Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2018 / 2019

Poster: A snowHead
@Jonpim, Thats much improved isn't it snowHead BUT the devil is in the detail - only 50 to 60% chance of Neige.
Now showing 9 consecutive days (and nights) of snow from 20th snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 15-11-18 14:39; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Guys, come on now, you are better than this rolling eyes wink Laughing snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Layne, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
my first trip to La Plagne upcoming at NY...staying in Champagny with Barrelli Ski....any LP regs know much of them or any tip CeV tips ??

Cheers
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@stefoy4me, Best tip that side of the map is Borselier, other restaurants are very good but Borselier is simply consistent, also the upstairs loo must have the best 'Loo with a view" in the Alps Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
boredsurfin wrote:
@Jonpim, Thats much improved isn't it snowHead BUT the devil is in the detail - only 50 to 60% chance of Neige.
:

Now showing 9 consecutive days (and nights) of snow from 20th snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And cold throughout snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snow delivery pushed back to 23/11 now ....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@boredsurfin, What you using. Been using Bergfex for last few seasons and very, very accurate. Anything outside 3 days is just a guess anyway. Cold but not much snow on the horizon sadly https://www.bergfex.com/la-plagne/wetter/berg/
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The snow is running a bit late, when do we begin to worry?

I'm heading out on the 5th to La Plagne, hoping for a season closer to last years than the year before - snow wise.

Shocked
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snx, Dec 5th or Jan 5th?
2011/12 was a wonderful season, and snow didn't arrive until Dec 5th.
And then it just kept snowing. And stayed cold.
That December we spent more energy clearing snow than actually skiing.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@thefatcontroller, The local one.... from the Bourg St Maurice office of France Meteo snowHead

http://www.meteofrance.com/previsions-meteo-montagne/la-plagne/73210
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snow makers making snow this morning
http://m.webcam-hd.com/webcam-station-la-plagne/montalbert
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin, the other webcam also worth a look: https://laplagne.roundshot.com/montalbert/

An tomorrow its "some flakes" snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boredsurfin wrote:
@thefatcontroller, The local one.... from the Bourg St Maurice office of France Meteo snowHead

http://www.meteofrance.com/previsions-meteo-montagne/la-plagne/73210

I find Bergfex a little more honest 😂👍
snow report
@Jonpim 5TH December

Plenty of time still for the snow to come!
ski holidays
Starting to get a good number of the chairs loaded on too the cables of the new Inversens lift now judging by what you can see on the RDM webcam...
snow conditions
Yes, chopkins13, i've been following progress on the Inversens lift as well

And today there's been some more snow snowHead

Even down as far as Montalbert!
ski holidays
only 4 chairs to go . . . snowHead
http://m.webcam-hd.com/webcam-station-la-plagne/roche-de-mio
snow conditions
chopkins13 wrote:
Starting to get a good number of the chairs loaded on too the cables of the new Inversens lift now judging by what you can see on the RDM webcam...
great news, but regretfully I won't be visiting La Plagne this season to try out the new lift - oh no! But I'll be back sometime....
snow report
Being that its la Plagne being discussed hopefully no one minds me asking what the probability of decent snow in La Plagne will be for the week 26 Jan to 2nd Feb (2019). Unfortunately for me I cant go 2nd Feb for a week and things get pricey further into the season. Last year we went out 3-10th Feb and snow was much much better than the year prior when we went 7-14th Jan 2017. In fact so much better than we could ski the left side of the resort below Bellecote. In fact I see these runs are all "Natur'" which I'm guessing means they are rarely groomed..

Also if anyone knows of any decent apartments for rent for the week 9th to 16th Feb. I would be really interested.
snow conditions
La Plagne looking rather lovely today:
http://m.webcam-hd.com/webcam-station-la-plagne/colorado
snowHead
snow report
@swarmcatcher, I don't mean to be rude - by how on earth can anyone tell you what the snow will be like at a point in the future - it really is a dumb question! What I can tell you is that historically its a great time to visit as it low season and the snow should be fine. In 2010 no snow fell during Jan but in all other years some snow has fallen and over the past few years Jan has been about the snowiest month.
the weather and snow will be what it will be!
snow conditions
@Charliee, bit harsh. @swarmcatcher asked for the "probability" of decent snow - that's a perfectly valid question (and it's been answered on another thread).

"What will the snow be like" is a different question and not possible to answer, but that's not what was asked.
snow report
@swarmcatcher,

As @Charliee, put it, you just can't tell with any certainty what it will be like. However, I've been a lot at times ranging from Christmas to late April, and late Jan to mid Feb has always for me been the times when the snow has been fine. It would be very unlikely not to have had a decent dump of snow for a whole month before then.
latest report
Charliee, i quite understand your response, and i have been impressed by the restraint in posts on the other thread swarmcatcher started, BUT, actually his is the question we all ask whenever we book a ski trip, however daft it may be.
That's why we fanatically watch the weather threads, the webcams, the tealeaves, and any other info vaguely related to snow in our intended area.
(Completely ignoring the far more interesting subject of just what is "decent snow" Cool )
ski holidays
Jonpim wrote:
actually his is the question we all ask whenever we book a ski trip

No it isn't.

And certainly not for a trip in late Jan/early Feb.
snow conditions
Layne wrote:
Jonpim wrote:
actually his is the question we all ask whenever we book a ski trip

No it isn't.

And certainly not for a trip in late Jan/early Feb.

You're being a bit of a shitbag for no reason
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well, Snx, a forthright statement certainly, but a valid point of view all the same.
I think the key word is "decent". Some sort of snow is definitely likely end of January, but we had rain then last year, followed by
some heavy wet snow ( and a load of avalanches on the road up from Plagne Centre) - some loved it, lots didn't.
snow report
@Snx, @Jonpim, then please advise @swarmcatcher of when he should go skiing in La Plagne...

And could you also find him a "decent apartment for rent for the week 9th to 16th Feb"....

I'm out.....
snow report
Layne wrote:
@Snx, @Jonpim, then please advise @swarmcatcher of when he should go skiing in La Plagne...

And could you also find him a "decent apartment for rent for the week 9th to 16th Feb"....

I'm out.....

Not saying it wasn't a daft question, but there was no need for snotty responses - You have to remember, not everyone is lucky enough to have plenty of experience of the mountains.

Everyone wonders what the snow will be like when they book a Ski holiday, if you don't you're lying.

I also see nothing wrong with asking for recommendations, maybe you stay in an awesome apartment each year @Layne, and therefore would recommend it to our new friend @swarmcatcher?

I work the season out in La Plagne so I can't recommend any apartments from experience, I guess it depends if you want self catered or not?

Some of the Pierre Vacances in 1800 are nice, you can get good deals on those through Crystal which include Flights, Transfers etc.

https://www.laplagnet.com/chalets/
https://www.laplagnet.com/apartments/

There are a few nice deals on there.
latest report
@Snx, I already answered swarmcatcher in specific (and I believe sympathetic) terms in the other thread he/she started because they hadn't got a reply on this thread.

My "snotty" reply was to @Jonpim, a regular poster, who made a claim I just didn't believe was correct. I don't believe it was "snotty" but let's move on... if swarmcatcher wants further help I and I am sure others are willing to help.
snow report
New 'experiences' for the coming season

The first tracks offer has been extended this year to 3 of the villages

Quote:
The lift has opened specially for you and you are one of the first ones at the top of the slopes ready to go. You enjoy the chilled out and re-energising atmosphere while admiring the view and then it's over to you to make the first tracks in the freshly groomed snow, prepared by our snow groomers just hours or minutes before: what a treat!!! At certain times of year, you can even admire the sunrise at altitude. Don't forget your camera!
After the first run, a Savoy breakfast awaits you as a reward for getting up early!

3 different First Tracks events are on offer depending where you are staying

https://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/first-track
ski holidays
Don’t forget tomorrow is the last chance to buy discounted passes for the coming season.
latest report
Going off the webcams looks like most of the precipitation this weekend was rain to a fairly high altitude. Hope the freeze line for next dump is a bit lower.
snow report
Yes, Russeh: webcams show fair amount of snow at Roche de Mio, snow at Bergerie somewhat depleted, and snow almost all gone at Montalbert except for remnants of mound formed by snowmakers.
Meteoexploration has freezing level at 2400m up to Friday, than temperature plummets.
Meteoblue suggests lots of lovely snow will then fall.
Meteofrance concurs.
And we arrive on the 14th - definitely need to pack the extra-warm fleece and handwarmers snowHead
snow report
Yeah next weekend is looking promising. Hope it's in better shape for the 14th Jonpim.

I'm not out until the 6th of Jan, on snow watch for the next 5 weeks Laughing
latest report
@Jonpim, We arrive 16th ... A few odds and ends to sort before Monty opens snowHead
latest report
Lovely morning up at Roche de Mio today
http://m.webcam-hd.com/webcam-station-la-plagne/roche-de-mio

Meteofrance predicting 10 days of snow from the 8th, including "snowstorms" on 8th, 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th (whatever they are)
snow conditions
Snow-forecast giving 1 metre of snow to fall over Sat/Sun/Mon
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy