . . . snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another glorious bluebird day, despite the lack of fresh snow I am sure that those on a week's holiday are not disappointed!
Temperatures seem a bit cooler than forecasts indicate, and piste conditions are holding up remarkably well. Lower runs are icy in places, but it is all vastly better than this time two years ago.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh, and the best time to ski is between 12 and 2, when most people are having a leisurely lunch in the sun.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
More of the same today, sunshine, a bit more breeze, a bit cooler. Absolutely shedloads of people in the main areas above Bellecote and Plagne Centre. Outlying and lower areas much less busy, but lower down many of the runs are getting very icy.
JanetS is doing a Geneva transfer tomorrow, so I will be sharpening skis!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the reports RobinS ,hopefully I'll be there Saturday.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes it’s very busy. We are in champagny..... lovely village.

Queues for lifts especially Borseliers and verdins sud today.

But snow great considering..... lovely weather for long lunches and beers in the sun so all good...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@twmtwm, At least next week will be less busy, and even with the plethora of doom and gloom weather reports pretty much everyone here is having a great time.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Never seen a busier New Years Eve but 12.30 to 2.30 the lifts were empty...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@boredsurfin, Yes, that is our"peak skiing" time
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin wrote:
Never seen a busier New Years Eve but 12.30 to 2.30 the lifts were empty...

People don't like night skiing?

NehNeh
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Arctic Roll, snowHead Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just came back in from Geneva and pleased to report roads out of the Valley were very busy - at times I was the only car heading along the road from Albertville Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for the updates

We arrive for Feb half term having not yet been to La Plagne in the 20 years I've been skiing Puzzled

Anyone know the transfer time from Grenoble on a coach ?

Regards
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@leeboy, 2 hours by car
so probably 3 or 4 by Coach... Depending on the weather, could be longer
ski holidays
How are the pistes holding up with the lack of recent snowfall? Is there still snow all the way down to the lower resorts and villaroger etc? I’m out on 22nd January so fingers crossed some fresh snow before then!
ski holidays
Good question, interested to hear how it’s holding up. Only saving grace is that it’s looking to remain cold now. Locked in to coming on the 12th. Resigned to the idea that there won’t be any fresh snow before we arrive and hoping for some the week we are there. Feeling pretty down about it, but that won’t change the weather rolling eyes
snow conditions
Pistes holding up remarkably well. There are icy patches, and lower runs are getting very icy, but still open. We really do need new snow, but with the glorious sunshine everyone here is really enjoying themselves.
latest report
it looks like the glacier isn't open yet, do we know why?
snow report
@RobinS, last time
I was in the Paradiski it was a complete ice bowl. People falling and having accidents all over the place. I hope this time it’s somewhat different and it snows before I get out there! Cold temps for the next week so the snow cannons will be blasting away but nothing better than fresh snow!
ski holidays
Pistes are holding up well- staying in Belle Plagne this week and we had a great and quiet ski down to Montalbert yesterday. Was in Plagne Centre mid-January last year when it had snowed shedloads and I can’t say the pistes are much different even if the place doesn’t look like a chocolate box this time.
Glacier was open today and skiing was excellent!
ski holidays
wintersoldier17 wrote:
Pistes are holding up well- staying in Belle Plagne this week and we had a great and quiet ski down to Montalbert yesterday. Was in Plagne Centre mid-January last year when it had snowed shedloads and I can’t say the pistes are much different even if the place doesn’t look like a chocolate box this time.

thats very positive to hear! rose tinted or not i'll take it Laughing. I'm out on Sunday....

wintersoldier17 wrote:
Glacier was open today and skiing was excellent!

my bad, going off the webcams looked unused
snow conditions
@Ricklovesthepowder, If you were here two years ago as we were, it is nothing like as bad as that. That season we gave up skiing for new year week as it was so dangerous, this season we are still enjoying it
ski holidays
And we have a small amount of fresh snow this morning as well Toofy Grin
snow report
Montalbert snow cannons started at 5pm last night and still on this morning....Light snowfall overnight as well and its just started again now, if it was rain it would be a fine drizzle, so nothing to get excited about snowHead
Off to Aime later for logs and kindling - its rather cold -3c on the balcony

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 2-01-19 10:23; edited 1 time in total
snow report

Current level of fresh snow on the balcony rail snowHead
ski holidays
Anything is better than nothing!
latest report
@boredsurfin, Nah, that's just wind blown from the cannon wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
what are the conditions like around 1800 this week? we due out there on the 20th and snow reports not looking promising. Confused
ski holidays
@Periclease, Snows fine, its cold at night which preserves it plus the snow makers are running each night as well, today snow is forecast for from 9th to 15th .... http://www.meteofrance.com/previsions-meteo-montagne/la-plagne/73210
snow report
@boredsurfin. cheers mate. will touch base nearer to our time out there.
snow conditions
Out again today, fine sunshine, but it's cold!
Above about 2000m pistes are"good to firm", with the odd icy stretch. Lower down "firm to icy" with quite a lot of ice. I would say though that despite no worthwhile fresh snow the pistes are actually better than a couple of days ago.
latest report
Agree with all @RobinS, says above..
We got down to Chalet Friolin but it was so COLD coming back (easily the forecasted -12c) we decided to call it a day on Collusus chair which was the coldest its been for a good while - it was noticeably warmer as we passed through 1800 on the way back but it was still -4c on the balcony at 3.30pm. So log fire lit and heating turned up!
We did notice that the Blue Piste into 1800 Loup Garou was closed due to the patches of ice and mud. The red piste Les Mines is still open but very hard packed.
So the return to 1800 on Blues is best via Jean Marie or Lovatière (down from Aime 2000) or the bus of course, if the Red is too much...
snow report
Just booked arriving on the 19th for a week so hoping the weather forecasts keeps improving as it looks like it is in FI.

Just a quick one but can anyone recommend a company or someone to have a private lesson with? Like to get a private lesson with myself at the other half to help get my ski legs back etc Smile
snow report
@seekstris, Lime ski school http://limesnowsports.com E mail them now, to see if they can fit you in. If not Oxygene. https://www.oxygene.ski/la-plagne-ski-school/
snow report
Thanks, will give them a shout
latest report
I found the La Plagne side to be much the same as the Les Arcs side the last few days. It is now getting very cold. The pistes almost everywhere are well warn and rock hard. Getting a good edge when turning for most people seems very difficult so a lot of side slipping and out of control skiers everywhere. I fear next week will continue with much of the same. Fingers crossed for more snow soon.
snow conditions
I see a dump of snow has crept into the forecast for Tuesday evening.
ski holidays
-8c on the balcony this morning. Snow makers been working all night and still on now. Makes you wonder how much water they have stored.
snow report
Hi all, I'm Arriving tomorrow in La Plagne for a week and and I've been looking this week at what Pistes are open/closed. I notice that the Black runs in the Glacier sector and in the Biolley sector don't seem to be open, anyone know the reasons? Last time I visited La Plagne I was a beginner so was looking forward this time to trying out some of the runs which I got nowhere near on my last visit!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy